[Poll] Names for Nanopack & Nanoformer

NQ-Nyzaltar

Names for Nanopack & Nanoformer  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer ?

• New names (Kadpak & Morpher) are badass. Don't change anything!
    • Preference for previous names, simple and clear.
    • Neither. Would it be possible to suggest other names?

With the 4th part of the short story written by Alain Damasio, new names for the Nanopack (Kadpak) and the Nanoformer (Morpher) have been revealed.

We wanted to have your opinion on the matter.

Do you like the new names? The previous ones? Or different names?

Don't hesitate to participate to the poll mentioned above!

With the 4th part of the short story written by Alain Damasio, new names for the Nanopack (Kadpak) and the Nanoformer (Morpher) have been revealed.

We wanted to have your opinion on the matter.

Do you like the new names? The previous ones? Or different names?

Don't hesitate to participate to the poll mentioned above!

I actually like both sets of names so it's hard for me to pick lol. Maybe there could be 2 different Tiers of the gear using those names? For example:

Say Tier 1 could be Basic Level/Equipment and they would be Kadpak and Morpher. The Kadpak can only hold so much weight since it would be a basic Tier 1 gear/pack. The Morpher would be your Basic Tier 1 building tool/harvesting tool. It's stats perhaps for resource gathering would be simple and enough to harvest things. Then Tier 2 could be a upgraded version of them and they would be called the Nanopack and the Nanoformer. The Nanopack could carry even more weight and is more durable and the Nanoformer could harvest more resources better than the Morpher and would have a better chance of finding/harvesting more rare resources while also having the building functions as well. Maybe the the Nanoformer could have more advanced building tools with it in which the Morpher would not have. But anyways lol, this is just an idea :)

Not sure about the terminology of a "canon" to spew out the build personally. Terms that sound more like "construct" may be better. Materials are being assembled into usable items.

The third part of the landing story did start to sound a bit Minecraft orientated eh ;-)

Kadpack and Morpher sound pretty cool, but my preference has always been for simple, descriptive names. My buildings are named room 1, 2, 3, my machines would be something like Drone 1 and 2. The only real name that I'll give something will be my settlement/fortress and my ship (the S.S. Reimu)

I'm inclined to like the previous version of the names more so than the new ones. Morpher just sounds too out of place for me really. However, Kadpak is pretty ok in my book.

- Lego

I would like to suggest the name 'Transmuter' for the morpher. I like Kadpaq.

I will say, although I voted for neither, I do like 'Nanoformer' quite a bit.

Nanoformer and Nanopack

Nanoformer and Kadpack

Morpher and Kadpack

Morpher and Nanopack

Transmuter and Nanopack

Transmuter and Kadpack

Imo Nanoformer and Kadpack rolls off the tongue the best. The Nanoformer is descriptive of its function through 'former' as in forming, and Kadpack is descriptive of its function through 'pack' but does not get tongue tied like saying nanoformer and nanopack.

I just like the word Transmuter because 'Transmute' is what the Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets, G-Force) used to transform...as a kid (well and now) I just thought it was the coolest sounding word.

like the previous ones Nanopack and Nanoformer...

But im also torn to suggest some other names...

Been thinking this past few days on some other good names that could be used for the tools, based on the description Mr. Bailie gave us on the Alpha Gameplay devblog

You come equipped with a very powerful and central tool, rigged right into your arm: the nanoformer. This tool uses incredibly sophisticated nanotechnology to allow you two things: to collect materials and store them in a nanopack (think of it as a super backpack, with space and gravitational compression capabilities),

Nanopack = Gravitational Compressor Unit (GCU for short).

Nanoformer = Molecular Compressor Canon (MCC for short).

Just some names I thought up. Coming up with simple names does prove to be a challenge...

If I think of anymore, I'll edit my post.

• 2 weeks later...

like the previous ones Nanopack and Nanoformer...

But im also torn to suggest some other names...

Been thinking this past few days on some other good names that could be used for the tools, based on the description Mr. Bailie gave us on the Alpha Gameplay devblog

Nanopack = Gravitational Compressor Unit (GCU for short).

Nanoformer = Molecular Compressor Canon (MCC for short).

Just some names I thought up. Coming up with simple names does prove to be a challenge...

If I think of anymore, I'll edit my post.

I dig it.

+1

• 8 months later...

I have a problem with the whole 'nano' bit, its nice an technological sounding and all that, it feels too technological sounding.. 

I don't know if i'm describing this correctly..

A Drill.. is called a Drill.

A Car.. is called a Car.

A Shovel is a shovel.

Maybe just have it called a 'Pack' and a 'Former'... or a variation of a single word for each, i just feel prefixing it with something gives it a sound that's too nice, and doesn't fit with me.. Maybe that's just my mind though...

Some which i just thought of while writing this..

Manipulator, Carry All, Bag, Extractor, Excavator, Reducer, Compressor, Void-bag/Sack/Hold/Store... 

I like Excavator... Probably because I was a R&D Design Engineer helping make them and and the attachments that went with them :)

EDIT:.. Just noticed the date on the last post... My apologies for the very late bump, Little sleepy here and wasn't watching correctly ><

• 2 weeks later...