NQ-Nyzaltar

Members selected for the Alpha Team Vanguard

This is the most amazing game i have found, how can i be more involved in the community for this game to hopefully get selected later on in the next alpha selection?

It's quite simple: 

Participate to the forum, give feedback about what is already announced regarding the game mechanics, post suggestions... etc :)

In short, help us to make the game better, and you will have a good chance to be selected in the Alpha Team.

There is no "automatic" way to be selected in the Alpha Team right now.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Wow this is an old thread I have not seen before...

Nice to know more about where the alpha team came from but not sure if your 'bump' was justified though..

ow here is the answer I was looking for.
sure hope to be in the 2016 selection.
why ? not so much cos for what happens on the forum.
more so cos I like testing collision detection and bug hunting.
wile working together to recreate situations that trigger events.
this can be tedious but mostly fun.

ow here is the answer I was looking for.

sure hope to be in the 2016 selection.

why ? not so much cos for what happens on the forum.

more so cos I like testing collision detection and bug hunting.

wile working together to recreate situations that trigger events.

this can be tedious but mostly fun.

I nominate you for Alpha, not just because you are my lord and Savior, but you also should be the captain of the flying spaghetti ship mentioned in the dev blogs when someone finally makes it.

To be honest, I am surprised Nora isn't on the A-Team. Pretty dedicated.....I don't think I have seen a post without his/her comment. 

I think I know who's going on the next Alpha Team roster.

nora spams a lot :D but he/she wasn't member of the forum at the time when the first members were chosen. That said, just many comments won't get you in the alpha team, they do have to have some content, but i think nora has such posts too^^

omg i didnt hear about this game until last night, this is a amazing concept is the Crowdfunder campain still going on? if so where do i sign up lol? and how  do you get involved in the pre-alpha / alpha?  

Fortunately the Kickstarter hasn't been launched yet, so you can relax and breathe. The crowdfunding campaign is planned to launch at the end of 2016, and alpha is planned for early 2017. Support the game as best you can (through funding, contributing ideas, etc.) and you might be selected as one of the lucky ducks who have the honor of testing DU Alpha! :D

And welcome to the forums, Autojoe!

I like how i have a presence on the forums enough to be mentioned as i have.

I don't post to get into the alpha team (although i wouldn't mind it) i just like the idea of DU and what it could become in the future when it's launched and how much time i'm going to waste away on Alioth and the other planets in the universe. So i post because I like DU :)

Although i must admit i did have a goal of beating Astro back in the back, but i guess that ship sailed a couple hundred posts ago :).. 

@vylqun - When have i ever spammed? :o... I thought i made good posts like 99% of the time, unless i'm tired, then i just kinda post whatever crosses my mind at the time :)

nora,

Although i must admit i did have a goal of beating Astro back in the back, but i guess that ship sailed a couple hundred posts ago :).. 

The Nyzaltar ship is long gone as well.

nora spams a lot :D but he/she wasn't member of the forum at the time when the first members were chosen. That said, just many comments won't get you in the alpha team, they do have to have some content, but i think nora has such posts too^^

Agreed, nora definitely offers content. That said, I think there is a lot to be said about posters who take the time and effort to make new supporters feel welcomed and keep up the community spirit  >  a great boost given so few A-Team members now take the time to grace us with their presence. 

sigh, people are so easily offended nowadays u know what smileys are for right? :/

If you dont know, then just treat it as if i said nothing, to much offtopic isn't good.

sigh, people are so easily offended nowadays u know what smileys are for right? :/

If you dont know, then just treat it as if i said nothing, to much offtopic isn't good.

I hope that wasn't at me, I took your post as a bit of fun, hence the smilies in return :)

If it was, apologies I didn't mean to come off as offended. I'm not easily an offended person :)

But Off topic though as you say, so I'll add that I don't think people should be posting with the intent of reward, I just do it because I want to, so just try and stop me :).....

Nora,

Agreed, nora definitely offers content. That said, I think there is a lot to be said about posters who take the time and effort to make new supporters feel welcomed and keep up the community spirit  >  a great boost given so few A-Team members now take the time to grace us with their presence. 

