NQ-Nyzaltar

DevBlog - Rights & Duty Management System (RDMS)

On 5/25/2015 at 11:28 AM, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi Astrov,

For those who will feel a bit lost with the Tag possibilities, there will be generic default tag configurations.

A player that don't want to dive in these game mechanics won't be forced to do so, in order to stay user-friendly.

But yes, the tag system will go further than the RDMS. For example, it will be possible to set some automatized defense systems to shoot at intruders, based on the tags they have (or don't have). It will also be possible to customize visual markers (based on tags) on players you meet in-game. And this will be only visible to the player who put the visual marker, of course. Welcome to Augmented Reality (and lots of opportunities for emergent gameplay).  :)

Although i am no fan of reposting old items, the devlogs are in my vision not outdated unless NQ states so, therefore i have a question:

Is this system still in place for development? and how about the automatized defense that is writen about here?

The reason for asking is because we are setting up pre-security plans for the City and being able to use this system will make a big difference on the number of people who are needed to have a 24/7 defence grid operational.

Also it answers some questions i have seen lately in several different forum posts.

This seems like a bureaucratic nightmare and tedious, but I do like the amount of control for inside a organization.  But I believe there needs to be a simpler method on managing standings of other players/organizations. It seems too easy to dodge tags set on players and the meta gaming is going to get stupid.

20 hours ago, plmkoi said:

But I believe there needs to be a simpler method on managing standings of other players/organizations

RDMS is mainly about YOUR org and YOUR roles in your org. Not about managing standings/relations to others

On 6/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, Aaron Cain said:

Is this system still in place for development? and how about the automatized defense that is writen about here?

Unless NQ says otherwise, we have to assume that design concepts (even those in old blogs) remain valid for implementation.

Automated defense systems for bases have been suggested by NQ on several occasions, but little to no details were ever given. Until NQ says more, we have to assume that they will be in the game in some form...