NQ-Nyzaltar

Members selected for the Alpha Team Vanguard

There will be another selection of testers before the end of this year. Stay involved with the community, post on the forums, write blogs, make videos, or anything else to contribute. 

Also, we don't know if they will do an NDA for the Alpha testing portion, so you may not be able to stream until the Beta, or without written permission by NQ. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it. :)

And welcome to DU.

Most companies do an NDA for the first 5 updates on the Alpha, just to get the major / obvious bugs / glitches off the game. It's standard practise usually, it's the rule of thumb in such cases.

Yeah, mostly :D 

They don't want to show the bugs cause people nowadays will react something like "OMG THIS GAME IS SO BUGGY! IT WILL STINK!" if there is even the slightest bug.

Yeah, mostly :D 

They don't want to show the bugs cause people nowadays will react something like "OMG THIS GAME IS SO BUGGY! IT WILL STINK!" if there is even the slightest bug.

Example No Mans Sky and their no preload of the game

"Perhaps they'll release the names of the next selection on the 2nd of September along with news about the KickStarter campaign. A lot of people are interested in funding the KickStarter, and I for one am prepared to spend all that I need to get this game to the final release."

"Perhaps they'll release the names of the next selection on the 2nd of September along with news about the KickStarter campaign. A lot of people are interested in funding the KickStarter, and I for one am prepared to spend all that I need to get this game to the final release."

fcffa2e6be.gif

The day the KickStarter is released

Oh my i missed a lot here congratulation to the chosen and keep us up to date when it starts. And i support the comments that say peps shud not put too much emotions into things. I would also like to be part of an alpha test of such an interesting game but on the other side my new born daughter is a bigger journey i am willing to go. Get into alpha ot not shud not make us hate or rage, lets just have patience wait. In the end this game will come to a state where we can play it. Its like a baby, first its born and new, a lot is there to learn mistakes to make ( alpha). Second its starts to crowch on the ground and learns more ( first updates). Third it walks on its own unsecure at the beginning but gets better every day ( beta). Fourth it learns to speak, plays and gives a lot love ( game release). Fifth the journey beginns ;)

I Will play the game cos i like the idea, the inspiration, and the try to make something new and big.

I give it a chance to surprise me in the end. Keep on going and show us more videos of the game ;)

Hi everyone!

We were silent for a long time about this topic... but we didn't forget it ;)

Note: The way the new members have been selected is based on many factors (not just one). 
A forum account is required to be part of the Alpha Team.

The activity on the forum can be (and not necessarily always is) a factor. 
There are many other parameters that can impact a lot:
- Behavior and quality of the posts (welcoming new comers and reply to their questions, even obvious ones without being rude)
- Being active on the social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Spreading the news about Dual Universe
- Fan projects related to the game
- Creating a living organization, generating already content.
- Helping in managing community tasks (Exemple: Moderation on reddit, Help on the Gamepedia Wiki, etc).

Here is the second wave coming:

30 new members join the Alpha Team!

- Aetherios
- Anasasi
- Archonius
- Atmosph3rik
- Code24
- Cornflakes
- Darius Sanguna
- DevisDevine
- Dhara_Elysande
- Dominar
- DaSchiz
- Dygz_Briarthorn
- FrigoPorco
- GalloInfligo
- Guttertrash
- Halo381
- Khaymann
- Lethak
- Lethality
- MasteredRed
- Nietoperek
- Ripper
- ShadowlordAlpha
- SzaryWilk
- The War Doctor
- TrihXeen
- Warden
- WilksCheckov
- Yamamushi
- Zander

Congratulations to all the new members! :)
(There will be other waves)

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

Big question for the devs. will the whole world be wiped of the things the alpha players build and make before the main release of DU? Or will everything always be there?

There will be wipes.

At least at the end of the Alpha phase, for many reasons.

And probably a few during the Closed Beta. For the Open Beta, it still subject to discussion.

Alpha & Closed Beta are meant to test and help us improve the game, not to play before everyone else to get a huge step ahead from the most part of the players. The only thing that the players "might" keep from one phase to another before the Open Beta could be player-made blueprints (and when we say "might", it's a possibility, not a certainty).

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

There will be wipes.

At least at the end of the Alpha phase, for many reasons.

And probably a few during the Closed Beta. For the Open Beta, it still subject to discussion.

Alpha & Closed Beta are meant to test and help us improve the game, not to play before everyone else to get a huge step ahead from the most part of the players. The only thing that the players "might" keep from one phase to another before the Open Beta could be player-made blueprints (and when we say "might", it's a possibility, not a certainty).

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for the response. Im glad there will be wipes. Wouldnt be giving anyone an unfair advantage

WOW! speechless. and excited for the kickstarter. will be putting money towards to dev for sure

Same here. Even if I become a Alpha team member im going to invest as much as i can. Lets get some more Silverlight Industry members in this Alpha!

It is an honor. . .

- I hope we can all look back at this day a decade from now and reflect on how it all began, from such humble beginnings. 

Subscription threads, and forum organization drama.

I'll be sipping a beer with a smile on my face as I think about it 10 years from now. :D