NQ: It's not 1 new project, it's 3!

Per NQ's CEO: 

image.thumb.png.915123af77c6ca670e242bd1f8f5301b.png

I don't understand this CEO at all...they decided to do everything with DU, it didn't work...so they decide to start working on three new projects...?! Sure we know they are working on one new gaming project and they've mentioned a "3d blog" before...but I guess there's even a third project they are "tinkering" with? 

Especially for small companies, there's value in focus. Specialization. Making even one product that actually works.

If they do want to focus on these three new things...spin down DU and stop charing people as if the game is going to get more than 1/4th their attention (at best). They pushed DU "as far as possible"....okay, so why are they still charging people and pretending there's a roadmap?

I don't know...I personally want to work for a company that's stable and has a real vision for the future, not one that's more interested in "breaking the mold".  Not one that's more interested in "leveraging new tech" for game making than embracing the fundamentals of what games are and how game design works. 

Could that blob of text be considered out of context since we only see that single quote?

This is my take, the poster is a wannabe wordsmith with little to no finesse, he is trying to sound smart by making over complicated an long posts with little to no actual content, that doesn't make him a bad person, just obnoxious and looong winded to read/listen to. It might also suffer from "google" translate issues, it may have sounded better in french.

Self proclaimed intelligence, that rarely goes well.

DU is referred to in past tense, will they finally man up and close it.

3 new project, could be literally anything, company fishing trip to the job center, chess game med in ascii, hide money from IRS in other companies

wall of text disappoints for 9000 pointy over

Edited by Kurosawa

This is from LinkedIn?  

What do you think his intended audience is here, who is he speaking to?

I can only assume it's not current or potential customers, because there are other better ways to communicate with either of those groups.

So is it investors, or perspective employees?

Honest question, i'm confused.

47 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

This is from LinkedIn?  

What do you think his intended audience is here, who is he speaking to?

I can only assume it's not current or potential customers, because there are other better ways to communicate with either of those groups.

So is it investors, or perspective employees?

Honest question, i'm confused.

Yes, it's from LinkedIn.

If I had to guess I'd say prospective employees -- the context of their last posts are definitely geared toward recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Kurosawa said:

Could that blob of text be considered out of context since we only see that single quote?

Perhaps? I won't link directly to their LinkedIn, but it's easy enough to find. Most of his posts are of a similar theme in terms of content. 

If a company that size is trying to do three things at once then either they're doing very insubstantial things or they're doing it wrong.  Put the focus on one thing so you can be agile, create feedback loops with users and respond to change requirements fast.

Most likely they have a stack of tech, a product that's failing and no idea what to do next so they're just arsing about with whatever crazy ideas they come up with to see if anything works.