Org Construct check count.. WTF....

MrTenneal

So, to all the players that may read this on the forum.   Be sure to go to you Organization tab (f3) .   Click your organization icon.  Then Click Constructs to see the "summary and Construct Check".  Because I just live in those screens.  

image.thumb.jpeg.9ce9ad6f87c3dd31527c780d191c7268.jpeg

BTW, this is all the notice you get.  just as it happens..  NOTHING ELSE..  NO COUNTDOWN, NO 24HR NOTICE...  JUST THIS.. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e6566f5361a78cd307ffb68beadfd2a7.jpeg

I'm not mad at the organization that came in and stripped the ships and claimed the core.  just another example of a poor game mechanic and poor notification system of DU.      I was going to try and finish my build, but I just don't have to heart to finish it anymore.  So, I'm going to take a week off and play something else. and if I don't decide to come back, well I still have about 6 months left on my subscription on all of my accounts, so players will have to wait that long before they can strip it down.

Update, NQ won't help, they just said it's my fault and closed the ticket., which it is.  but with only 42 peak players per steam, no telling what the direct purchase is, they may want to work on fixing this...

38 minutes ago, MrTenneal said:

but with only 42 peak players per steam, no telling what the direct purchase is, they may want to work on fixing this...

NQ has been very clear that DU isn't their primary project anymore.

They know the stats, they know the challenges, they know it makes zero sense to keep developing DU as their main priority because the game doesn't work as a commercial product and never will.

NQ is focused on their next project. That's where they are hiring people, that's where the CEO has been focused ever since coming onboard.

DU has been dead for a long time now because NQ has focused their resources elsewhere...and has been doing so for a while. 

People still don't want to believe this, insisting that a sub-based game with no players can magically keep going even with so few resources, even fewer players, and only tiny, insignificant updates since release. 

So...to your point, NQ isn't going to fix anything and knows very well that the game isn't popular and never will be...hence their resources being focused elsewhere.  

3 hours ago, MrTenneal said:

BTW, this is all the notice you get.  just as it happens..  NOTHING ELSE..  NO COUNTDOWN, NO 24HR NOTICE...  JUST THIS.. 

Did you get a notification when the Org failed the first Construct Check on March 4th?

The notification you got on the 18th is for the end of a 14 day countdown.  But there should be a notification when you fail the first Construct Check too.

It would be nice if there was a notification every day that you have constructs in a countdown to being abandoned.

We really need an in-game mail system for important stuff like this too.  There's too much spam in the notifications tab.

Yea, i scrolled down and discovered the 1st warning.  But if you look at my tab I have some 3400 notifications and I use this toon for selling on the marketplace.  So that tab is flooded with sell, and calibration alerts.   So it’s totally my fault, but damn. I lost quite a lot of stuff 3 med ships and 2 lg static core builds and containers loaded with stuff to sell.. all for some stupid game mechanics that make no sense in the game..     but I loaded up my tiles with 5million each and going to take a month off. 

You get a 14-28 day notice that cores will be abandoned.  (IE every 14 days the game checks if you are over your limit). Then once it does that check you have 14 days to rectify that if you are over. 

One thing to note here. If someone donates core slots to your org. As soon as that persons account lapses those core slots are no longer donated. 

I do think NQ should add another level of security.  Instead of being abandoned immediately they should go into an 85 day timer where they cannot be used until the core count is fixed.  Because you should never penalize players that still intend to play the game. 

But I will add check your notifications tab, And check your constructs regularly, and your territory taxes too. These are jobs that legates have to perform. 

This is just badly designed.  I have heard that people who play using DAC are unsubscribed briefly when one DAC expires and the next has not yet been applied.  Even if this gap is very short like 5 minutes the constructs loaned by that character to their org are withdrawn and need to be manually redone.  The same could happen with a credit card error or similar.

I know of people who lost constructs like this because everyone has a lot of notifications and I don't think anyone really reads them.  When someone loses their work like this they are almost guaranteed to quit and it's hard to imagine why it was left like this.

You would think there would be big red messages every time the player logs in for the whole time the constructs are counting down.  How hard can that be?

