Receiver / Emitter are useless?

Ateiri

Hi there.

Long story-short, I would like to use receivers / emitter a lot, but I can't, because I have to activate another PB remotely in order to send / receive data.

What the problem to enable it via receiver->switch-counter-whatever?

The problem is that 1000m range actually a big lie. Sometimes works on 1000m, sometimes 400m, sometimes 100m and other players tells that depends on rendering.

Well, then why we need so unreliable functionality at all?

So let me explain the case:

I have a PB network terminal and connected databank. I write into databank commands (like netreq://19:332), PB reads them out through the loop and automatically enables remote PB to send-receive data. I see nice progress bars and chunks of lua tables - nice.

Why actually I need 1000m range?

I have a central base and I would like to set up displays to monitor mining bases around instead of travelling each on VR.

Probably, there are much more cases how to use receiver and emitter. If it would be more than 1000m (like SU ranges), that were a bomb!

But currently even 1000m is not working and I'm kind of new player who disappointed on every corner because of some another game limitation.

Is it a really not possible to make right?

From devs to devs.

Thanks.

So I actually found that emitter sends signal to receiver, all good. If I will send signal next from Receiver to PB, it will accept it - good.

But if I send a signal for example from Receiver to Manual Switch and then to PB - that's not working.

Actually doesn't matter if that is Manual Switch, neither other elements such as Relay are working in that situation. 

I cheated in Lua via Couroutines and was able somehow to run PB which was directly connected to Receiver, BUT.

The script didn't run anything. It didn't activated the screen or switcher or didn't write into databank, but somehow sent data once via emitter once.

So I have a feeling that emitter / receiver is actually working on distance of 1000m, but all other elements NOT.

If you connect receiver to manual switch you will see...

I spent too much time for writing my lua script for emitter-receiver communication and really lost interest of playing the game since nothing is working as expected :(

Maybe I will return later, but please let me know if that is not possible to fix at all.

@KirionI think you can dock / undock dynamic cores only and the requirement is to be on a pilot controller, but I didn't check myself. What I saw, there is API for that, so in theory that should possible an easy to make.

Some ideas from me:

- Auto-docking: basically you can dock / undock any ships you have, but I honestly don't know why you need to have that (I didn't have more than one ship).

- Data transfer between any dynamic / static cores within of 100m: download / upload any data you wish, limited only by your creativity.

- Auto-pilot: possible, but it will take a lot of time to implement.

- Dynamic waypoints: I think together with a radar and autopilot, that could be a really cool thing (if somebody didn't implement it already).

- Remote ship control (eg. as a character you can move across your ship, while the ship itself flying somewhere via autopilot).

- Task manager: you can create tasks which will be automatically executed in N time. The limitation is that you have to be within ~100m range from your PB and it should be activated. Task can automatically execute logic on your ship and potentially control every aspect of your ship command by command in queue. Also via screen you can create a new commands.

I wish to send data over SU ranges, as well as activate logic elements there: signals, controllers etc. I believe devs will never do that, but that's a thing for what I wish to pay.
There are performance challenges for both client-side and server-side, but well, that's what devs actually should work on in order for devs like me to create a game content for free for other players to enjoy it (forgive me if that sounds off).

Look, what if SU ranges for emitter-receivers are here + no limitation for logic execution on distance:

- Base DSAT sends data over your ship remotely and automatically set up a navigation route.

- Automatically control you industry from your huge mothership remotely.

- Overlook all of your Mining units from a mothership or main base, regardless of where mining units are located (nice screen with all information).

- Send reports and data from base to base, from ship to ship: pirate activity, missions or requests, navigation data, radars data and more more more.

... your endless creativity could be there ...

FOR DEVS, MANAGERS

Just improve your subscription model, offer players personal server-side CPU / memory limits. That not only give you money, but should potentially solve server-side performance issues. Organisations will create money pools and pay you really a lot for that, which also automatically increase game content and player enjoyment since that can consume new things all the time. Move out from client-side to server-side a lot as you can and increase performance for server-side. I understand that is not possible to move everything, but at least syncing should work.

You claim that the game and company is a Metaverse, well, then bring to players opportunity to create content without so many limitations, give them a way to sell their stuff for in-game tokens which could be traded for real money.

last not least

I already mentioned that in my feedback before I cancelled my subscription. Set up a right channel for communication with players. I checked release notes and what actually players want and I have a feeling that the game is going into a wrong direction and it will be completely empty in some time. You can organise QA questions, you can show your roadmap and give players opportunity vote for the stuff they want. You can monetise a lot of things by the way - not a problem.

I played ~2 weeks, no more. I have a feeling that I can return back to the game, but I have feeling that the game is dying, people are leaving, last game changes are not promising and game have a lot of limitations which stops my creativity.  I wish to help you, you can call me / write me anytime.

Cheers, Ateiri.