PvE Missions - Will it be interesting youtube content?

PVP does not make for good streaming because your not always guaranteed an engagement. Then you spend the time getting into position and half your viewers have fallen asleep.  With PVE they will be able to go and say here and this time we are going to do some pew pew pew.  So it should be leaps and bounds better. 

I would really like some clarity from NQ about PvE missions. The Ask Aphelia video is ambiguous about how people can enter the instance together. Multiple people on the same ship? Multiple ships but only one person per ship? I think they meant the latter, but it would be nice to get confirmation.

Also, the skills needed to be successful at PvE mirror PvP skills, since the combat is the same. I appreciate that this is an attempt by NQ to add content, and it's really smart to nudge the PvE players towards PvP. I'd just like a little more info.

7 hours ago, RugesV said:

PVP does not make for good streaming because your not always guaranteed an engagement. Then you spend the time getting into position and half your viewers have fallen asleep.  With PVE they will be able to go and say here and this time we are going to do some pew pew pew.  So it should be leaps and bounds better. 

even with the inability to actually to do pvp , pvp will still most likely be more complex , thus more fun than pve . Bots are dumb , they do the same repetitive loop over and over again , this gets boring very quickly and becomes another grind after the your 10th hour .  This is true for even the most complex bots , this is why when making a game that need to last years ,player competing with other players is they only reasonable way to maintain gamers interest . There are not enough unpredictable events or variable in a instance to keep pve fresh or interesting , this unpredictability is even more true in the pvp zone , because players can interact with you in more ways .  

Ironically the pvp players will be the ones whom do most of the pve mission , not because they like it , but just a convenient way to test new builds .

Edited by milkmkhjgjg

9 hours ago, EternalDreamer said:

Kinda like Tears of the Kingdom.

It's really not like Tears of the Kingdom, IMO...I mean, is watching people fight bots in Empyrion fun because it's "like tears of the kingdom" insofar as people build ships...? Or Space Engineers? Not really.

First you need context for what you're watching for it to be fun -- a lot of people play games like Tears of the Kingdom, not so many play DU.

Most people won't be able to follow what they're seeing or understand why a given build is more interesting than any other. To a viewer, it'll all look the same: some ship tab-targeting squares. 

Most MMOs don't have PvE content that's "fun to watch", I'm not even saying that's a bad thing so long as players have fun running the actual missions. I just don't see how it'll "make interesting youtube content".