Hello from Comrademoco

Hello Everyone,

Comrademoco here, just wanted to stop-by and introduce myself, give a little background on who I am, maybe about my gaming community/guild and how I came across Dual Universe, might be a long intro... lol sorry! :P

About Me

My gaming life started around when I was about 6 or somewhere around there, back when the PS2 was the thing and GTA: San Andreas was the thing as well. From there on, my gaming life grew and grew, until the point where I found myself gaming, not only in my PS2 but in an old Computer. Couple years later I moved into creating my own Personal Gaming Computer, which I've grown to love and care for, and after 3 years of using it, it still works like a charm!!!

Now I got into many mmos, under different names and what not. Soon I realized that I needed my own gaming name, and thus, the gaming tag "Comrademoco" came about. Years have passed and I still run about that name.

Now I play several, not a lot, but several MMO's like; STO, SWTOR, LoL, War Thunder, EvE Online amongst others, but this also includes single non-mmo games like Civilization and Rome Total War.

~Information no longer relevant ~

My Gaming Community

I am a big player of STO, this led me to create a fleet with-in the universe of players like me, who shared the goal of; "Having fun in a safe gaming environment" During the years there, such fleet grew and grew to the point of becoming a large and possibly one of the Primary fleets within STO... however, this did not satisfy the part of the goal "gaming environment" thus leading me to the foundation of "Borg Defiants Gaming" an international gaming community that currently spands between several games, and is currently looking to expand to more games... I currently serve as the Content Manager and Community Manager for all communities under "Borg Defiants Gaming"

~Information no longer relevant ~

Dual Universe

I came across Dual Universe, when I was in the mists of getting bored with some of the games I play, at that time it was "STO" that I was playing... I just totally got bored, and decided to look for games that met this criteria:

1. Space

2. TRUE exploration

3. TRUE sandbox/single shard

4. Ability to create own ships

With those goals in mind, I set for a course to the never ending land of.... Google.... Hehe :) and after a few hours, I came across a list of some "Top 10 upcoming space MMOs" I clicked on the link, and I read on the author's ramblings, sorting through the games, non of which appealed to me what so ever, but alas, I came across number 10.... Dual Universe. I read the info on the game, and its drew my attention. (To which this day I don't understand why it was number 10) And so I came to the website. Long story short... I read every... single... blog the devs have put up, and every single area of the website, this.... led me to, as one of my comments in one of the blogs... "Drool" over the game...

Overall I look forward to the games development and full launch and hope I can become part of it, via supporting it and playing it!!!

Feel free to friend me here, or follow me on twitter: @Comrademoco

See you around!

We're both similar! I've found Dual Universe using the search terms sandbox,space, mmo etc. it immediately caught my attention. I've also been a gamer for years, games like GTA were interesting because it felt like I could go explore and do anything. Dual Universe promises that and more, it's exciting to think about.

I'm a bit older than you guys. I was about 5 when I started gaming and it was on an Amstrad CPC 464 with a green screen monitor and tape deck with 5-20 minute loading times. I was at uni when GTA 3 and the others came out - awesome games especially San Andreas. Then again I've got an older friend whose first gaming experiences involved having to copy, i.e. type the program from a book or magazine before getting to play...

All good, I must predate you a bit having has a PS1 as well as PS2 and PS3 but now prefer PC to moving on to PS4.

I am a Gran Turismo fanatic on PS*... spending a bit too long on that according to my partner :-) But, hey, you just HAVE to have 1966 Gulf colours Ford GT40 eh?

Hi everyone, 

Welcome to the Dual Universe forum.

It's seems you're all veteran gamers here!

About the current ranking of Dual Universe, I think there is a simple explanation:

We haven't yet any visual to show. And even if this is only one part of the game (and not necessarily the most important, in our opinion), this is today "must have" to rise in any game ranking. But we should have some visuals to show you in a near future ;)