NQ-Nyzaltar

Members selected for the Alpha Team Vanguard

Of course I'm sure some A-Team members like vylqun would like nothing better than praise and smiley faces but my smiley faces are reserved for members who are actually here and don't troll. 

Thats quite ridiculous, as no alpha member needs anything like praises or smileys from you, why would they? After all you said they got their spot and don't care for anything else, u're contradicting urself :P Besides, i wonder why its trolling if i don't agree to you? Or when i make a small joke that nobody related to it found offending? I deem nora to be a person who can talk for himself/herself as you can see in the posts and i even said in the same post that there are posts with good and important content made by nora, the only one trolling here is you. Probably because you're envious? At least you seem to be a bit bitter.

But, just to have some content in this post, alpha members were chosen because they showed some good suggestions and are active in discussing concepts they are interested in. Take me for example, my focus lies on crafting, scripting and pvp, i dont care for cosmetics, economics or social content. So why would i have to force myself to answer such threads? Being an alpha member doesn't force you to do such things. I give my comments and opinion on topics related to my interest, thats what i always did. If the devs found that to be good enough for me to become an alpha member then who are you to judge them?

At the same time Alpha members don't nessecarily have more information about the game than you do, because everything they know was read in dev blogs or the following discussions. Blaming the lack of general knowledge on alpha members who aren't as active as you'd wish they are is just blaming others for ones own lazyness. That might change as soon as there really is an alpha, but currently alpha members are just regular members with just a different title.

Is it the duty of every alpha players to post/reply in forums regularly? do they get paid for it? if not why are we acting like they do? 

No, and I don't know why some posters here are making such a big deal out of it. It's alpha people, come on. Doesn't make anyone special to be on the "A-Team", and nor should it be your focus for being involved in the community. I get it, you all want to play early, but honestly? It's an alpha build. I'll be banging my head against the wall more so than getting an early look. I would of been content had I been selected or not.

You guys and gals need to chill. 

True Alpha testing is mostly like work, and an exercise in frustration  :)    Play 10 minutes, freeze, reboot, drop to error message, reboot, build something, it disappears  :)

I am going to assume from what I have seen so far from NovaQuark that Alpha is not going to be a pre-launch candy store, it is going to be work. 

The point is: alpha can be a hard test for the tester to like the game at all. There will be lots of stuff you do, which won't even make it to the release. There might be some fun in it, I remember some very funny sessions of two alphas, but it was funny because of the people participating, not because of the errors we had to reproduce over an over again.

In Dark and Light we simply had to run and run and run... it was a gigantic place, but how funny is it to just run and run... ;)

Well, it was pretty clear where the comment was directed, so apologies to nora if he/she felt it was towards them. As for the original poster of the comment. Personally I would rather see Alpha Testing members be active members of the community. The last thing any community needs are A-Team members who put on a good face at the beginning then disappear as soon as they get their testing position. Yes, Lady_Astrum, I am sure A-Team members are busy doing other things. And I am sure everyone else is busy doing other things, like working real jobs and making real money to support this game come kickstarter. 

Personally, I think if A-Team members really care about DU, they'll be on regularly showing support and encouraging others - because what I am seeing now is a I got mine Jack attitude. Not all A-Team members mind you; I have seen some post fairly regularly which is awesome. But if pointing this obvious lack of effort on the part of some A-Team members offends them enough to actually show up, I guess it's better than nothing. Of course I'm sure some A-Team members like vylqun would like nothing better than praise and smiley faces but my smiley faces are reserved for members who are actually here and don't troll. 

The game isn't playable yet to anyone here, and A-Team members aren't here to babysit anyone as far as I'm aware. There will be game testing, and as some others have said, that means having a lot of patience and dilligence. There's no competition here that I'm aware of, and there's no reason why A-Team members should be getting targeted in any way, shape or form. We're all gamers with different backgrounds, different tastes and expectations, and I'm sure most people here will be able to offer some really helpful feedback and support to Dual Universe and Novaquark in good time, regardless.

I'm sure we're all of adult age here, so I think it's important we all act with maturity. A post count isn't a measurement for commitment, and I personally would rather see everyone here who supports the game, supporting the game with quality feedback as and when each individual feels they have something to contribute. If that means someone posts one post per week until alpha, during alpha, or after alpha, that is up to them. It's really none of your business Zen001 what someone posts, when and why, and its highly presumptive of you to think that it is. 