34 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

This is just badly designed.  I have heard that people who play using DAC are unsubscribed briefly when one DAC expires and the next has not yet been applied.  Even if this gap is very short like 5 minutes the constructs loaned by that character to their org are withdrawn and need to be manually redone.  The same could happen with a credit card error or similar.

That is exactly what happened. on the 28th of February My Sub ran out, and I didn't renew it till the 31st.    The log on the Organization Constructs shows a -10 on the 28th of February, so it took it away when my sub ran out...   DAMN... I feel even more mad right now..  oh I'm going to take a month (more like a week now that I've cooled off some) check out some other games. but I'll be back.... mark my words...  maybe...

log.jpg.105342b8cbf0ed9045efa1e1aa78539a.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.5acd9505dcfa68a38b304d07f44afbdf.jpeg

13 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

How hard can that be?

Honestly...small things like this are hard when the dev team was already small relative to the genre....but now the team is even smaller as NQ has been focused on its other game project for a while. 

So...even tiny but impactful UX changes are not going to materialize anytime soon. 

The OP should expect to come back to essentially the same game in a month or in however many weeks.

No company of NQ's size can realistically juggle multiple game projects -- DU's development is far closer to its end than its beginning...so don't hold your breath on changes in general, never mind for annoying issues like this. 

This is why i don't have an alt account anymore.  It's just too complicated.  

I wouldn't mind having some of the benefits that come with a second account.  And i wouldn't mind paying more for them.  But it's not worth the added stress.

I would be happy to pay extra for more construct slots, calibration charges, recruit -a-friend rewards ect.  But not if i have to manage multiple passwords and reoccurring subscriptions just to get them.

9 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Honestly...small things like this are hard when the dev team was already small relative to the genre....but now the team is even smaller as NQ has been focused on its other game project for a while. 

9 hours ago, blundertwink said:

No company of NQ's size can realistically juggle multiple game projects -- DU's development is far closer to its end than its beginning...so don't hold your breath on changes in general, never mind for annoying issues like this. 

Yeah, trying to develop an ambitious game in a small studio is a big ask to begin with.  Trying to do so when the game is not the 100% singular focus of the entire company is complete suicide.  It became obvious when DU launched and it turned out that 'the future of DU' was dancing avatars that the company didn't realise how short their runway really was and that trying to collect sub money and just make small tweaks wasn't going to cut it.  And now the big 6 month crunch is here (where people who took out 6 month subs when the price rise was announced have to decide whether to pay again, at a higher rate, or walk away).  This is the end of the runway and we're still on the ground.

Right now without a seriously big thing happening I'd give the game 4-8 weeks.

similar thing happened to  me, my alts sub ran out and i didnt realise, immediately its donated cores were removed from my org. Luckly i spotted it on the day it happened and had to manually re-add them. (i thought my alt had a recurring sub but it seems not

Yet NQ is still claiming that their tech is absolutely groundbreaking and cutting edge. This is from the CEO's public post just today: 

In 2020… Novaquark released a video that shows all the potential of the Dual Universe technology
This was before Covid, before the Metaverse Frenzy, before ChatGPT… but still spot on[...]

I believe that with Dual Universe we are only scratching the surface of the potential of the tech
But since slow and steady wins the race, let’s see where this leads us
Once you have a strong tech stack, the question is about multiple angles to leverage its power

As we keep pushing usages of the tech in all directions, can’t wait to see what we are coming up with!

There's a fine line between being proud of the tech they made (which is fair for such a small studio) and arrogance about shit that's never worked at scale...

This idea that NQ was so advanced back in 2020 and so "ahead of the game" is so weird to me...almost as weird as using the term "metaverse frenzy" as if it became some explosively popular concept. 

This is how web3 / blockchain people often think, though...they care only about the idea, not the implementation or use case...and certainly not scale. 

I understand that NQ is doing what they think is best to survive, but I am really doubtful that they've learned any humility from their experience with DU as they continue to insist their tech stack is actually amazing despite legendarily poor performance, an ocean of bugs, and no proven ability to scale. 

DU is just a remake of Landmark in space. And despite being older, Landmark in many ways had better voxel tools then DU.

And to anyone wanting to say something like "but DU has single shard technology blablabla", it should be pretty clear by now that it never worked or scaled as planned.