Website mistakes

Slaxx

i've found some errors on the website. as example there are some typing errors in the FAQ and dev blog, but what is more important is that at every tab on the site, you can scroll down and you will see the same text multiple times.

PS; where is the pro-gen forest that astrophil mentioned in his "video?" thread? i was unable to find it on twitter.

PPS; the music maxime ferrieu makes is really beautiful! keep it up! :)

edit: the repeating descriptions bug seems to be fixed now.

scientifically

sh... looks awesome!

however i want to add that alien worlds have alien fauna aswell. maybe novaquark should add whole new fauna to their procedually-generator to make it a bit more realistic of you get my drift haha :)

scientifically speaking, if the life is based on carbon and circles around a G-star (which it should be if the planet is intended as human colony) then most life there wouldn't differ very much from earth's life, at least on the macroscopic scale, because many structures and forms are required for a certain environment to live in or are caused by basic means of energy conservation. That doesnt mean they all look alike, but most organisms would be quite similar to the ones on earth.

Hi everyone!

@TheSlaxx:

About the typing errors in the FAQ and Dev blog, could you point me where you found them?

That would be really a huge help. I will correct this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance! :)

@All: 

About the forest screenshot:

As said in another thread, this is what we aim for as the graphics quality goal to reach, as it is technically possible.

But keep in mind that we might have to lower a bit graphics to make the game playable, with a decent FPS, especially for VR.

Voxel-made planets and landscape procedurally generated on a large scale (the forest example was procedurally generated on a small scale) are already two factors that impact significantly on the FPS. We might prioritize FPS over ultimate graphics. But that doesn't mean we drop the ball: we will do our best to have a smooth FPS experience and good graphics! 

@TheSlaxx & Vylqun:

If we got a forest for now, it's just because this is one the basic biome you can encounter and easily reproduce (along with desert and polar biomes) as we already have examples on Earth. However, it is also planned to have more alien-like biomes ;)

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

@Nyzaltar firstup in the backstory tab there is a part that says "swallow an entire planet system" it would be if correct "an entire planetary system"

right after that you should put "United Nations" with an s.

then you should remove the dash off "waking-up" and also write "hammered itself INTO the ground"

So there will be only ?First Person? view available in Dual Universe?

you should put "thus it is absolutely neccessary to have"

Will you develop Apps for the game? Will you allow players to make their own Apps?

you should write "but we will keep the accessibility regarding potential apps in mind."

Who are you?

you wrote "developping" and still says you are 20 people, too. (you are 16 now right? or is it the other way round?)

What about those who like to produce and trade, but have no interest in PvP?

you have to write "it will quickly become obvious" and not "it will become quickly obvious"

There are also people who want to build things, beautiful buildings and ships, without being interrupted by sudden PvP action?

you should remove the first questionmark.

it doesnt sound good.

There are also people who want to build things, beautiful buildings and ships, without being interrupted by sudden PvP action? Will they have a safe place too?

We are perfectly aware that players designing new ships and/or a new buildings don?t want to beshot by another player in the middle of their work.

remove the s from buildings and "be shot" should have a space.

Okay. Then where will be this secure area?

should be "where will this secure area be?"

But shall we be able to build, design and produce outside this secure area?

should be "but WILL we be able"

What about players having a bad behavior?

would sound better if you wrote "what about rogue players?"

and also "non-Sandbox games.To preserve" is missing a space and sandbox should be small because you cant write big letters if you connect it with a dash.

Will you punish scams?

"as much as space pirate's existence,"

"(so only in game currency)" would be better as "which means only in-game currency"

"In other words, this will be up to the player" would be better as "IT will be up to the player"

"(we are also going to build an in-game reputation system)." replace the "an" with "a"

"Another way to dramatically reduce the chance of scamming:" would sound better as "Another way to dramatically reduce the chance of scamming would be to only trust friends you know in real life!"

What do you plan to do about "Trash talk"?

"here's our position: a real sandbox, by his very nature" should be "by ITS very nature"

"(or less young) adults.However," is missing a space

"We want to give more freedom," would be better as "we would like to provide freedom without it resulting in legitimate real life bad behavior"

Okay, but there are also players wanting to help the game without having the money to support it. What about them?

"we can't promise that at the moment." would sound better as "we can't promise that at this moment."

Moving on to the dev blog

LUA Script and Distributed Processing Units

"most critical and distinguishing feature of Dual:" add an s to "feature"

"interested in the topic will find it entertaining." replace entertaining with "useful"

"remember an important point:" remember THIS important point"

"depends on your playing style," depends on your PLAY style

"won?t be disappointed by the deepness" replace deepness with complexity or "amount of detail" there is a word that has the precise meaning you intended to tell here but i cant remember that now.

"constitutes a construct, which is a whole that can be moved" should be "which is a single entity"

"but this is another story we will discuss" but THAT is another story

"monster robot or whatnot." AND whatnot

"The schema below illustrate this:" it's "illustrates"

"Events handlers are conceptually quite simple:" event handlers

"The schema below illustrate this point:" add an s again

"in which you can plug Elements." Elements INTO

"You almost always want to plug the System DPU," it should be "You almost allways want to have the System DPU plugged in,"

"You know enough now to script a simple spaceship controller." you now know enaugh to

"You need to put a least one Control Unit in the ship," you'll need to have at least one Control Unit in the ship

"You need also to plug a gyro" you also need to

"This above custom made Control Unit DPU" should be "The Control Unit DPU we've just created"

"You can move this black box in what we call a Component DPU," add to what we

"Stabilizer" can plug it in their own" can plug it INTO their

"and then connect these Elements in the Component slots," Elements TO the Component

this is as far as i can go. it's quite a bit much to read thru all of the blog posts.

i have some questions; will you have the option to design own items with a designer tool?

and can you design own vehicles too with a designer tool?

and another one, how do you plan to get enaugh players to have enaugh to colonize worlds?

i mean if you are only 4 guys you only need 4 buildings on the planet you own. and i dont think there will be enaugh players that each empire has more than 1000 players, giving colonization actually a point.

also how will your servers handle all these players?

and where will the servers be located at?

if they are in europe, players from the US will have high latencies.

my friend has a question too.

will we be able to create self-constructing and self replicating machines?

@TheSlaxx:

Thanks for pointing all these typo/errors

As we are planning a new version of the website, all the corrections will be implemented in this new version :)

Thanks again for the help!

@Silvligh:

About procedurally generated flora, just to be 100% clear:

It's the way flora is spread on a planet surface that is procedurally generated.

The flora species aren't procedurally created (though we might think about that in a distant future, but it's not on the roadmap for the time being).

I hope there wasn't any misunderstanding here.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you for the clarification Nyzaltar.

Procedural flora species? I didn't think of that. Glad I at least made you guys think about it.

But procedural flora locations! YAY

You guys keep moving forward and We'll all be here with you!

(Movie-worthy marching scene with devs at front with all of us behind you)

• 3 weeks later...