Beta

So I hear a lot about this Alpha and significantly less about a Beta. This is understandable since, after all the Alpha is roughly a year away. I am very interested in how to get in this Alpha however, this seems like a shareholder/donator thing. So, finally reaching my point; how can I join the Beta? Undoubtedly, unless something happens if there is an open Beta I will join it. I would be interested to hear about your plans for the Beta and also, if it is closed how to get in. Any information besides what has already been said in the Dev Log would be helpful.

Hi ReadyForTheGame,

Well, as Beta won't be before end of 2016... it's a bit too soon to give details on it.

What is clear for now:

- Alpha will be indeed mostly for backers/supporters/founders, helping us in a crowdfunding campaign.

But it might be also possible to get access for very active community helpers. We haven't decided yet the prerequisites, nor even confirm it will indeed be possible. But we will keep you informed as the situation evolve.

- There will a closed Beta and an open Beta, that's also quite sure. About the modalities to get access, this is also still in discussion. And it won't be defined before we define all the modalities for Alpha access.

However, we want to be clear on one thing:

Alpha & Closed Beta Access are meant to help us building the game by giving feedback and reporting bugs. While a lot of game companies see Beta phase as some advertisement stunt and marketing strategy, we think differently, or more precisely we think the old way: As Alpha, Closed Beta has mainly a role to improve the game experience. It's not meant to just play the game sooner. While we completely understand that members of the community are eager to play the game as much as we are, if some are not interested in testing or bug reporting (which can be - and we agree - a very tedious task but a necessary one), then the Open Beta will be the most appropriate first experience to discover the game.

I hope we will be able to test Dual soon, it will be very difficult to wait one or two years more !

Are you going to release some web apps related to Dual Universe ? It should be interesting to start playing the game without it... If it makes sense :P

Hi Julian,

Indeed one or even two years is a long time to wait.

But making a game takes a long time. Making a good game takes even more time ;)

About making a pre-game app might be a good idea on paper, inciting players to prepare for the game. But it would mean taking some developers to work on the app instead of working on Dual Universe... which will slow the development and may, in the end, not the best choice.

However, what we might do in the future, once the game is released, is to allow third-party developers for apps related to the game.

Anyway, I will submit the idea to the dev team :)

Hi ReadyForTheGame,

Well, as Beta won't be before end of 2016... it's a bit too soon to give details on it.

What is clear for now:

- Alpha will be indeed mostly for backers/supporters/founders, helping us in a crowdfunding campaign.

But it might be also possible to get access for very active community helpers. We haven't decided yet the prerequisites, nor even confirm it will indeed be possible. But we will keep you informed as the situation evolve.

- There will a closed Beta and an open Beta, that's also quite sure. About the modalities to get access, this is also still in discussion. And it won't be defined before we define all the modalities for Alpha access.

However, we want to be clear on one thing:

Alpha & Closed Beta Access are meant to help us building the game by giving feedback and reporting bugs. While a lot of game companies see Beta phase as some advertisement stunt and marketing strategy, we think differently, or more precisely we think the old way: As Alpha, Closed Beta has mainly a role to improve the game experience. It's not meant to just play the game sooner. While we completely understand that members of the community are eager to play the game as much as we are, if some are not interested in testing or bug reporting (which can be - and we agree - a very tedious task but a necessary one), then the Open Beta will be the most appropriate first experience to discover the game.

I would stress, stress again and triple stress to alpha testers that they are in game for TESTING. In landmark a lot of people left due to a lack of systems implemented due to the stage its in. Most of the people in that game are buy in's because of Everquest NExt (something I have ZERO interest in, I wanted in landmark to build.). 

I do think the scenario for early/alpha testers in Dual will be different than my experience in LM, simply because Dual is being made for Dual, not for another game. BTW, when can I sign up, back, adopt, buy in. :D   :P

Hi Kiklix,

There is still a long way to go before being able to back the project, but this should be possible something like the beginning of 2016 (probably a bit before the Alpha  :)) while Beta won't be before end of 2016. But these are just raw estimate if all goes well (with no unforeseen delays), not definitive deadlines on the roadmap as we are still far from being there in the timeline.

• 9 months later...

Hi eagle777,

It would really help us to understand if you were speaking in English (which is the common language used on this forum).

Even if I roughly got what you said in the other posts using Google Translate, I don't understand what you are saying here.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, that's fine: you are not writing a book, we just need to understand (and I'm pretty sure we are all making some mistakes here and there).

Google translation:

??? ????????????? ??????? ??? ??????, ???? ?? ???????? ?? ?????????? ????? (??????? ???????? ????? ??????, ???????????? ?? ???? ??????).
???? ???? ? ????? ???????? ??, ??? ?? ???????, ? ?????? ?????? ? ??????? Google Translate, ? ?? ???????, ??? ?? ???????? ?????.
?? ??????? ?????? ??????, ??? ?????????: ?? ?? ?????? ?????, ?? ?????? ?????? ?????? (? ? ??????, ??? ?? ??? ?????? ?????-?? ?????? ????? ? ???).

Regards,

Shadow.