NQ-Nyzaltar

Members selected for the Alpha Team Vanguard

I once spent a whole day running to a world hole in EQ so I could get its XYZ coordinates down on paper. And did it again in planet Entopia twice. Neither were in Alpha but established games. I tend to get off the beaten track so have a talent for finding world holes. If I understand the way the voxel system works in this game I suspect I will have to find another problem to hunt for. It will be interesting to see how the server system handles me being in Australia.  

Globally, being a member of the ATV (Alpha Team Vanguard) means having an Alpha Access whether you're a backer or not.

ATV members are selected for their community activity. ATV members may have some info and some test phases a bit ahead of the rest of the community, due to their activity and their involvement.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

I've wondered before and it itches me just too much to ignore it.

I'd like to know a bit more specifically what the "community activity" you also mentioned earlier is exactly. From the way it's expressed, you would think it has to be how often you're online on the forums or how many posts you write, maybe just the amount of pms you send. At first I also thought that quality of posts and the register date might be a factor as well.

Yet a good fifth of the members of the third wave don't have more than 15 posts, a lot of them havn't even been (visibly) online for several months.

There is even one that doesn't have a single forum post and hasn't been online for half a year, but got selected in the third alpha wave.

There may be activity from these people, but I find it hard to see where the "community" activity is involved.

So I guess I misunderstand how these people are selected exactly, maybe you could give us some further insight?

I've wondered before and it itches me just too much to ignore it.

I'd like to know a bit more specifically what the "community activity" you also mentioned earlier is exactly. From the way it's expressed, you would think it has to be how often you're online on the forums or how many posts you write, maybe just the amount of pms you send. At first I also thought that quality of posts and the register date might be a factor as well.

Yet a good fifth of the members of the third wave don't have more than 15 posts, a lot of them havn't even been (visibly) online for several months.

There is even one that doesn't have a single forum post and hasn't been online for half a year, but got selected in the third alpha wave.

There may be activity from these people, but I find it hard to see where the "community" activity is involved.

So I guess I misunderstand how these people are selected exactly, maybe you could give us some further insight?

Well, if you have read the current thread, then you should have seen the detailed answer to this question on page 6 (last 10 lines of the post):

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/336-members-selected-for-the-alpha-team/page-6#entry18675

I re-post it here to make it clear:

Note: The way the new members have been selected is based on many factors (not just one).

A forum account is required to be part of the Alpha Vanguard Team.

The activity on the forum can be (and not necessarily always is) a factor. 
There are many other parameters that can impact a lot:
- Behavior and quality of the posts (welcoming new comers and reply to their questions, even obvious ones without being rude)
- Being active on the social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Spreading the news about Dual Universe
- Fan projects related to the game
- Creating a living organization, generating already content.
- Helping in managing community tasks (Exemple: Moderation on reddit, Help on the Gamepedia Wiki, etc).

To conclude on this:

If Novaquark selects a community member, there is always a reason behind it.

So don't start a witch hunt ("who is worthy or who is not to be part of the ATV") based on one or two criteria.

This would go nowhere, as Novaquark staff will remain the sole judge on that matter and we don't plan to justify our choice for each member of the ATV.

In the end, just to illustrate that, from an external eye, you can't know every factor that are taken into account: the community member selected and having 0 posts on the forum has participated to the creation of a fan-made 3D comics on Dual Universe. An involvement that may be seen as legitimate as participating regularly on the forum from the point of view of Novaquark staff.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

So back to the topic of this thread: They mentioned there being an Alpha Team dedicated forum section. Does that actually exist?

The Alpha Team dedicated forum section already exists (but it's empty for now).

It will be visible soon to all ATV members.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

[...]

If Novaquark selects a community member, there is always a reason behind it.

So don't start a witch hunt ("who is worthy or who is not to be part of the ATV") based on one or two criteria.

This would go nowhere, as Novaquark staff will remain the sole judge on that matter and we don't plan to justify our choice for each member of the ATV.

