Idea: In-game Mailbox?

DBxWanderer

On 1/24/2023 at 5:57 PM, DBxWanderer said:

I'd like to send a message to people so that they can see it next time they log on.

yeah that's good idea, but this also means their staff will be able to read all of those messages at any time .. altho i guess they keep logs anyways.

4 hours ago, Jinxed said:

GLWT: This game doesn't have one minute of chat history even for the general chat channel. 

works fine for me, i can scroll up to a point when i logged in. if i play for 5 hours, then there will be "5 hours" of chat.

how do you even define "one minute of chat histroy" ??? in one minute you can have 0 messages or you can have 1000 messages, chat is not time based, nothing gets deleted. chat gets cleared only if you relog, so you wont be able to see older messages, as long as you are logged in, you can scroll up to a point when you logged in.

Well, when I log in, I can’t even scroll back ten seconds. 
Like I said, chat has no memory.

To put it another way, only people’s clients keep a local record in RAM which is pretty much the definition of a *BAD IDEA(TM). Nothing is accessible by the player from the server. 

I stopped playing the game about 2 years ago. But I still watch the forums for entertainment.

The point that they still have not implemented some way of messaging in an MMO which NQ wants to be the "next big thing" is mind boggling to me.

That is like the most basic feature in an MMO ever. Yet after several years of development it still doesn't exist.

And these people want to do a "3d blogging" stuff or something.

SMH