plasma is only for the elite?

reggamm

Dear developers of the Dual Universe game!

What do you think about the resources that are owned by the two largest corporations?
Are there any plans to add a drop of justice for the rest of the community, which also needs rare resources? In particular, we are talking about plasma and the inability to build a warp beacon without this component. Or do you think that long flights add interest to the game?
Add the possibility of obtaining rare resources in other ways, even if with great risk, or exclude this resource from the components of the construction of a warp beacon.

Well we dont know what sort of rewards they are adding with PVE, but this could be one of them. But here is my suggestion in the meantime:

Add small space resource spots in the PVP zone to Rumored Dsat list.  You wont know if its an asteroid or an unstable alien core tll you get there. If its an unstable alien core it will be broadcast as one after 2 hours. Once the L core gets placed it becomes broadcast immediately.  The Autominer will cycle once only in an hour. Destroying the core and miner and asteroid. but ejecting .1l of plasma. 

On 2/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, reggamm said:

What do you think about the resources that are owned by the two largest corporations?
Are there any plans to add a drop of justice for the rest of the community, which also needs rare resources? In particular, we are talking about plasma and the inability to build a warp beacon without this component. Or do you think that long flights add interest to the game?
Add the possibility of obtaining rare resources in other ways, even if with great risk, or exclude this resource from the components of the construction of a warp beacon.

In most instances the most rare and advanced resources are locked behind a firewall of difficulty and risk. So no.. no plasma until you join that Alliance/Org or you take it for yourself. 

On 2/5/2023 at 10:53 AM, reggamm said:

Dear NQ.  Game too hard.  I can has easy mode?

On 2/5/2023 at 4:53 AM, reggamm said:

You can warp to any planet. The only long flights are to alien cores or space construct you created. So there is no "need" for people that aren't pvping to really have warp beacons.

17 hours ago, TacticalDonut said:

You can warp to any planet. The only long flights are to alien cores or space construct you created. So there is no "need" for people that aren't pvping to really have warp beacons.

Then this post is not for you.  If you don't need a warp beacon, it doesn't mean that other players don't need it.  I make a lot of flights, there are bases on all planets and orbits, I calibrate miners, take and complete missions that are transported by other players. And every time I have to return to my base 2.5 - 3 sous.  It seems not far, but it's 10 - 15 minutes of time. And there can be 5-6 such flights in an evening. A warp beacon is a natural technology for a space game, and in DU, they made a super value out of a warp beacon. Even if there is no plasma in production, this technology is expensive in itself in terms of quantum, resources and production time.

Edited by reggamm

I think risk reward is OK, but as the system is designed, it leads to a monopoly in the long term. currently most of the alien cores are usually in possession of just one group.
It should be possible as well for individuals to have a chance to get plasma, even if a high risk is involved. sure, the most powerful group should be able to have the best supply of it, but it should never be an exclusive thing. especially if then that brings with it additional power that makes it harder again to ever change the situation as it is usually.
and honestly. i assume it must be boring as .... to sit on the honeypot. 😉
this does not encourage people to challenge the current distribution of force. it mostly just keeps people from even thinking about getting involved in PvP, and showing some will to go out to the PvP zone

4 hours ago, Hagbard said:

I think risk reward is OK, but as the system is designed, it leads to a monopoly in the long term. currently most of the alien cores are usually in possession of just one group.
It should be possible as well for individuals to have a chance to get plasma, even if a high risk is involved. sure, the most powerful group should be able to have the best supply of it, but it should never be an exclusive thing. especially if then that brings with it additional power that makes it harder again to ever change the situation as it is usually.
and honestly. i assume it must be boring as .... to sit on the honeypot. 😉
this does not encourage people to challenge the current distribution of force. it mostly just keeps people from even thinking about getting involved in PvP, and showing some will to go out to the PvP zone

There are like 30-40 people showing up to defend the cores maximum.  There are hundreds still playing the game.  If you can't take it back even for a short time then you are all bad and we should get to keep it all!  ;)

Seriously though everyone is talking like there is no possible way to get plasma because one group is hoarding it.  I can think of at least two ways -- join one of the groups fighting over it or form a new group and try to take some plasma.  Yes, that's hard, but this is supposed to be endgame content and it's supposed to be hard.  Some people in here seem to just want some other way of doing it so they can just sit in the safezone and do a thing that will lead to them getting the endgame rewards without playing the endgame.  If you want the reward without playing the game just be patient and wait until you can buy it off the market.  It's bound to happen eventually.