In the end, just to illustrate that, from an external eye, you can't know every factor that are taken into account: the community member selected and having 0 posts on the forum has participated to the creation of a fan-made 3D comics on Dual Universe. An involvement that may be seen as legitimate as participating regularly on the forum from the point of view of Novaquark staff.

[...]

I have never had a doubt about NQ making a sensible choice and a "witch hunt" would be the last thing I wanted to induce. Please excuse it if my post seemed provocative in that way. My intention was to learn more about the criteria for the selections you made.

As for the quote you sent, I have read it but it seems I misinterpreted it as I thought the emphasis would be on "activity" in "activity on the forums" instead of an emphasis on forums as one of different factors. 

But you cleared up my misunderstanding, the case you described for me is a great example to illustrate the kind of dedication you're looking for. 

Also, another thanks for the very quick reply.

NQ,

I had a quick question about the Alpha. Will we be able to stream/post to youtube gameplay of us testing Alpha when it releases? I know you guys have been keeping everything under a roof and seems that you may want the alpha gameplay will also under a roof so I just want to be sure

The Alpha Team dedicated forum section already exists (but it's empty for now).

It will be visible soon to all ATV members.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Ah okay. Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply Nyzaltar!

NQ,

I had a quick question about the Alpha. Will we be able to stream/post to youtube gameplay of us testing Alpha when it releases? I know you guys have been keeping everything under a roof and seems that you may want the alpha gameplay will also under a roof so I just want to be sure

I would love that too! Based on the fact that they haven't mentioned an NDA yet, it seems like there won't be one, but there may be! I hope we are able to stream at least in the regular Alpha, to raise interest in the game. EDIT: It would make sense though if they don't very early versions of the game to be streamed. There may be a number of glitches and no one wants that to be the public face of DU.

Ah okay. Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply Nyzaltar!

I would love that too! Based on the fact that they haven't mentioned an NDA yet, it seems like there won't be one, but there may be! I hope we are able to stream at least in the regular Alpha, to raise interest in the game. EDIT: It would make sense though if they don't very early versions of the game to be streamed. There may be a number of glitches and no one wants that to be the public face of DU.

There is an unofficial NDA for ATV members during their early access

Wow! Thank you so much to the NQ staff, this is truly an honor!

I was looking forward to Alpha already since my brother is an Alpha Founder. I was just planning on watching over his shoulder, but now we can test together! It is gonna be awesome!

Congratulations to all the other Third Wave members as well, many of whom I recognize!

It mostly means that we're the most fabolous alpha players, and we get to participate to "Miss/Mister Dual Universe 2017" :wub: . Other than that, it's what Twerk said

Wait... does that mean we have to look at you all in Bikinis? :o

No.... I was wondering if there was a game mechanic for replacing burned retinas..... :blink:

That would fall under implants, those are yet to be confirmed. I think.????

Don't forget folks, if you're on the Alpha Team (Alpha Team Vanguard) and you have not join the private ATV discord, send Khaymann, Shadow or me a message through here so we can give you access to the discord and join us!

Cheers,

Comrademoco

Oh, wow.  Didn't realize there was such a thing.  Is this a personal discord account or an official NQ account?

Oh, wow.  Didn't realize there was such a thing.  Is this a personal discord account or an official NQ account?

personal discord for ATV... but since its private for ATV members ONLY you can say its an official discord for ATV :)

It is personal but we have almost 40 ATV members, and as always the devs are more than welcome to join! Just let me know if you want a link.

I am curious what the policy on information flow out of ATV will be.  I got the impression those selected in previous waves were already getting some advance info... and since they weren't spreading that info around... that there was some policy against doing that.

I haven't streamed much... when I have, I streamed Rocket Launches.  Like SpaceX... But I've got everything set up to stream so if there is an open info policy I might just stream a bunch.  Then again... There isn't much point to giving us advance info... and not just giving that info to everyone at the same time... if we can spread that info as soon as we get it.

I'm expecting there to be some sort of formal... or informal NDA like agreement.  It just makes sense to me... that if they want to try out some of their press releases on us before sending them out to the general populace... and then they can be edited for clarity or other such things... that they wouldn't want those things released by us before they've made their adjustments.