Movement

Mechanics of moving!

What mysterious methods of propulsion has NovaQuark in mind for this beautiful beast? Would one be correct to assume that only basic motor functions (walking, jumping, running) would be possible for players upon coming out of extended cryosleep? Or would the recovery process be sped up by marvelous technological means of the distant future, thus allowing for advanced movement (next-gen movement, if you will) in gameplay? Take the space ninjas of Warframe, for example:

What a beauty.

5s9QY0g.jpg

(Great game btw. Try it out, add me ingame if you wish [ProfessorPufferfloob])

Any other thoughts, you are at complete liberty to share.

Hrmmm that's a good question astrophil. Probably when a player starts fresh from the cryosleep the basic movements options are what you said; walking, running and jumping.

But since this is DU I'd imagine there is nothing from stopping a player from buildings hulkbuster suits or an iron man type suit... If the technology allows for it, that is... That makes me want to make an ironman replica suit when we are able to test DU... XD

Oh and there is also the possibility of the Jaegers? The giant armor suits from Pacific rim.

Apart from that , didn't novaquark post a concept art of a blade engine for hovering vehicles?

On the side note been wanting to play warframe for so long... It's literally sitting on my steam library ready to download, but I can never get myself to do so... No clue why...:/

Hi Astrophil and Comrademoco,

For the time being, nothing more than the basic motor functions are planned for the player characters, meaning walking, running, or jumping.

There might be other possibilities in the long run, but even though, a lot of features will have a higher priority. Even if the space ninjas from Warframe are cool, this is not really the kind of gameplay we envision for Dual Universe: we're currently focusing on the building and strategic aspects of the game.

You will be able to do "iron man" gameplay to some extent as Jetpack is something planned for the character equipment at some point. However don't expect it to have the same manoeuvrability.

For jaegers, yes, nothing should prevent you to build some giant battlemech in voxels. But it probably won't be easy ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

@Comrademoco

I inquired some time ago as to the possibilities of mechs, mobile suits, and such, and Nyzaltar linked me to a page with the concept art of moving parts, hinges, that sort of thing. While I didn't see anything specifically for a giant robot, I'm sure that between the two of us, we can figure something out.

My post-

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/287-joints/

The concept art-

https://www.facebook.com/dualuniverse/photos/a.303621166476929.1073741829.247958025376577/390050587833986/?type=1&theater

• 2 months later...