PVE content and hostile lifeforms

kulkija

I couldn't find any reference via a Google Image search.

The reddit sub hasn't even had a new post in 11 days...nor has DU's official twitter. 

Goes to show how "alive" this game is, lol...I guess it isn't a shock considering they've now dipped below even 100 DAUs on Steam. Games like this that look like they were thrown together in a day have better stats (higher all-time peak and more DAUs lol). 

Regardless, aliens are (IMO) a dumb addition to the game's already childish lore...if you can even call it that. I'd assert that DU doesn't really have any lore -- there's no society, no culture, no politics, no conflict, no story of any kind.

People just show up on this random bland planet and immediately descend into a libertarian hell...but wait, there's also aliens...? Okay...? 

Deckard posted this image on the DU Discord 3(?) weeks ago. A week later he gave further information about the factors under consideration in the PvE implementation (after being asked by players). There was nothing locked in as final as there are many issues to consider and resolve, which is why the information in the conversation hasn’t dispersed more widely.