Could we get rid of those scam?

Leniver

Hello,

I know that for some people it's OK to scam others. But NQ should at least give us tools to filter those scams.
Many people are complaining about the game not having enough player, not sure that this type of gameplay push new player to get interested into the game.

Again, I don't complain for myself but to keep the game healthy and bring in new players.

@NQ

• give us a way to ignore all the buy order below a certain amount in the settings
  • the first time you open the market in the game (for new player) the player has a "help" message telling him that he can set default filters. (maybe also the reason why)

image.png.3535f059cd28f07690e21f5dcabb7846.png

Kind regards

Why is 'sort by price descending' not a good way to filter the scams?  Are you really suggesting there should be some sort of 'filter scams' button so only the people who want to be scammed will get scammed?  Or that the game should be some sort of safe space where scammers are not allowed?

A minimum of 1ℏ baseline per unit baked into any purchase order would make blanket scamming MUCH less profitable.

putting an order for 10,000,000 of anything should cost the player at least 10,000,000 ℏ, IMO.

It would still be possible to scam, but it would be far less prevalent.

But now I'm going against my own advice and posting suggestions.

...which is about a useful as a knitted condom in these forums.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:04 PM, Leniver said:

Hello,

I know that for some people it's OK to scam others. But NQ should at least give us tools to filter those scams.
Many people are complaining about the game not having enough player, not sure that this type of gameplay push new player to get interested into the game.

Again, I don't complain for myself but to keep the game healthy and bring in new players.

@NQ

• give us a way to ignore all the buy order below a certain amount in the settings
  • the first time you open the market in the game (for new player) the player has a "help" message telling him that he can set default filters. (maybe also the reason why)

image.png.3535f059cd28f07690e21f5dcabb7846.png

Kind regards

i don't see any scam. do you know definition of scam? scam means that you deceive other person, for example you put item on ebay, saying you are selling headlight for Ferrari F430 and price is 1500gbp, but you're actually selling a cheap chinese made bicycle light that looks like Ferrari's headlight, but is actually battery powered toy with like 1w lightbulb in it. So someone looking at it on pictures, would have no idea it's fake, so they buy and get scammed. that's what SCAM means.

i don't even know what you show on this pic, that someone has put buy order for 0 quantas? how is that scam? one must be dumb to insta sell something for 0, its your own fault for not paying attention to what you're doing. it has NOTHING to do with new players, it's common sense. every market (in real or game) works the same, people can insert whatever price they want.

in fact i think it's good for filtering out dumb people, if they insta sell for 0 and then rage quit, good riddens! at least we get rid of them fast. i have NEVER fell for any of those "scams" in any game or in real, because i pay attention to what i'm doing. even when buying on ebay, i carefully inspect the item images and description and most of all, i check seller's feedback and rating. i'd never buy from anyone on ebay who has less than 95% rating and must have minimum of 50 sales.

in-game you don't have to worry about rating and amount of sales, because you can't scam with a listing, if you look what you buy and sell, then you get exactly what you are selling or buying for the exact amount you agree to. you can't list one item and sell another in DU, so in a game its much simpler than in real life.

no idea why people complain, only thing i don't like, is the market bots that auto-list stuff, that's something i hate in every game, because it makes it hard for normal players to make profits by trading. i've seen some serious market "flips". for example at some point all dispensers were bought off on all markets, i had few laying around and i sold them for 120k each just for the sake of it, when really they are worth no more than 50k. i see this with many items, someone buys out everything and then a day or two later lists them for a lot higher price, if it's done by a person, that's fine, but when it's done by a bot .. NOT ok, because humans can't compete with bots. a bot can make thousands of transactions in a minute, while human can make maybe like 1 normal transaction (assuming he/she checks to make sure everything checks out before buying/selling).

8 minutes ago, Sethioz said:

only thing i don't like, is the market bots that auto-list stuff, that's something i hate in every game, because it makes it hard for normal players to make profits by trading. i've seen some serious market "flips". for example at some point all dispensers were bought off on all markets, i had few laying around and i sold them for 120k each just for the sake of it, when really they are worth no more than 50k. i see this with many items, someone buys out everything and then a day or two later lists them for a lot higher price, if it's done by a person, that's fine, but when it's done by a bot .. NOT ok, because humans can't compete with bots. a bot can make thousands of transactions in a minute, while human can make maybe like 1 normal transaction (assuming he/she checks to make sure everything checks out before buying/selling).

