Tool for collecting ore from the surface

Grizzly45

Add to the tool the ability to collect ore after calibration by area and not piece by piece. Otherwise, it takes too much time and discourages the desire to play further. It takes me more than 2 hours to collect ore after calibration. After that, there is no desire to engage in creativity. And more and more desire to leave the game ((

After spending a lot of days on the production of the plant and now abandon the ore? This is tantamount to leaving the game.

It is not possible to exclude the extraction of ore completely, pay for tiles and produce elements for your creativity, and all this requires ore. I want to be independent of the market and players. I collected the ore myself, processed it myself, produced the elements myself. And already the end result could offer the players and the market. The number of tiles that I need for production exceeds 30 pieces. I'm not even talking about the extraction and sale of ore on the market, it all goes completely into my production of elements. And I am stopped by the realization that I spend a lot of my personal time on routine work that does not bring pleasure from the game. I would like to reduce this time as much as possible and engage in the creation of new bases, ships and other objects.

You can consider creating a turret for the ship, which will be controlled by the player to collect ore by area for example

19 hours ago, Grizzly45 said:

After spending a lot of days on the production of the plant and now abandon the ore? This is tantamount to leaving the game.

But NQ isn't really working on DU anymore, so....you literally care more about seeing the game improve than they do. It isn't going to change, certainly not anytime soon.  

We're talking about a game that has had fewer and fewer DAUs since release -- a steady, linear decline driven by churn that's never shown even a hint of reversing or even plateuing. 

NQ has been clear that their focus is on a new gaming project, not DU.

Whatever ideas you have about improving the game are not going to be listened to...and even if they are, whatever skeleton crew is still working on DU isn't going to be in a hurry to patch the game because it has no commercial future at all. 

My suggestion is to not post ideas here, because this idea that NQ is trying to make this game work long-term isn't based on reality and fact. All evidence points to the idea that they've given up on DU and are focused on new projects. 

Two things: 

1) this forum is just a troll-trap to keep bitter ex-players off more heavily trafficked forums; don’t expect NQ to come here for suggestions.

2) asteroid mining Probably more your speed. There’s more work up front but you can build up a stockpile and then coast on it. It’s not as expensive or hard to get into as you might think.

1. no troll posts here, you might not like it but The reality is that:

- NQ CEO and staff has confirmed that they have other priorities.

- Lack of updates and and improvements over 8 years

- Lack of follow through on errors and exploits

- Not talking to and/or insulting the community with weak stuff

- Crating there own game in 0.23 0.24 and so on despite plenty warnings

- Blind coping EvE with out understanding the deeper reasoning EvE does X

- Not finishing what they do and leave countless big and small errors, it a dangerous attitude that will come back and rip you arms off

- reducing server power.

These are just some of my observations, you can dislike it and call it a troll post but it is based on facts collected over time.

What i dont is why NQ doesn't just fold and cut there costs.

17 hours ago, Hecticus said:

1) this forum is just a troll-trap to keep bitter ex-players off more heavily trafficked forums; don’t expect NQ to come here for suggestions.

What "heavily trafficked forum" are you talking about? The reddit is even more dead than this forum, as are all other social media accounts.

The only other place is Discord, which is not exactly glowing in positivity for the game, either...and far from what I'd call "heavily trafficked". 

Every shred of evidence suggests that NQ is focused on a new game project -- and every available data suggests that DU's player count is only shrinking (not that it was ever enough to be sustainable, even right after launch). 

The reality is that NQ isn't looking anywhere for suggestions because they are only working on it with a skeleton crew of devs (if that). There's no evidence whatsoever that this game is or will ever become sustainable and that is reflected in the low engagement across all channels, not just a few bitter people.

Hell, have they even announced 1.4 or its rough release date? Tiny updates every 2 months is not a sign that the devs are hard at work on this project as their main focus, and that means they aren't looking for ideas anywhere

29 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

There's no evidence whatsoever that this game is or will ever become sustainable and that is reflected in the low engagement across all channels, not just a few bitter people.

I'd put it this way: even most die-hard ''fans'' -- people historically with insides on game, who usually had their ways into leaks and all kind devs only info, quit at this point, because being hinted its nothing to catch here anymore.