And yes, it's boring as ... to sit on the honeypot.  Come and shoot at it!

Create a short term alliance.  For an easy raid  gather +20 org and each of them have to supply atleast 2-3 ships (pvp design can be copied from the major pvp orgs). Alliance target would be: Hold the alien core for one week and then split the rewards. This including a defense duty each day or every two days.

If you want the plasma for a warp beacon as an individual, perhaps you give them 2 Billion Quanta for one plasma. Maybe they will hand one out :P

12 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

There are like 30-40 people showing up to defend the cores maximum.  There are hundreds still playing the game.  If you can't take it back even for a short time then you are all bad and we should get to keep it all!  ;)

Seriously though everyone is talking like there is no possible way to get plasma because one group is hoarding it.  I can think of at least two ways -- join one of the groups fighting over it or form a new group and try to take some plasma.  Yes, that's hard, but this is supposed to be endgame content and it's supposed to be hard.  Some people in here seem to just want some other way of doing it so they can just sit in the safezone and do a thing that will lead to them getting the endgame rewards without playing the endgame.  If you want the reward without playing the game just be patient and wait until you can buy it off the market.  It's bound to happen eventually.

And yes, it's boring as ... to sit on the honeypot.  Come and shoot at it!

Most people play in different time zones, speak different languages. Everyone has a different amount of free time to play. Join some kind of coalition? that's if you're accepted.  Even if they accept or there are 50 or more players, how much plasma will you be able to get until you are thrown off and who will share the loot? So in words, everything is simple, but in fact, if you don't have a group of people commensurate in number with the ability to protect what you get when you need it, all this will not give anything and will not close the needs. I understand that there are players here who are only for the sake of PVP, but there are also a huge part of people who are mostly PVE, and PVP is only occasionally for the sake of variety.

6 hours ago, reggamm said:

Most people play in different time zones, speak different languages. Everyone has a different amount of free time to play. Join some kind of coalition? that's if you're accepted.  Even if they accept or there are 50 or more players, how much plasma will you be able to get until you are thrown off and who will share the loot? So in words, everything is simple, but in fact, if you don't have a group of people commensurate in number with the ability to protect what you get when you need it, all this will not give anything and will not close the needs. I understand that there are players here who are only for the sake of PVP, but there are also a huge part of people who are mostly PVE, and PVP is only occasionally for the sake of variety.

Some of the people who have plasma are literally getting up at 3am for fights, taking the day off work, etc..  this is endgame content and the people who want it without putting the effort in want it on easy mode.

Compared with what you have to do at the moment to get a plasma, no amount of the current PvE in the game could ever compare with it.  PvE is just mining and trucking stuff about, perhaps occasionally getting exploded because you can't run away fast enough.

IMO endgame means competing against other players for something.  If you put endgame content behind something where the primary challenge is to endure repetitiveness (like eve PvE, for example) then it diminishes the value of it and isn't really endgame content at all any more.

Feel free to disagree...

3 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Some of the people who have plasma are literally getting up at 3am for fights, taking the day off work, etc..  this is endgame content and the people who want it without putting the effort in want it on easy mode.

Compared with what you have to do at the moment to get a plasma, no amount of the current PvE in the game could ever compare with it.  PvE is just mining and trucking stuff about, perhaps occasionally getting exploded because you can't run away fast enough.

IMO endgame means competing against other players for something.  If you put endgame content behind something where the primary challenge is to endure repetitiveness (like eve PvE, for example) then it diminishes the value of it and isn't really endgame content at all any more.

Feel free to disagree...

You don't have to think that everyone should play the way you want.  This game is not about PVP, no matter how much I would like it. PVP in DU is for a big fan, that's why not so many people participate in it.

And even if someone is ready to give up everything, work, family, (I'm exaggerating, of course) and not sleep at night to fight for plasma, this is his personal business.  This does not mean that other players should do the same.  For you, plasma is the pinnacle of progress in the game.  For me, this is just one of the tools for a comfortable long-term gameplay, no matter what I do in the game, and there is a lot to do here. Resource extraction is only a small part.  And I don't need plasma. I need warp beacons. If you think that plasma is the only thing that makes a PVP game, I can assure you this is the most depressing incentive.

I don't think NQ's intent is for Plasma to only be available to people who PVP.  I think they want to give PVP players something fun to do, and a way to earn Quanta.

If none of the plasma finds its way into the market, then NQ might need to reconsider.