I don't think that last comment was necessary. Some of those A-teamers are playing another voxel-based game at the moment, or generally occupied doing other things. I know some of them from said game and they are extremely creative, and supportive people, who I believe will be an asset to Dual Universe in months to come. 

Dual Universe is currently in pre-alpha. Please note the team is Alpha Team, not Pre-Alpha team. I know I can say with great enthusiasm once there is a lot more coming out about Dual Universe, and when it's playable to some degree, I'll be all over it like a rash, I know this is true for a couple of others too.

At the moment, I'm watching Dual Universe closely, and tweeting/retweeting at every opportunity, as I will continue to do.

I'm not a big speculator. I prefer to comment on what I can see, do, and experience as it becomes available. 

If you have a little patience, I imagine the Alpha Team will be expanded in due course. I really hope going forwards we'll be supportive of each other and of the devs. 

I hope that wasn't at me, I took your post as a bit of fun, hence the smilies in return :)

thats the funny thing, most times it aren't the people talked about that are offended, but rather some strangers to them like Zen001.

But i wont talk about this further as i have a rather bad opinion about people who are offended for others that are able to talk for themselves :P

Lady Astrum summed up what is going on with most of the "alpha testers" nicely. I am spending my time making designs in other games so when I get into alpha I can hit the ground running. I know many in the alpha team who are doing the same.

Dual is pretty much my dream game at this point, but there is not 500 posts worth of content about the game right now for me to be here flooding the forums for no reason.

When there is something to talk about other than speculation, then I will post. Offering ideas is noble, but pointless until we have a firm understanding of the scope of the game and how it will play out in game. I fully intend on giving my opinion on what is good, bad, needs to be implemented or taken out based on my experience as someone who has played video games for close to 40 years and as a designer.

thats the funny thing, most times it aren't the people talked about that are offended, but rather some strangers to them like Zen001.

But i wont talk about this further as i have a rather bad opinion about people who are offended for others that are able to talk for themselves :P

Well, it was pretty clear where the comment was directed, so apologies to nora if he/she felt it was towards them. As for the original poster of the comment. Personally I would rather see Alpha Testing members be active members of the community. The last thing any community needs are A-Team members who put on a good face at the beginning then disappear as soon as they get their testing position. Yes, Lady_Astrum, I am sure A-Team members are busy doing other things. And I am sure everyone else is busy doing other things, like working real jobs and making real money to support this game come kickstarter. 

Personally, I think if A-Team members really care about DU, they'll be on regularly showing support and encouraging others - because what I am seeing now is a I got mine Jack attitude. Not all A-Team members mind you; I have seen some post fairly regularly which is awesome. But if pointing this obvious lack of effort on the part of some A-Team members offends them enough to actually show up, I guess it's better than nothing. Of course I'm sure some A-Team members like vylqun would like nothing better than praise and smiley faces but my smiley faces are reserved for members who are actually here and don't troll. 

Zen, just let it go. You're going to start a flame war.

In fact everyone just stop.

If it's directed at a person or has something in it that can be misinterpreted as offensive or whatever, Just don't post it, i don't think anyone wants any flames here.

The alpha team/ alpha participants currently are selected and unselected by NQ, it is not our place or our decision to decide who is deserving or not of a alpha position.

Only NQ has that power, end of.

Currently there is no Alpha or any branch to test on, and this will hold true until early 2017, because of this, most of what we talk about the ideas etc are just... "speculations" and "ideas" until there is a game branch us Alpha members can test on, I don't see why we would have to be in here 24/7 testing.... non-existing content... Follow moi???

Besides as ya'll have stated, other A-team members are busy doing other things... In my case; College, job, family and I am also an Operational Support Team member for another MMORPG that is now 6 years old, which is currently beta testing its third expansion, but since I'm an Ops member for that MMORPG, most of my time is also spent hunting bugs to squash from the live servers...

So yes, at this moment, other things take #1 priority over Dual Uni, until there is a game branch we can test on... All we can do as Alpha members and as regular members is speculate and form ideas and opinions.

Also don't forget the golden rule, Quality over Quantity or (Quality of posts over Quantity of posts)

Cheers,

Comrademoco