I'm fairly sure what NQ and DU will need is feedback, quality commentary and committed testers.

Well, it was pretty clear where the comment was directed, so apologies to nora if he/she felt it was towards them. As for the original poster of the comment. Personally I would rather see Alpha Testing members be active members of the community. The last thing any community needs are A-Team members who put on a good face at the beginning then disappear as soon as they get their testing position. Yes, Lady_Astrum, I am sure A-Team members are busy doing other things. And I am sure everyone else is busy doing other things, like working real jobs and making real money to support this game come kickstarter. 

Personally, I think if A-Team members really care about DU, they'll be on regularly showing support and encouraging others - because what I am seeing now is a I got mine Jack attitude. Not all A-Team members mind you; I have seen some post fairly regularly which is awesome. But if pointing this obvious lack of effort on the part of some A-Team members offends them enough to actually show up, I guess it's better than nothing. Of course I'm sure some A-Team members like vylqun would like nothing better than praise and smiley faces but my smiley faces are reserved for members who are actually here and don't troll. 

A couple of things.

A. Nora does NOT PROVIDE quality posts. Most of his posts are fluff, simple replies to anyone who says anything. Frankly I find noras posting to be tiresome and borderline spam and most of which offer nothing to any discussion. He seems like a nice enough fellow but his over enthusiasm can be a turn off to people. Too much of anything is a bad thing.

B. I am going to say this in caps so that you may fully understand something. THE GAME IS NOT RELEASED OR PLAYABLE...THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT EXCEPT SPECULATION.....that being said. See 'C' below.

C. Do you know what an NDA is? an NDA stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. I am a designer in real life, I sign NDA's with the companies I contract with. What this means is that I am signing a contract stating I will not talk about, or leak PRIVATE Intellectual property or information that they company is entrusting me with. I do not know whether or not we will be signing NDA's with Novaquark for Alpha access, but if we do we will not be able to talk about it because we will be obligated contractually. IF we did talk about it, Novaquark could sue us AND WIN in court. I am not willing to take that chance.

D. Post count does not equate to alpha access. This is not the rule in which Novaquark uses to determine whether someone is good enough for alpha or not. Based on what I have seen and many of the people who were invited, part of his rule is proven building techniques in other voxel games that closely resembles the type of building Novaquark is working on. Simply, some or part of the alpha access team has experience in building voxel based sci fi and were showing interest in Dual early on.

I am not sure why you are constantly championing Nora for nothing more than his post spam. Many of the alpha players do post here regularly, but they post where posts are needed, not just to fill their post counter. What it sounds like to me is that you and nora are friends or relatives or the same person and  he desperately wants to be in alpha (which is understandable) and this is your attempt at making him look like a knight in shining armor while dismissing the rest of us as not being worthy, outside of starting needless drama that I am now taking part in...and frankly this game is too early to have this kind of drama. Its simply not necessary.

That being said. I will be putting you and nora on ignore because I am not looking for drama on these forums. Have a nice day.

Hi everyone,

I think there's no reason to start any conflict there.

There isn't only one way to participate appropriately.

Some show their support by lengthy posts full of suggestions and ideas.

Other display their enthousiasm with shorter, more numerous posts, sharing their expectations. 
Speculations don't often help to improve the game, but sometimes it does: from speculations can appear some new ideas or suggestions.

So it's not always a bad thing.

However, it seems that comparing the number of posts has  become a game (or race) and reflect, in some ways, legitimity for something.

To dissipate any doubts, post count is something that is barely a factor we take into account. Sure, it shows if a community member is a minimum active, but above a certain level, it doesn't matter anymore. For example (and it's just an example, not a rule), we won't make a difference between a member who made 50 posts in 3 months and a member who made 600 posts in 3 weeks. For many reasons: people have different amount of free time, participating to the community doesn't revolve around just posting on the forum, seeing how a member interacts with others is also important (if he replies nicely to others, or if he's quick to start flame wars. We don't judge anyone on one incident though, as we are human after all), the number of realistic suggestions/ideas posted are also a factor, helping on the social media to share the news about Dual Universe is another way to help, welcoming the new members, helping in updating the community wiki on Gamepedia... As you can see there are a lot of ways to participate to the community growth.

