[Shadow] Good afternoon adventurers

Shadow

Good afternoon adventurers,

I answer to many pseudonyms, but here you can call me Shadow  :ph34r:.
I like playing RPG, strategic and sandbox games. My favorites are Space Engineers, EvE Online, Baldur's Gate and a lot more.

In day to day life, I'm a french pentester (IT security) and developer during my free time.
Someday, I also decided to write a novel which I'm still working on (don't ask me where I find the time to do it, I don't know myself, but I clearly don't have enough of it).

Like what seems to be a lot of people these days, I feel a lack of gameplay and innovation in current games.
While searching (deeply) for a good sci-fi multiplayer game, I found Dual Universe which looks like very ambitious, but also very promising.

It's also an old gamer's dream for me too and I especially like the ideas to explore the universe, gather resources, PvP with ships I've created myself or create AIs.

I think that the only way to create a good game is by using all realist (and good !) ideas from everywhere, be it "copying" other game mechanics or listening to players.
Thus, I will probably make a lot of comments or critics based on my experience and my imagination. I always try to be constructive, but my imagination can get carried away sometimes. So do not hesitate to say "stop" :) .

As we say in EvE, Fly Safe.

Regards,
Shadow

- Colonist M0099, logbook entry 001 -

I woke up from cryogenic sleep while the Arkship was landing on the planet. Actually, the term "crashing" would be more exact. As you can guess, awakening went brutal.
Fortunately, my body wasn't smashed to pieces.

After railing against the AI and her creator - who had thought that waking up someone in the middle of a crash would be a good idea? -, I began to listen to her instructions and slowly stood up from my hibernacle.

Having beta-tested the nanoformer and associated nanostorage, I had no need to run the AI simulation. Thankfully, I had not forgotten that part of my memory. "It's like bycicle, you never forget how to use it" said the engineers. Well, they were true, except that I didn't recall any blueprint outside of basic shapes. Whatever, it was no big deal.

I had a precise idea of what I wanted to do: build a versatile ship and go out explore our new galaxy.
I had no idea where I was. I cannot recognize any constellation in the sky. The AI wasn't either. While some were affraid of this idea, I was pleased to have a challenge to measure to. It was the opportunity to forge our own path, our own new civilization... and, why not? forge a name that may be remembered for ages.

But currently, I didn't feel like aa hero... My body was incredibly weak and and frail, my thoughts were so slow, and my memory was shredded.
But, at least, I was able to stand up and walk a bit without help. I was moving myself with caution. The Arkship didn't land perfectly vertical so the ground was not really horizontal.
Eventually, I got to my suit.

I struggled for nearly half an hour. But finally, I activated the main systems and locked my helmet.
Exhausted, I stood there a few minutes while my personal AI - I named it "Mia" - was checking every system.
Even after ten thousand years, there were still all operational. I don't know who designed them, but anyway, good job guys.

Like in a dream, I opened the Arkship airlock, got shocked bu the environment beauty and strangeness, eventually went out, and began writing my story.

Always happy to meet another writer! One day I'll finish my book, one page at a time. :D

Not much is going on around here as I am sure you've gathered by now. Early next year is when Novaquark intend to start getting the ball rolling for Dual Universe, in the mean time, enjoy your stay!

- Lego

Welcome! Please settle in and enjoy the ride. Keep all hands, feet, and other body parts inside the forum at all times, and do not hesitate to present any ideas which may occur throughout the duration of the ride. Enjoy your stay at the Dual Universe forums!

Hi and welcome again!

Hmmm...

- Loves Building Blocks games: checked.

- Loves Internet Spaceships: checked.

- Loves RolePlaying Games: checked.

- Loves to write Roleplay Texts: checked.

Well, it seems your centers of interest are exactly what Dual Universe is aiming for :D

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you all for the welcoming.

Always happy to meet another writer!

... and another EvE player it seems  :) (I read a bit of your blog).

Well, it seems your centers of interest are exactly what Dual Universe is aiming for :D

Well... the quest was hard, but I've found it ! Now, it's time to be patient... at least, I have my nickname reserved  :) (which is a miracle in itself)

... and we probably forgot... "likes to destroy things" too  :P.

Welcome! Please settle in and enjoy the ride. Keep all hands, feet, and other body parts inside the forum at all times, and do not hesitate to present any ideas which may occur throughout the duration of the ride. Enjoy your stay at the Dual Universe forums!

Yes sir !

Regards,

Shadow