Really?

Zeddrick

Tried to play, was having a wierd error where my ship bounced up and down for a couple of minutes with controls/panning/etc locked every time I tried to get out of my seat.  Eventually I got fed up and started doing 'end task' and restarting.  Now I get this:

image.png.7922bc5fb89f47becc3d81efe1cbcd61.png

Happens every time I try to run before I even get to the login window.  No obvious reason why, and at this point I can't even be bothered to investigate it, This type of thing isn't a big surprise any more really.  I'll just unsub again and go back to Stellaris because at least it works.

Its EasyAntiCheat error. Occures on trying to launch the game after crash. This happens to me in Apex. Try to restart your pc. If it wont help i recommed you to google:
" Error Code: 30005 (CreateFile failed with 32.) " Its a lot of possible sotulions.

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

I logged in to check my skill queue and saw a new splash screen.
it's so fkkn funny that a game with basically no P2P brokered connections and downwards of a 100 players feels like they need to use an Anti-cheat.

Better safe than sorry.

Besides, if EAC was removed right now it is just like putting a huge banner up on DU's launch page saying 'hack me now!'. Not saying its not pointless but its probably pretty justified to protect game from hacking either way. All I can hope for is that these kind of bugs from easy anticheat just get ironed out, as you do for all kinds of software you install on a whim because of old software suddenly being unsupported like this.

Im still getting the Anti-Cheat Bug when i log out.  Yesterday I logged out, forgot to check something, quickly click the log in button.  It just sits there saying I'm in the connection que.  After a minute i alt tab out and notice an Anti-Cheat window with a red x  and have to close the programs and load them again. 

On 2/23/2023 at 5:08 AM, Gr1IvI said:

Its EasyAntiCheat error. Occures on trying to launch the game after crash. This happens to me in Apex. Try to restart your pc. If it wont help i recommed you to google:
" Error Code: 30005 (CreateFile failed with 32.) " Its a lot of possible sotulions.

Yes, thanks.  I did eventually restart the PC the next morning and that did, in fact, make it go away.  I was just really cross with the game at that point for other reasons and this was the last straw. 

I set out with my shiny new repair unit to see if I could 'create some content' but all I got were freezes (3 minutes to exit a seat?!), stuttering (my previously-OK-for-the-whole-life-of-DU machine can't run the game properly any more as it takes up a lot more resource now) and wierd behaviour for the disassembler that surely can't be intended and then finally I got locked out.

At least I didn't get the element stacking thing again yet ...

Having had to crash out of the game after waiting 4 minutes to see if I can exit my seat once arriving at Market 6 to pick up some basic space engines. I am thinking the Anti-Cheat might be a little too paranoid because I am fairly sure I am not cheating just exiting my flight chair...

At least I hope it is the Anti-cheat and not something else causing it. :D

image.png.9ce234248a514ac8ad20f2a54ff70afc.png
This one is my personal favourite.  No diagnostic at all.  It seems to appear when you put your username and password in so quickly it thinks you might be a bot, although people who actually are using automation to log in to their account still seem to be able to do so, so who knows what this is for?  Perhaps it's just yet another poor-quality cockup?

On 2/26/2023 at 7:53 AM, ADCOne said:

Having had to crash out of the game after waiting 4 minutes to see if I can exit my seat once arriving at Market 6 to pick up some basic space engines. I am thinking the Anti-Cheat might be a little too paranoid because I am fairly sure I am not cheating just exiting my flight chair...

At least I hope it is the Anti-cheat and not something else causing it. :D

Same here, I get the same long pause at the marketplace 6 only when trying to get out of the flight chair.   All I can do is sit, sit, sit and I don't like it.  Not one little bit.    sometimes it is 1 min, sometimes it is as long as 3 min.  I normally give up and AltF4 it.  

So I've played DU since launch on various platforms but was only able to get past the Lag using Shadow.  Then after update 1.idon'tcare it prevented using Shadow so I lost access to the game for 8 months.. Then it started working and they release on GFN (GeforceNow) great!  I still used Shadow as you couldn't add custom conf files on GFN and have 2 other accounts I pay a sub on in the hope a couple of friends will return one day... I even subbed my main account to support the game and haven't used my DAC since launch.

And now some half-arsed update prevents you form playing on a VM?  Are you f$*%&%*$ serious??  Do you have a dev Team that talks to each other, tests SH££"%" or even considers the impact of half assed decisions?!?   If I caused this in my current role I would be fired.

I really hope this is sorted in tomorrows update or I am done with this ckuffing shit show.  I've invested way way too much time, money and hope in this game.