So please, don't start a fight around post counting.

This would be clearly a waste of time.

On the possibility to enlarge the Alpha Team, yes we are considering it. But I can't give you some date at the moment.

All I can say is: act naturally, and don't act in a way that is not your usual self, just in the hope to get in the Alpha: the wait will be far more easy to endure.

(We also can't wait on our side to let you join the game... But we need to make many things ready before that happens).

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Well after all this I just have to say, actually Nora, DU needs this. It needs this because Alpha Testing will require more than simply submitting ideas, it will need dedication on a daily level. If A-Team members cannot find the time to be here on forums than how will they find the time to rigorously test the game? Sorry but the DEVs have already made a mistake by picking those more interested regurgitating ideas from the net than finding dedicated consistent testers. So I leave it to you - I can see the direction already being taken and I have to say I am not impressed. But I do wish you all success and hope DU brings about the badly needed gameplay space faring pilots long for. 

Lady, could you or anyone else PM me the games they are using to work out their ideas? I know of one or two that I have, just curious to what others are playing.

Tomorrow night will be filled with reading up on the dev blogs. There are so many posts I want to comment on, but I feel that if I don't educate myself on things, I could end up talking about something that has already been said.

Also, this game has given me a new inspiration to take a couple of online courses(one that I need to start already lol) to start learning some programming and what not.

Lady, could you or anyone else PM me the games they are using to work out their ideas? I know of one or two that I have, just curious to what others are playing.

Tomorrow night will be filled with reading up on the dev blogs. There are so many posts I want to comment on, but I feel that if I don't educate myself on things, I could end up talking about something that has already been said.

Also, this game has given me a new inspiration to take a couple of online courses(one that I need to start already lol) to start learning some programming and what not.

The programming course sounds awesome, go for it  :D. I'm not old by any means, but if I was younger I know I would have taken a different path and gone for game design, but never say never lol. 

PM'ing the games I know of. I know what you mean regarding reading up on blogs, this game will have a lot going for it, and there'll certainly be a lot to learn as we go along.

If A-Team members cannot find the time to be here on forums than how will they find the time to rigorously test the game? Sorry but the DEVs have already made a mistake by picking those more interested regurgitating ideas from the net than finding dedicated consistent testers.

can u actually do anything else than bad-mouthing people just because they have an alpha-members tag? Why are u acting so pitiful?

There are quite some original ideas that aren't "regurgitated" ones. On the other hand, even those, that are derived from other games do have their meaning, because the devs certainly haven't played every game, and its not wrong to be inspired by good features.

As for if the current alpha testers will be able to do their job, i highly doubt you can judge them correctly as you seem heavily biased. And the point you made is complete nonsense, spamming in the forums might make you dedicated to spamming the forums, but doesn't make you a good alpha tester, while people with few but quality posts will certainly do a better job to get their job done. In alpha testing a high quality input is always better than baseless ranting.

So please, just stop trolling, act like an adult and everything will be fine. People who only know how to insult others aren't really needed.

Sad to see people trip over one another.

Perhaps a maximum amount of forum post per day would reduce this kind of discussion as the posts used yould be too presious to be waisted.

Well hello

I'm spaghetti monsters twin brother we form a team of course and have been kickstarter alpha's for Elite Dangerous.

I do have space engineer but to be honnest Elite ate most of my time.

Now what I found is that forums can get very dirty when there is something to gain as reputation. Hopefully a good system will be found to avoid this.

Good luck

Sad to see people trip over one another.

Perhaps a maximum amount of forum post per day would reduce this kind of discussion as the posts used yould be too presious to be waisted.

Well hello

I'm spaghetti monsters twin brother we form a team of course and have been kickstarter alpha's for Elite Dangerous.

I do have space engineer but to be honnest Elite ate most of my time.

Now what I found is that forums can get very dirty when there is something to gain as reputation. Hopefully a good system will be found to avoid this.

Good luck

Hey Ziggy, welcome and say hello to the Spiders from Mars for me.

Well after all this I just have to say, actually Nora, DU needs this. It needs this because Alpha Testing will require more than simply submitting ideas, it will need dedication on a daily level. If A-Team members cannot find the time to be here on forums than how will they find the time to rigorously test the game? Sorry but the DEVs have already made a mistake by picking those more interested regurgitating ideas from the net than finding dedicated consistent testers. So I leave it to you - I can see the direction already being taken and I have to say I am not impressed. But I do wish you all success and hope DU brings about the badly needed gameplay space faring pilots long for. 