There are no such automated bots in DU

6 hours ago, Sethioz said:

in fact i think it's good for filtering out dumb people, if they insta sell for 0 and then rage quit, good riddens! at least we get rid of them fast. i have NEVER fell for any of those "scams" in any game or in real, because i pay attention to what i'm doing.

Eh, I don't have any respect for this idea that scam victims deserve what they get for being "dumb", especially in real life.

It is not a matter of "paying attention". Which...speaking of paying attention, it's "good riddance", not "good riddens". 

I hope you don't take offense to this correction -- after all, you're the one that thinks it's okay to punish people for being "dumb". 🤷‍♂️

I don't know where you are in your life to believe that scam victims just aren't paying attention, but this attitude strikes me as naive and heartless.

Ignorance is not stupidity (not knowing how to spell good riddance is not stupidity, it's ignorance) and even if it were...being stupid doesn't justify jack shit, because being intelligent isn't something you've earned in any real sense. Some people have disabilities, some haven't had an opportunity to get a quality education, and some are just trusting or ignorant.

What sort of attitude is this, anyway...? For a game with few players to be like "let's celebrate dumb people quitting" is...well, good luck with that.

That's the OP's point...if DU wants to retain new players, it needs to focus on easy wins like this to improve UX across the board. 

17 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Eh, I don't have any respect for this idea that scam victims deserve what they get for being "dumb", especially in real life.

It is not a matter of "paying attention". Which...speaking of paying attention, it's "good riddance", not "good riddens". 

I hope you don't take offense to this correction -- after all, you're the one that thinks it's okay to punish people for being "dumb". 🤷‍♂️

I don't know where you are in your life to believe that scam victims just aren't paying attention, but this attitude strikes me as naive and heartless.

Ignorance is not stupidity (not knowing how to spell good riddance is not stupidity, it's ignorance) and even if it were...being stupid doesn't justify jack shit, because being intelligent isn't something you've earned in any real sense. Some people have disabilities, some haven't had an opportunity to get a quality education, and some are just trusting or ignorant.

What sort of attitude is this, anyway...? For a game with few players to be like "let's celebrate dumb people quitting" is...well, good luck with that.

That's the OP's point...if DU wants to retain new players, it needs to focus on easy wins like this to improve UX across the board. 

i wouldn't expect dumb people to understand this, it's not like monkeys understand that they are dumb, in their eyes humans are dumb. if scammer tells you complete NONSENSE that makes 0 logical sense and you follow their non logical steps and give them your credit card info, your name and address and then they use it to spend your money, that's 100% YOUR FAULT. i have NEVER fell for any dumb scams, because this is what they are -- DUMB! for me noticing a scam, is as easy as being able to tell difference between cat and dog.

but dumb people always blame others in their own incompetence, they slip and fall and then they blame others. i have never slipped or fell in my entire life, because i look where i step .. while i've seen lot of dumb people who literally walk into an open manhole and then whine and blame everyone else except themselves. how about you just open your eyes and LOOK where you step?

yet another mistake that all dumb people make, is thinking that spelling or language skills have anything to do with intelligence. being dumb or intelligent has NOTHING to do with spelling or how many languages you speak, knowledge and intelligence are completely different things. however dumb people always think they're the same, they think that all intelligent people use correct spelling and wording, that's as wrong as it can be and that's why only dumb people think that way.

just because someone can speak 10 languages flawlessly, does not make that person intelligent. one can graduate school and college with highest grades and still be an idiot, none of this has anything to do with intelligence.

for example, Einstein never saw internet or smart phones, but if somehow you could bring him from past to present day, i can guarantee you that he would not fall for some nonsense scam where scammer calls and talks complete nonsense that literally makes 0 logical sense. even tho Einstein has never seen any of this tech, he would use common sense and logic to understand what is going on. that's what intelligence means, its one's ability to understand things without any prior experience nor knowledge.

you call it scam when someone sets buy order for 0, explain to me again, how is that a scam? if you're so dumb that you just bash buttons and insta sell your stuff for 0 .. that's 100% YOUR OWN FAULT. stop blaming others for your own incompetence! take responsibility and learn from it. dumb people always keep falling for same things over and over and then they keep whining and whining ... how about you LEARN from your mistakes instead of whining? but nope ... i know my words are lost on you, if dumb people could learn, then they wouldn't be dumb anymore. being dumb means that you have disability to learn, just like it's impossible to teach dog to use a computer, it's impossible to teach common sense.

another big issue with dumb people, is that they always RUSH, they never pay attention to what they are doing, they never read description or any information, they just RUSH RUSH RUSH and then whine if something goes wrong. it's completely 100% their own fault. if you don't pay attention to what you're doing and you cause yourself a problem because of that, then it's exactly that -- your own doing, YOU did this to yourself.

you also failed to read anything i even said, you took couple of sentences and then bash on those. one sentence can change its entire meaning if you fail to read the rest. i specifically describe what is SCAM and what is your own fault. i specifically said that if you order something from ebay or amazon and they send you wrong product, that's scam and there's no possible way you could have known this, but if item description specifically says what it is, yet you still buy and then whine, that's NOT scam, that's your own fault for not pay attenltion to what you're buying.

