Pets

Bella_Astrum

Cryofreezing pets wouldn't have been possible. There was a very strict limit on the number of humans allowed on the Arkships, let alone pets. Not to be biased to humans or against animals or anything, but there would have been an outrage among the other humans denied passage. DNA samples is much more likely.

That's a good point, DNA sampling then possibly. I'd imagine there'd be some sort of DNA database of plants and animals for settlement elsewhere.

That's a good point, DNA sampling then possibly. I'd imagine there'd be some sort of DNA database of plants and animals for settlement elsewhere.

Two movies come to mind about this. Interstellar, and Titan A.E.

Both contained a ship that had a fairly large lab contained with just about every living organism on Earth. Granted, that's a lot to try and put in to a game where it's not about "Earth", but it could certainly be put in to the official lore, and from there we would have valid reason to believe why in our new world we have these Earth-like plants and other livestock. Seems like a good move to me anyways.

Two movies come to mind about this. Interstellar, and Titan A.E.

Both contained a ship that had a fairly large lab contained with just about every living organism on Earth. Granted, that's a lot to try and put in to a game where it's not about "Earth", but it could certainly be put in to the official lore, and from there we would have valid reason to believe why in our new world we have these Earth-like plants and other livestock. Seems like a good move to me anyways.

It also gives the art direction a bit more freedom in that not everything has to be alien be it plant or animal. This could allow for cross breeds of earth animals with alien life form though DNA manipulation or even plant life. 

It matters little to me. I'll be on my ship hiding in a dark crevice of an asteroid sipping on protein smoothies. :P

EDIT: Protein smoothie =  raw matter inside a sequencer to make a strawberry flavored shake. 

It also gives the art direction a bit more freedom in that not everything has to be alien be it plant or animal. This could allow for cross breeds of earth animals with alien life form though DNA manipulation or even plant life. 

It matters little to me. I'll be on my ship hiding in a dark crevice of an asteroid sipping on protein smoothies. :P

That image is both amusing, and yet oddly disturbing. 

035a78eade9fa985bb321b9d2ead3200_xlarge.

• 2 weeks later...

This idea of pets interests me. It'd be interesting if the mechanics could be handled in a similar way that Ark: Survival Evolved handles it. 

That is to say, we can tame the massive herbivores to carry around our resources and such, and predators to assist in hunting and combat.