Survey: The State of DU's Launch

CodeInfused

Hey Noveans :) I'm working on a video, and I'd like to put forth a short survey. I want to know your honest most favorite thing and most hated thing about Dual Universe. Pick only one thing for each side. And I'm doing this in an odd way, I'm requesting for anyone who wants to share their answer to submit it directly to me by direct message. Your responses will be private, and your name will not be shown in the video nor given to anyone else. I want to encourage completely honest answers, as I try to gauge the state of DU's launch. I'll keep collecting answers until Tuesday the 10th.

EDIT: 

To be clear, feel free to discuss in this thread, but conversational comments from here wouldn't be considered as a part of the survey. Thanks! 

FYI, I very likely won't respond to these messages.. not sure how many participants I'll get.

I expect you'll find:

A: Few if any people want to DM you directly

B: No matter how you collect feedback, there's not nearly enough results for it to be meaningful. 

I don't understand why you're mandating how you get results and have decided that only DMs will count...

Don't see why you expect people to do this, what benefit it has, or why you expect to get more than a small handful of replies this way...for a clearly unscientific / unofficial survey whose entire purpose is apparently for your video content...? 

If you want to use the forum, use it for a discussion...no one cares about your video "assessing the state of DU's launch", your "deadline" for replies, or your arbitrary demand that we DM you instead of using the forum to discuss.

But hey I'm sure the one person that bothers to DM you will enjoy that video. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Endstar said:

reading the above... one person enjoying the videos... Maybe look before you guess. Code makes great content and the views prove that. image.thumb.png.2d8e75a2e2ba82a4e02e09928b13723b.png

I said "the one person that bothers to DM you...", not that one person will view the content. Perhaps you should double check what I'm saying before you guess. 

But that's not really the point, I don't care one way or the other about this person's content or if it's good or bad or if it has a few thousand views or a few million.

What I have an issue with is coming into a forum and demanding that people only DM you and declaring you'll ignore comments...in a forum.

So it clearly wasn't about discussion at all for the OP, it was about everyone else doing stuff for the sake of this person's YouTube channel. 

I think it's arrogant to do a "survey" that was never going to have enough replies to mean jack anyway in this sort of way...again, don't care about this person's youtube channel or if it's good or bad because that isn't the point. 

4 hours ago, blundertwink said:

I said "the one person that bothers to DM you...", not that one person will view the content. Perhaps you should double check what I'm saying before you guess. 

But that's not really the point, I don't care one way or the other about this person's content or if it's good or bad or if it has a few thousand views or a few million.

What I have an issue with is coming into a forum and demanding that people only DM you and declaring you'll ignore comments...in a forum.

So it clearly wasn't about discussion at all for the OP, it was about everyone else doing stuff for the sake of this person's YouTube channel. 

I think it's arrogant to do a "survey" that was never going to have enough replies to mean jack anyway in this sort of way...again, don't care about this person's youtube channel or if it's good or bad because that isn't the point. 

All fair points honestly. And I never demanded responses, why/how would I even? I'm asking for people's opinions :)

The reason I'm asking for direct messages and not conversational threads is several reasons actually. 1) Some people may want their answers to be private and not discussed. 2) Some people enjoy being lurkers and don't want to have a conversation. 3) I could use a 3rd party website to conduct a survey, but I'd likely get less traction that route. 4) In a forum thread, it can be derailed because someone decides to troll the responses of people just answering their thoughts. Thanks for being the case in point :)DMs solve all of the above.

2 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Codeinfused is a deeply respected member of the DU community. He will receive plenty of responses, so many in fact that he was politely notifying folks in advance that he might not have time to respond to every message individually. Participate or don't, that is your choice.

Weird. I just reread the OP and he/she is indeed asking for PMs only and either will or will not disregard anything we write in the thread. 

“Feel free to discuss…”. Thanks for giving us permission to use the forums. 😉

considering only about a dozen of us post here with any regukarity, I doubt the responses will be numerous enough to make the “survey” anything other than a collection of a few random anecdotes from embittered players/former players… and Msoul.  

but, good luck, I guess. 

I would say, “Feel free to ignore my opinions I posted above” but giving you permission would likely be redundant. 

5 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

“Feel free to discuss…”. Thanks for giving us permission to use the forums. 😉

That is pretty funny, heh. Not the intention in my phrasing, as if I can overlord the forums or something. Just a colloquialism I use too often :)

15 hours ago, CodeInfused said:

That is pretty funny, heh. Not the intention in my phrasing, as if I can overlord the forums or something. Just a colloquialism I use too often :)

Sorry for being facetious ... That's an unappealing character trait that I display all to often of late!!! 

• 2 weeks later...