And maybe you are a bit quick to judge, without taking all elements into account:

- Alpha Testing is still far away (more than 6 months): though you may be right that daily investment will be very valuable when the time will come, this is extremely unfriendly to despise those who have not necessarily the same amount of available time. All time invested to help is appreciated.

- Being present on a daily basis on the forum can be totally unrelated to daily investement to test the game. We already know a few people who are not particularly found to participate on a forum and who have participated to alpha testing on other game on a daily basis. We also saw the opposite situation: people very active on forums and not much when it comes to alpha testing. We don't say that it will be the case with Nora, just stating past experiences that explains why post count is not everything (far from it) that should be taken into account for Alpha testing.

- The first wave of the Alpha team has been made in December last year, when we were still under the radar, when we haven't shown any screenshot or any video. And despite that, they took the initiative to participate, they invested time by their trust in the project without proof from our side about the project advancement beside artworks, game design documents and ideas to discuss (some of which were quite original and not something necessarily already used in another game). Would you say this is not worthy of being part of the Alpha team?

Granted, our selection system is not perfect and we are working on it.

They are a few members from the Alpha team that are not active anymore: At the time they entered the Alpha team, they were active (and maybe they will be again once the Alpha stage will approach). From there, it was impossible to foresee who would stay active on the long run and who wouldn't. But we learn from our errors and this give us an additional reason to be even more selective in our next wave: being active on a short period is one thing, but Alpha testing is not a sprint, it's a long-distant race. And for that, seeing who keeps his/her motivation to participate, nothing is better to see how it evolves over months. We don't look blindly at some stats.

Relying just on daily forum posting (more or less what you're suggesting)  to select Alpha members would be far worse than our current system.

The final point is: Nowhere it was said Nora won't be part of the Alpha team at some point, just that daily posting isn't automatically a free pass for integrating Alpha team. If it was, it would incitate to unhealthy behaviours (spam, multiposting, among others)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I can't wait to see people's feedback from the initial wave of alpha testing! I am pretty envious!  :D

We are probably a long way off from that, and that being the case, I'm sure the list will change over time.  The initial people are I am sure just the beginning--it was quite awhile ago when that the first announcement was made and not a great deal has changed since then.    Even so, I am looking forward to working with their voxel engine.  I spent a great deal of time in with the Landmark engine and people discovered incredible things to do with it--and it does not have near the capabilities that the Dev's have spoken about for their engine.

I think we will end up discovering some interesting things, or bringing the servers to their knees, or some combination thereof starting out   LOL.   At the very least I am sure there will be moments when the dev's will look at something and go, "How the @#%& did they do that?

We are probably a long way off from that, and that being the case, I'm sure the list will change over time.  The initial people are I am sure just the beginning--it was quite awhile ago when that the first announcement was made and not a great deal has changed since then.    Even so, I am looking forward to working with their voxel engine.  I spent a great deal of time in with the Landmark engine and people discovered incredible things to do with it--and it does not have near the capabilities that the Dev's have spoken about for their engine.

I think we will end up discovering some interesting things, or bringing the servers to their knees, or some combination thereof starting out   LOL.   At the very least I am sure there will be moments when the dev's will look at something and go, "How the @#%& did they do that?

I only wish I had discovered this game much earlier! haha

I might as well comment as I've been directly mentioned a couple times now, but I have no internet so forced to phone post, apologies if this comes out wrong

I'm not bothered by the alpha team one bit, yes it would be nice if offered as I could offer additional feedback above just forum posts eventually, but I post because I want to help DU/NQ, not because of some reward I could get out of it, doing it purely for reward is silly.

Besides I'll be offering my soul to the kickstarter project either way anyway, in or out the alpha team so in the long run it probably won't matter what happens.

There are multiple new posters a day that I could offer some extra assistance to, so I'm just going to continue as I am, the alpha team is not the reason, helping DU and the community is.

Of course I have no internet right now so I may be delayed on that front :)

Nora,

P.s. This whole post was simply because id been mentioned directly a couple times and I though I should put my own personal opinion towards things related.

If you want to know more or want to ask me something just PM me, I'll help as much as I can :)