Alioth

Astrophil

I've been terribly lax in keeping up with DU's Twitter feed but I saw the Alioth city and it is just gorgeoussss. It provides a really nice contrast to what I imagine will be the atmosphere of space gameplay. The use of warmer and more neutral colors (brown, orange, yellow, etc.) is a nice break from the mechanical and sterile aesthetic environment of space, which I would think to be more of a blue/black/grey color scheme.

Speaking of Alioth, where did the name come from? According to Wikipedia, apparently from the Arabic word for a fat sheep tail. But the name for this particular planet in DU. It may have been buried somewhere in a past devblog or lore entry; I apologize if this is the case. And if Alioth were to be a modifier or were to describe an inhabitant of the planet, what form would it take? 

Maybe (I have no idea how to pronounce half of these):

Aliothan

Aliothian

Alioth

Ali

Aliothin

Oh lookie. Upon further research, I have discovered Alioth to be a significant location in Elite: Dangerous, namely, the capital of the Alliance. Another great game, if I may say so myself. Horizons hype!

• 8 months later...