Scrub Stargate and Transportation questions.

Dreamstar

In another thread this was suggested by NovaQuark
- FTL Travel will be the hard and slow way to explore other solar systems. It will be difficult because complex logistics will be needed to make the travel worth it. In fact, we expect FTL Travel to be most likely used to go to an adjacent unexplored solar system, and build a Stargate...

So this makes me question, out of fear, because in EVE of the two things that bother me most.

1.) Movement controls are not intuitive and done almost entirely with most clicks and very tiny and thin menus that you have to precisely navigate.

2.) jumping hundreds of times all over the place, causing cpu and gpu to load and load and load Zones.

If players are going to be laying out Stargate networks. Will it be possible to create gates that traverse large amounts of space and not just system to system.

If each number is a system. Can I make a gate from say System 1 to system 8. or do i have to make Six worthless jumps to arrive at the destination system.

Also, I have been holding onto this idea for a while, would it be possible for Guilds to create a public transit network?

By any means, Im sure this wont be valid but my idea was That guilds could be allowed to create special transport ships at space-stations, a ship commanded by a NPC-Drone, and the NPC being given some specific input requirements, or custom designed tags or.. something.

Home Destination, Target Destination, Waiting Time before departing, Boarding Fee.

Also, I have been holding onto this idea for a while, would it be possible for Guilds to create a public transit network?

with all that was said so far, people can build their own stargates (with the support of a guild or whoever) and tag other players as "able to use" thusmaking it a private/public transportation network. Same goes for self-built ships, if you have a space station with a secured docking door you could give certain people the tag "able to use" for the door, leaving everyone else outside.

hmm I mis-represented the notion.

In other games you know how you can take a shuttle, or a flight path, or even just teleport from one place to another for some modest fee. and you pay the fee to an NPC in order for the privilege to move form a place to another place without walking there in a means to save time.

The concept if players will have control over such a system, namely I imagine guilds or.. town mayors / politicians having access to a skill or something that allows for the creation or designation of a transportation network. or even say linking into a neutral galactic transport network.

either way works for me though,

players having to create buildings and ships to operate their public transport and dictate where and when they go, by means of tags / drones / special modules etc.

or

a network existing in the universe already, and upon unlocking a skill or meeting certain requirements you have the ability to tag a building / ship / or place a special module made by the devs. that links up with a universal transport network.

I accept that the entire idea might be shot down, just because it adds a level of automation that could potentially be exploited in ways that im not seeing right now, however in defence of the idea of automation, if its a common part of the universe illegal RMT becomes less valuable and the legal Susbcription-Time Shares value goes up.

Also, I really am curious about stargates versus FTL, and jumping system to system or being able to create more powerful stargates that can move you many systems at once. Is it really necessary to make people spend alot of time just moving around doing meaningless things in order to open up the possibility of a possibility that players will want to gate camp and prey on people that are already irritated by needing to make 83 stargate jumps to transport some bananas and used medical supplies?

they will add a simplified coding language into the game for players to automate some parts of ships etc. maybe it'll be complex enough to allow the coding of simple routes and automated transports. Thats speculation tho. As for defense against enemmies, maybe automated defense drones?^^