SAME thing goes for in-game market -- it's your own responsibility to pay attention to what you are selling and buying. stop blaming others for your own incompetence, it's not other people's problem that you sell something for 0. listing is very clear, if you fail to notice that, then you're the problem.

i honestly dont know why i even wasted my time writing this, i know you will respond with an insult or non logical arguement, because you're not capable for anything more advanced.

that's why there's a saying "you can't fix stupid", because you literally can't. its just not possible to teach common sense to someone who doesn't have it. unfortunate, but true.

Edited by Sethioz

On 1/28/2023 at 1:44 AM, Sethioz said:

but dumb people always blame others in their own incompetence, they slip and fall and then they blame others. i have never slipped or fell in my entire life, because i look where i step .. while i've seen lot of dumb people who literally walk into an open manhole and then whine and blame everyone else except themselves. how about you just open your eyes and LOOK where you step?

Personally, i think an intelligent person would see the obvious danger in leaving the cover off a manhole and focus on solving the simple problem.   Rather than patting themselves on the back for not falling into it themselves.

A truly intelligent person would be confident enough in their own intelligence that they wouldn't want to set other people up for failure just to make themselves feel a bit smarter.

I think that the sandbox should allow people to commit fraud within game mechanics, but 0 quanta buy orders are still dumb. At that point you're not buying anything, you're asking for handouts. Jinxed's suggestion has merit, but is countered by putting up a buy order for 10 of the item instead of 10 million.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:29 AM, Sethioz said:

i don't see any scam. do you know definition of scam? scam means that you deceive other person, for example you put item on ebay, saying you are selling headlight for Ferrari F430 and price is 1500gbp, but you're actually selling a cheap chinese made bicycle light that looks like Ferrari's headlight, but is actually battery powered toy with like 1w lightbulb in it. So someone looking at it on pictures, would have no idea it's fake, so they buy and get scammed. that's what SCAM means.

i don't even know what you show on this pic, that someone has put buy order for 0 quantas? how is that scam? one must be dumb to insta sell something for 0, its your own fault for not paying attention to what you're doing. it has NOTHING to do with new players, it's common sense. every market (in real or game) works the same, people can insert whatever price they want.

in fact i think it's good for filtering out dumb people, if they insta sell for 0 and then rage quit, good riddens! at least we get rid of them fast. i have NEVER fell for any of those "scams" in any game or in real, because i pay attention to what i'm doing. even when buying on ebay, i carefully inspect the item images and description and most of all, i check seller's feedback and rating. i'd never buy from anyone on ebay who has less than 95% rating and must have minimum of 50 sales.

in-game you don't have to worry about rating and amount of sales, because you can't scam with a listing, if you look what you buy and sell, then you get exactly what you are selling or buying for the exact amount you agree to. you can't list one item and sell another in DU, so in a game its much simpler than in real life.

no idea why people complain, only thing i don't like, is the market bots that auto-list stuff, that's something i hate in every game, because it makes it hard for normal players to make profits by trading. i've seen some serious market "flips". for example at some point all dispensers were bought off on all markets, i had few laying around and i sold them for 120k each just for the sake of it, when really they are worth no more than 50k. i see this with many items, someone buys out everything and then a day or two later lists them for a lot higher price, if it's done by a person, that's fine, but when it's done by a bot .. NOT ok, because humans can't compete with bots. a bot can make thousands of transactions in a minute, while human can make maybe like 1 normal transaction (assuming he/she checks to make sure everything checks out before buying/selling).

Do you believe misleading is not fraud? let's assume this is so. But I personally have heard many times from other people that they accidentally fell for this trick. This is especially true for beginners.  I don't understand why the market is anonymous, let everyone sell goods from himself or his corporation. That would be fair. Whitelists and blacklists are also useful. 

And in order to have fewer such errors, it is enough to enter a delay of 1 minute to cancel the operation.