NQ-Nyzaltar

Members selected for the Alpha Team Vanguard

I am curious what the policy on information flow out of ATV will be.  I got the impression those selected in previous waves were already getting some advance info... and since they weren't spreading that info around... that there was some policy against doing that.

They didn't get more infos, they just meet them in person at conventions, at their office, so a lot of stuff that they may have asked is not on video or paper, but still what they said even in those situation is not under NDA.

Hey All hope your doing well, can you send me the discord link. Thanks inadvance....short post but got to start somewhere, braking the ice from cyro I guess. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all

Hi everyone!

All the ATV members should be now set with the appropriate group/rank (Alpha Team Vanguard) under their avatar.

Please PM me if you think there is a problem with your account.

Also, an additional classic forum rank has been added (Novark Citizen) for those who have reached 100 posts or more.

We will progressively change (and add) new ranks/names more Lore-related in the coming months.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone!

All the ATV members should be now set with the appropriate group/rank (Alpha Team Vanguard) under their avatar.

Please PM me if you think there is a problem with your account.

Also, an additional classic forum rank has been added (Novark Citizen) for those who have reached 100 posts or more.

We will progressively change (and add) new ranks/names more Lore-related in the coming months.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Err...I am not a citizen, I am an alien! :P

I am a bit confused by this, so any clarification would be great. I see that a list of users on the forums have been selected to be members of the alpha team. Is this different than people who have made monetary pledges to the game that include an alpha access key?

ATV (Alpha Team) is different from Alpha Access (from pledge)

Think of the ATV team as a closed team that is used for testing thing(s) prior to public testing...

There's some other things involved but that's the water down version of the ATV

I am a bit confused by this, so any clarification would be great. I see that a list of users on the forums have been selected to be members of the alpha team. Is this different than people who have made monetary pledges to the game that include an alpha access key?

Alpha Team Vanguard (ATV) are members selected from community input, to become alpha team members and assist with testing and development. There are 100 total selected at this time, listed at the begining of this thread.

Whereas anyone with an Alpha Team status are those who have backed the game through the crowdfunding at a sufficent level for Closed Alpha access.

ATV are still members of the Alpha Team with the same goals and duties, and any differences between the two will be minimal.

They had 6 days to send out this email, JC said they would start sending out emails MID-WEEK that means Wednesday. so this email should have been done days ago not on the last day before pre-alpha.  I just want to make sure all 2,500 alpha team members have enough time to download the game client. we will only have 9 hrs to play and we want every single Second of those 9 hrs to Play the game.

Thanks

Damian Firecaster

Core Worlds Coalition

Alpha Team Member

23 minutes ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

They had 6 days to send out this email, JC said they would start sending out emails MID-WEEK that means Wednesday.

The announcement made most recent clearly indicated the download would become available today.. 

I get he excitement, but (and I am talking generally here) people should cool down and chill. I'd also make the point yet again that what we're getting access to is not Dual Universe the game. It is an early version with limited options and certainly no (full) gameplay.

My biggest concern right now is not the expected state of the game, it is the expectation of too many who will still not get this and despite NDA will start hammering DU in a negative way for no reason. The "no man's sky 2" comments from the ever present nitwits from outside our backer community are already flying and we need to be cautious not to give these trolls the fuel they seek.

7 minutes ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

Question: Did the ATV team go thru this email issue ???

We honestly couldn't tell you either way. Just sit tight, we are here to help NQ after all.

9 minutes ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

Question: Did the ATV team go thru this email issue ???

There is no email issue. Please stop working yourself up over this and creating something that is not there.

Several posts have been made what will happen and when by now.. I suggest you spend your energy reading posts instead of getting nervous for no reason. We are still many, many hours away from from the start of the first pre-Alpha session and frankly, you should expect the start to both run late and see connection issues. Anything better will be a bonus..

To be very honest, and I hope I am wrong, with the mindset and attitude you seem to have it may not be a good idea to dive right into what is quite possibly and expectedly going to be a bumpy start of this roller coaster we are getting on. NQ needs people now who are level minded, will understand things will break and are willing to feedback on that in a positive and constructive way.

PS: I know Exactly what will be in the game, I have been thru one pre-alpha game, 2 alpha games and many beta. I played EQ landmark which was a Voxel based Building game. I have watched every devblog, Media interview, aleast 2 to 4 times. I have planed out I hope well, every single sec of game test / play.

1 minute ago, Damian_Firecaster said:

PS: I know Exactly what will be in the game, I have been thru one pre-alpha game, 2 alpha games and many beta. I played EQ landmark which was a Voxel based Building game. I have watched every devblog, Media interview, aleast 2 to 4 times. I have planed out I hope well, every single sec of game test / play.

Then chill out and wait for the email ;)

Chill, if you really did all that alpha testing then you know they have plenty to do. You're not helping them when you run around screaming like a little child.

Chill, relax, you still have plenty of time