DUAL UNIVERSE: WHAT'S COMING NEXT

NQ-Wanderer

Regarding PVE:

1, Have the PVE encounters located via te Dsat.  (Dsats are heavy and bulky and will require players to bring a riskier ship to the encounter). (even going as far as needing a Dsat to find a wormhole back to normal space once the encounter is over)

2, Once the encounter is pinpointed, Have it take warp cells to warp to the actual combat area (again a warp drive is heavy and bulky requiring a riskier ship) Also requiring warp cells deletes Ore from the game.

3, High AI shields requires more ammo to be shot. More ammo being shot deletes ore from the game. 

4, Rewards need to be not ore, not elements. At least not mainly. As these PVE encounters should be a way for you to delete these items from the game. So you need to come up with a reward that is not these. IE, Skill books, Special ammo, Alien skinned elements (not necessarily better then the equivalent element, Just a new skin that only be gotten in these encounters), A briefcase with quanta, Schematics,  This is one of the reasons I suggested Augments to the game years ago. As encounters like these is where you could payout in augments. (augments being each element has a couple open slots on it, and each slot a player could put say +1% to fuel efficiency on say an engine, or +2% to speed on a refiner, or x% lift on a wing.) Basically augments are a way to reward player without imbalancing the rest of the game with Quanta or Ore. 

30 minutes ago, RugesV said:

Regarding PVE:

Option 2, make it simple and make it possible to canabalize the npc ship so new players actually have something to do and not first work their asses of to get a dsat warp ultra ship. Since we dont get crashed ships on planets (missed opertunity) atleast make these npc ships a possibility in safe space for early players, sure make it harder and harder for older players and give them a mark I-IVm gradation on difficulty and reward.

9 hours ago, Distinct Mint said:

Such drama - its there for all to see. A player run round table that NQ were invited to, and kindly attended on their days off.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1700627641

Thank you for the link. It sounded to me like NQ had organised it or had it take place somewhere, because one never heard about it in the news. That's probably also the reason why one doesn't find anything about it.

But since employees do this in their spare time and thus avoid the accusation of favouring players and don't speak for the company, that is of course something else.

2 hours ago, RugesV said:

Regarding PVE:

The entire f**** point of having PvE is to give players a more casual way to engage in battle. Something that everyone can do when they feel like it, without the time and resource commitment of PvP.

Requiring warp etc. for PvE would only make sense for some kind of late game "boss fight" PvE mission.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:04 PM, Hagbard said:

in case i did not make it clear enough above, that would be what i suggested above. one fuel hub, linking up to 10 fuel tanks of the same fuel type, requiring only 1 link to the control unit. obviously, it should act like a container hub , just for fuel tanks as well..

I think there are separate problems: control links (which is a more general problem), and access to multiple fuel tanks for refueling.

I'd like to see some sort of control-hub to fix the first problem in a more general way than just fixing fuel tank links. The whole "wiring" architecture is insane from any kind of lore point of view (haven't these guys ever heard of a serial bus?!), and should be rethought in a way that maintains the desired balance restrictions but addresses the pain points.

For the second problem I'd like to see a fuel-pump element which can move fuel between tanks. It could have some basic modes that don't require lua (auto-balance, explicit percentages, manual activation, activation when fuel goes above/below a level), but could also have a lua interface for complete control. Then we could actually build ships in a way that manages the physical layout constraints of mass and volume, but still have a way to move fuel around.

I really don't like the idea of a hand-wavey fuel hub that magically distributes fuel (and presumably fuel mass) around the tanks (any more for that matter than I like the actual container hub!)

9 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

@NQ-Deckard When is the rest of the community invited for these talks? Or is it custom to talk to the "aggressors" in a game and not to their victims/ players without the urge to kill other players?

Given that the PvP community got together, created the event, invited people from DU *and streamed the whole thing so you can see exactly what happened*, I imagine you'll get your invite when you quit whining and organise an event for yourself and any other self proclaimed victims who want to join in.

Seriously, the round table event got explained a couple of times up there in the comments.

16 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

No as there should be NO players at that table since when it was proposed to have a general representation so including PVE or Non-PvP players it was scattled.

If this is the way to show that Only PvP players are actually worth listening too, job well done. If not, you know where to find me and other players for an invite to the table ;) 

16 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

@NQ-Deckard When is the rest of the community invited for these talks? Or is it custom to talk to the "aggressors" in a game and not to their victims/ players without the urge to kill other players?

Ah yes Aaron Cain, I feel like if they hosted a round table on Chess, the Hop scotch players probably shouldn't be involved much. The PVP round table was put together for the pvpers, and it literally existed for those pvpers to give feedback. Which they did. And the best part is, all of the PVPERs wanted balance in pvp not 'destroy the pacifists'. We understand that over-fishing hurts the fish numbers... we don't want that. 

And the PVPERs... organized it. You can organize your own round table. :)

15 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

The entire f**** point of having PvE is to give players a more casual way to engage in battle. Something that everyone can do when they feel like it, without the time and resource commitment of PvP.

Requiring warp etc. for PvE would only make sense for some kind of late game "boss fight" PvE mission.

by all means have some VR PVE missions where it cost nothing and quanta is the reward. So new players can try out PVE before they even try out PVE.  But dont act like what I suggest is some overbearing wall that will prevent casuals from getting into the content. 