1 hour ago, Virtualburn said:

So I've played DU since launch on various platforms but was only able to get past the Lag using Shadow.  Then after update 1.idon'tcare it prevented using Shadow so I lost access to the game for 8 months.. Then it started working and they release on GFN (GeforceNow) great!  I still used Shadow as you couldn't add custom conf files on GFN and have 2 other accounts I pay a sub on in the hope a couple of friends will return one day... I even subbed my main account to support the game and haven't used my DAC since launch.

And now some half-arsed update prevents you form playing on a VM?  Are you f$*%&%*$ serious??  Do you have a dev Team that talks to each other, tests SH££"%" or even considers the impact of half assed decisions?!?   If I caused this in my current role I would be fired.

I really hope this is sorted in tomorrows update or I am done with this ckuffing shit show.  I've invested way way too much time, money and hope in this game.

When I tried to play in a VM it actually printed 'you can't play in a VM'.  That looks pretty deliberate IMO, not just something broken by accident.

49 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

When I tried to play in a VM it actually printed 'you can't play in a VM'.  That looks pretty deliberate IMO, not just something broken by accident.

I'm sure this is an after effect of 'easy anti-cheat' and it's been mis-configured.  I've spent these past months since release building up everything to the point of what I lost in the wipe only to be screwed over by yet another update.  Seriously, if this is intentional then this is the last straw.  I'm walking away from DU.

I really don't see how cutting off GFN was ever intentional, and even if it were you would think there would be some warning.  This is a f*ck up, plain and simple.

16 hours ago, Virtualburn said:

Do you have a dev Team that talks to each other, tests SH££"%" or even considers the impact of half assed decisions?!?   If I caused this in my current role I would be fired.

All evidence points to DU having a very minimal dev team, as NQ's CEO has repeatedly stated their focus is on projects other than DU. That obviously means resources are being spent elsewhere. 

Do they test? Probably not very much, all things considered.

They've been on the struggle bus in terms of technical debt for many years now, and that will only get worse over time because the game has failed commercially. It would be absurd to suggest that NQ will hire more devs to waste on this product. The few devs they have now can't possibly grow or fix the game on their own. 

All in all, the game is still a vastly unfinished mess after over 8 years of development and over 5 months of launch. The idea that they might someday pull a "NMS" and turn it around is just pure fantasy -- not with dwindling resources, dwindling players, and an overall crap design, a design which isn't even close to being finished even if it were engaging for more than a few niche players. 

15 hours ago, Virtualburn said:

I'm sure this is an after effect of 'easy anti-cheat' and it's been mis-configured.  I've spent these past months since release building up everything to the point of what I lost in the wipe only to be screwed over by yet another update.  Seriously, if this is intentional then this is the last straw.  I'm walking away from DU.

I really don't see how cutting off GFN was ever intentional, and even if it were you would think there would be some warning.  This is a f*ck up, plain and simple.

If there is a message saying 'you cannot use a VM' then that's different from previous things that have been done.  Even if this is accidental you would think it would be an easy fix.

GFN is more interesting.  It does work but only if you are on Steam.  There was a suggestion made in a discord I'm in that this is to inflate the steam numbers?  Seems like mo good reason for it to be switched off of it works.

I'm planning to unsub all but one account when the subs end because of the unreliability of dual boxing over the last few months.  Not sure if I will find enough to do with just one account though.

Hello Games (No Man's Sky) and NQ had similarities with inexperienced leadership and promising more then they could deliver. But that's also where the comparison stops.

The state of NMS at launch had much to do with Sony forcing the game to lunch before it was ready. But Hello Games always delivered timely updates and made solid progress with the game.

NQ on the other hand has dilly dallied around for 8 years now and have still now yet even made the framework need to support the six pillars in the game.

5 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Not sure if I will find enough to do with just one account though.

The idea alone shows the failure in DU.

How the hell could a game strategy be "not enough to play on a single account"

If this was a bank or a medicine company it would have been in heavy weather woith the officials. But somehow this works in the game industry.

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

The idea alone shows the failure in DU.

How the hell could a game strategy be "not enough to play on a single account"

If this was a bank or a medicine company it would have been in heavy weather woith the officials. But somehow this works in the game industry.

Well, if I were new there might be more mileage in the game.  But I've been playing since before beta and done everything now so I'm mostly just playing occasionally for the fights and sometimes I run a mission or build something.  The wipe added a few months of interest re-treading old ground but now I'm just running the occasional mission and even that has been buggered up now, the last 2 times I ended up losing all my money though due to problems with the game.  Without being able to run missions it's difficult to justify even having more than a couple of the accounts any more - PvP is pretty much all I'm sticking around for at this point and I either need 1 or 2 of those depending on whether or not I can multi-box.  And multi-boxing hasn't worked the last 4 or 5 times I've tried it for different reasons.

I think a bigger problem for the game is the percentage of people on these forums with the 'Alpha Tester' tag.  It's most people still here.  And we're probably all feeling the same now.