I have a questions about the game

1.      I would like to know are we going to be the only Player Character on the Planet at the start or are you going to be one of many and how many factions are you going to start with?

2.     What type of resources are you going to have from say common resources, such as water iron copper, gas, oil, uranium. to rare resources such as gold silver to very rare resources that will give certain bonuses in the game? (very rare resources that you got to take risk collecting will cause wars and battles over them)

3.     Are you looking at NPC crews both as allies and hostile forces (EG Aliens all out to exterminate of all existence to the easy pirate confrontation)? Breaking away from PVP to PVE.

4.    Last one is most space games in first person characters such as Eve have you being able to colonise a planet by yourself watch that planets or city population and Economy grow establishing trade to other planets and factions and so forth. But you have no way of producing a military force  to defend your planet. You can defend the planet with your ship and maybe a couple of friends but it would be unrealistic even with one or two of the biggest weapons in the game you would not be able to defend that planet with one ship.  Is there going to be away for you to build up a military for defence or even the other way around a invasion fleet.

More of ideas but how are you going to work the game mechanics for this.

Thankyou

Hi Cainon and welcome to our forum.

To answer your questions:

1. I'm not sure to understand your question here. Each player will incarnate a PC (Player Character) in game. If you are talking about finding NPCs (Non Player Characters) on the planet you start. Well, not really (except maybe a few NPCs coming from the same spaceship you're aboard). See the beginner's experience as discovering and colonizing a new, fresh world. There will be no factions at the beginning, apart those players will create.

2. Yes, we will have common and rare resources in game. Rare resources will enable players to make items that aren't possible without the specific resources, or making items that can be made in different ways, but with different levels of quality (using a rare resource making the item of higher quality). So yes, this will be an important incentive to have "territory control" in areas rich in resources.

3. We might have NPCs involving ingame events on the long run. This is a possibility. But don't expect anything like that right from the beginning.

4. Again, I'm not sure to understand what you're refering to: EvE is in Third Person View (not First Person) and you can't really "colonize" a planet, you can only install some predefined buildings for industrial purpose (that's probably why it's simply called "Planetary Interaction"). Those buildings can't be attacked either (only the custom office from which you get the resources). This type of gameplay is radically different of what we have in mind for Dual Universe: we aim for an immersive experience, where you are one of the people making each building, or, if you are at the head of a group of players, you can indeed manage a whole industrial process, coordinating other players. But you won't have implicit NPC armies of workers executing your orders. You will have the ability to make mechanical workers, but even that will be probably limited (we want to emphasize player cooperation. It's a very important component of the MMORPG genre, quite lost in the latest games of this category, in our opinion). And of course, as a natural evolution of this concept, we have in mind to develop elements for the planetary defense.

I hope this answers to your questions :)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

1.      I would like to know are we going to be the only Player Character on the Planet at the start or are you going to be one of many and how many factions are you going to start with?

as far as i remember we will have a single planet in the beginning where every player starts at, but the universe will be expanded continously

4.    Last one is most space games in first person characters such as Eve have you being able to colonise a planet by yourself watch that planets or city population and Economy grow establishing trade to other planets and factions and so forth. But you have no way of producing a military force  to defend your planet. You can defend the planet with your ship and maybe a couple of friends but it would be unrealistic even with one or two of the biggest weapons in the game you would not be able to defend that planet with one ship.  Is there going to be away for you to build up a military for defence or even the other way around a invasion fleet.

While you might be able to create a complete automatized and scripted industry on a planet yourself ( if' u're filthy rich and can play 100h/day) normaly those things will depend on a group of several players to realize. As for ur own army, maybe it will be possible to create simple completely scripted drones which automatically attack players without certain permissions, so u probably could defend an industrial area by urself (again, with a vast amount of ressources)

Hello Cainon. 

I would imagine that in Dual, an army would be made by the players themselves. If you are a strategist and a leader, you could amass people underneath you to be in a militia. This militia could be absorbed by a larger community, or government with you heading up the military. 

It feels like Dual is going to rely heavily on the playerbase to build literal communities, but Dual also allows for small groups of players to achieve their own goals. It's really not too different from real life. 

I will most likely design build machines for a small camp that grows into a town that grows into a city that grows into a megalopolis that grows into a nation. Or build things for myself, sell them as a merchant/pirate :D