With the current daily login of 100k. bluse the 525k from daily challenges. a player can earn 625k per day. Add in a PVE challengs for 500k. and a player can make 1,125,000 quanta a day.  You can build a basic compotent ship with that. For 1.6 million you can by one off the UEF shop.  And really a player should spend atleast 10 days training up some basic combat skills.  Giving them 16 million to spend on a very competent ship to PVE in. 

We can all agree there needs to be a resource sink in game. Your not going to get that through players getting there ships blown up through PVE or even PVP interactions. But if you put that sink in the form of ammo and warp cells ( Ammo consumes all T1 resources and a bit of T2 with advanced ammo taking T1-T3 resources. Same with warp cells taking T1-T3 resources.)  And having the resource sink in ammo and warp cells is better then the alternative of blown up ships. Or do you think casuals will enjoy there ship getting blown up every other time they go into PVE battles? 

But I am looking at the game as a whole. and if PVE can be the resource sink with a quanta reward so players then spend that quanta back on the market. That sounds healthier for the game in the long run. And the wall to get into it is not some insurmountable wall that casual players cannot get into. 

On 1/16/2023 at 3:47 PM, NQ-Wanderer said:

, and potentially restricting the ability to remove cargo while in combat. Stay tuned for more exciting developments on PvP.

So first of all, I watched the roundtables, and I have to adjust my standpoint a bit. It is cool stuff discussed there. 

But the PVP forum here is empty, no guides (or very outdated) the wording here is fish, targets etc. and all that comes from NQ is restricting cargo removal.

See I don’t mind to be an opponent but I dont want to be helpless just because I don't have a PVP proposed ship. So I like the point of more defensive options. 

Watching YT videos, non PVP-fitted ships seem to be exactly what you say: targets or fish. And for me the point is not loosing ships, ore, elements or quanta. The problem is, for me- and that was addressed in the round table as well- time. My Risk is loosing hours of real lifetime: Tracking, Flying, Mining, Flying back. - Time. See I have BP's and a alot Spaceship elements in my containers, I can pop up new ships in Minutes and replace my loss. But it takes hours again to get back and continue where I failed. 

And I think here is something in common. PVP need a lot time flying arround and find targets, PVE need hours to achieve something. Everbody wants some progress ingame in trade for the real lifetime we donate,

What ever You do regarding the more interessting gameplay-aspects - it is very very time consuming, in my opinion.

anyway

Fly safe o7

On 1/18/2023 at 7:06 PM, Zeddrick said:

self proclaimed victims

lol, dont victimize me here. keep that stuff far away from DU, the world is messed up enough by the snowflake generation already.

There is no issue with the roundtable its a great event and well thougt and organized, the issue is that PvE delegations get a kick in the butt if they want to discuss with NQ. Maybe times changed since last attempt

4 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

lol, dont victimize me here. keep that stuff far away from DU, the world is messed up enough by the snowflake generation already.

I think it was you who victimised you when you said " When is the rest of the community invited for these talks? Or is it custom to talk to the "aggressors" in a game and not to their victims" , which is why I said 'self proclaimed'.

4 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

There is no issue with the roundtable its a great event and well thougt and organized, the issue is that PvE delegations get a kick in the butt if they want to discuss with NQ. Maybe times changed since last attempt

Thing is, the PvP round table would have gone ahead with or without NQ.  They were invited.  You could organise whatever round table you like regardless of whether or not they show.  If it's popular they would definitely come to a second one.

You seem to want someone else to do it all for you.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, CptLoRes said:

I bet a large part of why this was announced now, was to try and stop the subscription bleeding.

Looking at the new features list you can clearly see they have cherry picked some long standing and frequently requested features that would be relatively easy to implement. Only PvE stands out as something that would require actual dev work.

And the next question now is many times you are going to be refreshing your subscription before the features are delivered, and what shape they will be in when released.

We will say that it is never too late to do things that the community asks for.

Even if I reduce my participation to only one account, I think I will continue to stay sub as long as the game is online. Unfortunately we won't really be able to say that I actively play Dual Universe, but I have so many games to retrieve from the last 10 years that I don't get bored when I'm on my computer.

I'll have put up with the MMO I wish I had as long as there isn't another with better promise that comes along (Riot I'm looking at you).

In the meantime, I can continue to make fun of these other tasteless F2P/P2W/P2F games that waste players' time and/or money.

" 'Fuel Intake' able to act as a proxy for a single fuel tank."

Lots of readers have misunderstood.

The fuel intake (that little door) is going to be used as a remote fueling point for a Single tank, it isnt going to link multiple tanks together.

The benefit is, you can put your tanks all over the ship but have a "wall"  of fuel intakes, one for each tank, in a convenient place, say the bridge/pilot room.

• 4 weeks later...

Why do we need 5 types of space fuel at all? It would make sense if the fuel had different weights. What is important for PVP. Or it differed in consumption per liters per hour. If the weight is the same and the consumption is the same, it is enough that the fuel is made from different components. Alternatively, you can add a distillation method from one to another to the production. 
Today there are no advantages from different types of fuel in the game.

Edited by reggamm