New voxel building feature

Grizzly45

On 3/24/2023 at 11:24 AM, Grizzly45 said:

We need to create a switch to magnetize the voxel vertices. 

To facilitate construction by voxels.

When you need to place two voxels side by side without changing the shape

Unfortunately that is just not how voxels work.  Despite the way we speak about it, you don't actually place voxels.   The voxel space is simply a cube of cubes.  "Placing a voxel" is actually taking an empty voxel that is already there, and painting it with a texture.  When you move any vertex you, by necessity, move that vertex for all 8 voxels it is attached to.

If you have a voxel shape in your clipboard and you want it to override the vertices position when you paste it, hold down the shift key when you click it into place. This will paste with paste dominance instead of existing dominance. 

• 1 month later...

What I would REEEALLLYY love NQ to implement for the voxel building, as it really bugs me and I am sure many other builders, is a limiter for the drag and select tool area, when trying to placing or delete voxels. 

If you are going to prevent/limit a person to only place or delete a certain length of 160 voxels or a specific amount, why then can I go past this limit with the selection tool (turns red). It aggravates me to no extent when I get a error message saying that my selection was bigger than the permitted area or selected area was too big.

LIMIT the selection area to the amount you are permitted to place or delete then as well. It is tedious to be limited to remove a small percentage at a time, I understand this is to reduce processing time and lag, sure, but it makes things overly tedious.