If those holding the Plasma don't want to sell it, then just keep increasing the cost of ammo until they don't have a choice.  😁

Here's a thought: what if plasmas were craftable by large quantities of high-tier materials? Similarly to CCP's response to OTEC when one conglomerate of entities monopolized most fo the technetium moons. Basically you could do "unrefined" reactions that would make intermediate components that normally needed technetium with larger quantities of non-technetium materials. Ideally holding a core should be the best source of plasma but this would help counteract a "snowball effect" where the only entity in game holding the cores is the only one with ostensibly more effective exotic elements.

1 hour ago, reggamm said:

You don't have to think that everyone should play the way you want.  This game is not about PVP, no matter how much I would like it. PVP in DU is for a big fan, that's why not so many people participate in it.

And even if someone is ready to give up everything, work, family, (I'm exaggerating, of course) and not sleep at night to fight for plasma, this is his personal business.  This does not mean that other players should do the same.  For you, plasma is the pinnacle of progress in the game.  For me, this is just one of the tools for a comfortable long-term gameplay, no matter what I do in the game, and there is a lot to do here. Resource extraction is only a small part.  And I don't need plasma. I need warp beacons. If you think that plasma is the only thing that makes a PVP game, I can assure you this is the most depressing incentive.

You don't need warp beacons either.  You just want one.  Get a ship and fight for it or get in line and buy one off the market.

23 minutes ago, Talocan said:

Here's a thought: what if plasmas were craftable by large quantities of high-tier materials? Similarly to CCP's response to OTEC when one conglomerate of entities monopolized most fo the technetium moons. Basically you could do "unrefined" reactions that would make intermediate components that normally needed technetium with larger quantities of non-technetium materials. Ideally holding a core should be the best source of plasma but this would help counteract a "snowball effect" where the only entity in game holding the cores is the only one with ostensibly more effective exotic elements.

Are you talking about Alchemy here?  Wasn't that a feature that was broken because everyone was using an item duping bug in their refineries that CCP didn't know about so the calculations they used to work out the quantities was completely off.  I don't think anyone actually used that feature did they?

People also seem to think that there is just one entity holding all the plasma in the game.  What do you think the members of Legion would do if the alliance just sat on it all and kept everything like that?  Do you think that they could keep doing that forever without people deciding not to show up to defend it?  Do you think Lodestar could?

Plasma is a group activity which means whoever the group is who gets it they will eventually need to distribute it one way or another in order to keep their members happy.  So regardless of who controls these things it's just a matter of time before they become widely available because either one group will be selling a lot of it or a lot of people will have some.  And the same was true for OTEC -- the Mittani could control the price of technetium to some extent but not completely and it would never have been possible to completely stop the flow of it as the members of the alliances defending the moons would eventually want to get some of the rewards for that.

8 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

You don't need warp beacons either.  You just want one.  Get a ship and fight for it or get in line and buy one off the market.

Two statements and both are wrong. I know better what I need and in what quantity.

9 hours ago, Talocan said:

Not a bad idea. The core makes plasma extraction with the least effort. The ability to make is also interesting, but I would add the ability to find plasma or high-level items at points of interest that drop out randomly in dangerous space, this will add meaning to look for abandoned objects that few people need now.  For large corporations, this will not provide interest, but for small ones it will.

Delusions and nonsense.

It's held by an alliance. If you don't understand what alliance means I suggest googling it.

It is currently held by 5 orgs, all of whom clearly have super active members if they've been able to hold it.

So here you have 5 super active orgs with members who all want the plasma that only comes into the game at 2/day. 

No one in any game would willingly give up not only a monopoly but resources they are currently still giving to their own members who earn it. Let me repeat this. THE RESOURCE IS BEING USED, WHY WOULD WE GIVE IT OUT TO OTHER PEOPLE?????????

As with beta, when the WINNERS have enough they're satisfied with their EARNED resources it is likely it will become available just like it did in beta. At set prices set by the WINNERS. You see how this works? If you control the point you get just that...control.

I'd also like to mention. A second ALLIANCE, one that basically mass recruited everyone in the universe did successfully take and hold the core, they have plasma. Plasma exists outside legions control. Go and ask them for plasma/access to their beacon. When they tell you no chance, go earn it your self you'll realise its not just "one group" nonsense.

Edit : If this other "alliance" actually gave their plasma to the community maybe their members would be more likely to come contest it but we all know where that plasma is going ;)

Edited by VarietyMMOs
Proving a point