Anti-cheat don't serve his purpose

Leniver

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank NQ for making efforts to find new solutions to fight against cheaters.

However, following the implementation of the new anti-cheat tool has been drastically impacted the player experience.

We are no longer in Beta, the anti-cheat solution should be tested before being deployed in production.

Almost every time we log out we have the same problem, which means that it is not a rare bug but a recurrent and frequent problem.
In addition to this, there are various other errors.

One of Easy-Anti-Cheat's slogans is "Our mission is to keep games fun. Easy Anti-Cheat is non-invasive and trusted industry-wide. Experience your favorite games the way they were meant to be experienced by complementing your security efforts with established technology and practices."

I must say that my experience as a player has been degraded since we have EAC and it should be the opposite.

In conclusion, the current solution is not viable and only adds one more reason for some players to unfortunately stop playing.

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Leniver said:

....We are no longer in Beta...

This game never even made it to beta in anything other than name. For all intents and purposes this game is still in Alpha.

NQ be like:  "Ummm... sure, territory warfare is a concept we've talked about...  Roadmap? LOL.. Where we are going we don't need roads.... We might introduce power requirements at some point possibly... Sorry not sorry the collision detection broke all your ships... again... We are the Metaverse company... Avatar PvP? Yeah, nah... LOL...  In the meantime, have a pointless floating robot and purple voxels... 3D Blog tool goes brrrrrr....  Oh noes, you're going to have to refactor your Lua just a couple more times now... promise....   Wipe? What? No, we'll not be wiping again... But can't exactly promise we won't have to wipe again... "

Fair, but you're assuming that NQ's goal is retaining players and I'm not convinced that's the case. 

It's almost certain that DU is adding IAPs and likely going FTP. Getting EAC implemented makes sense for their long-term goals. It isn't about protecting players from cheaters, it's about protecting digital currency and IAPs long-term

So what if a few players churn as they debug the integration...? It isn't like their subscription base today is at all material. It isn't like users won't continue to churn month-after-month, regardless of EAC.

They will gladly sacrifice a few subs to move this game to a new monetization model...because they don't really have a choice. 

I don't think they view EAC as an optional thing, but as a prerequisite to implementing IAP...which they are certainly doing.

So IMO, they won't soften their stance or remove EAC until it's debugged. They are using paying customers as beta testers...in this case, to test features they'll need as they pivot to a new monetization model.

It sucks, but there's really no going back -- subscriptions will never work for DU, and going FTP with IAPs is their last option...so they'll break a few eggs to cook up that crappy omelette and aren't shy about testing things on the live service in the meantime. 

On 3/9/2023 at 4:31 AM, Leniver said:

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank NQ for making efforts to find new solutions to fight against cheaters.

However, following the implementation of the new anti-cheat tool has been drastically impacted the player experience.

We are no longer in Beta, the anti-cheat solution should be tested before being deployed in production.

Almost every time we log out we have the same problem, which means that it is not a rare bug but a recurrent and frequent problem.
In addition to this, there are various other errors.

One of Easy-Anti-Cheat's slogans is "Our mission is to keep games fun. Easy Anti-Cheat is non-invasive and trusted industry-wide. Experience your favorite games the way they were meant to be experienced by complementing your security efforts with established technology and practices."

I must say that my experience as a player has been degraded since we have EAC and it should be the opposite.

In conclusion, the current solution is not viable and only adds one more reason for some players to unfortunately stop playing.

Kind regards

Their previous anti-cheat was unexpectedly bought out by another company which made them have to use this one. This actually took them by surprise, so I get it.

Their previous anti cheat was a pay for a licence one but this one is free.

NQ cost cutting strikes again?

Lots of games use this one but they are actively developed and the anti cheat is tested and tweaked before general release. 

Anti cheat is not just about wall hacks and aim bots. It's also stuff like puting 100kl of coal into a can and making the game think you put 100kl of plasma into the can. Or duping quanta which is then RMTed  so no anti cheat would be very bad.  Granted it's pretty baffling to me to do such a change at this stage.  What cool features are we now missing because of the dev time spent on this change?

On 3/14/2023 at 8:48 AM, MadSlapper said:

Their previous anti cheat was a pay for a licence one but this one is free.

NQ cost cutting strikes again?

Lots of games use this one but they are actively developed and the anti cheat is tested and tweaked before general release. 

If easy anti cheat is free, how does the company that makes it make money?