Whats coming next now that 1.2 has been delivered?

Pleione

3 hours ago, XKentX said:

Do you even think there is still any kind of development ? They "release" stuff that was already there.

I mean look at the numbers, steam averages like 60-70 players and around 120 peak (I know I know, steam is not all but it's a good indicator). 

There is no financial initiative to develop DU at this point. Forget about the server costs, whole steam playerbase can't pay 1 good dev salary. Moreover, DU has a very negative outlook for players who left for one reason or another and it's harder to "bring people back" then just go on and create a new game (probably taking and burning another kickstarter money due to incompetence).

They basically confirmed it, if you're looking closely. 

NQ's CEO mentioned a new product in November of last year, a 3d Blogging platform. There should be no question that NQ is devoting resources to other projects, because that's what their CEO says. 

So your sub money isn't likely going to be going to improving DU...it will be diverted to a web3 metaverse project if anything. This is likely what a lot of sub money has been going to for a while, now...but I am just speculating based on the CEO's own statement as it was posted publicly. 

I've posted a screen shot here because the future of NQ as a company is highly relevant to the direction of DU and it's highly relevant to "what's coming next". 

Here's what's coming next: 

image.thumb.png.24b7fd63d5c5ccd86393da3f38175ee8.png

Edit: PS, this idea that NQ will be using DU as a "tech demo" and showcasing other players creations for the benefit of their blockchain/web3 crap...well, basically true. 

Edited by blundertwink

5 hours ago, blundertwink said:

So your sub money isn't likely going to be going to improving DU...it will be diverted to a web3 metaverse project if anything. This is likely what a lot of sub money has been going to for a while, now...but I am just speculating based on the CEO's own statement as it was posted publicly. 

There was ever a lot of sub money?

18 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

There was ever a lot of sub money?

🤷‍♂️

Clearly it was never a lot. 😅

I think the point is that even NQ isn't focused on DU's future.

So the answer to "what's next?" is very simply: "a project other than DU". The CEO is spelling this out clearly (IMO), even if they don't want to announce it here. 

To those that enjoy the game by all means keep playing, but don't pretend sub money is going to improve DU or that the game will have major changes. 

New players especially should understand that as of right now there's no evidence to suggest NQ is going to keep developing DU in any meaningful way, and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Of course I could be wrong, but it's on NQ to clarify the statements by their own CEO and the lack of any updates or information in general since the last patch. 

I get that people have been doom and gloom for a long time and talking about how DU is "dead"...but at this point the writing is very literally on the wall. They are moving on to new projects and naysayers should get over it since it's "just a game". 

NQ seems to be all but done with DU, but they will milk remaining players for every penny they are worth and use player creations to promote other projects as "proof" of their great tech.

I wouldn't care enough to rant this long if they were at least somewhat honest with their players, but it's very likely that NQ ditched major dev on DU months ago to work on other projects. That's the final cherry on top of the "NQ treats its customers oh so well" sundae.

Edited by blundertwink

8 hours ago, blundertwink said:

🤷‍♂️

Clearly it was never a lot. 😅

I think the point is that even NQ isn't focused on DU's future.

So the answer to "what's next?" is very simply: "a project other than DU". The CEO is spelling this out clearly (IMO), even if they don't want to announce it here. 

To those that enjoy the game by all means keep playing, but don't pretend sub money is going to improve DU or that the game will have major changes. 

New players especially should understand that as of right now there's no evidence to suggest NQ is going to keep developing DU in any meaningful way, and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Of course I could be wrong, but it's on NQ to clarify the statements by their own CEO and the lack of any updates or information in general since the last patch. 

I get that people have been doom and gloom for a long time and talking about how DU is "dead"...but at this point the writing is very literally on the wall. They are moving on to new projects and naysayers should get over it since it's "just a game". 

NQ seems to be all but done with DU, but they will milk remaining players for every penny they are worth and use player creations to promote other projects as "proof" of their great tech.

I wouldn't care enough to rant this long if they were at least somewhat honest with their players, but it's very likely that NQ ditched major dev on DU months ago to work on other projects. That's the final cherry on top of the "NQ treats its customers oh so well" sundae.

Not wrong.  Perhaps we should all go on strike and refuse to build any more pretty stuff until the bugs are fixed?

14 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Its hard to tell without serious inside, but I think decision to only maintain DU just as useful "showcase" (for future project/s) was done much well before. My guess with failed Beta start, that on itself was rather "last ditch effort", everyone involved from inside knew its not gonna make it -- and JC removal half year later just formalized the reality on the ground. And they jumped for some plan B, leaving several devs to cover their "retreat" and maintain development simulacrum for players.

I have some modest experience in web projects (including failed ones) and can vividly imagine this crisis meetings and cynical ideas going on. Maybe its something I be doing myself in this situation. Lying to players/clients. Its how buisness work (no ideally, but realisticly happens with failing ones).

7 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

I have some modest experience in web projects (including failed ones) and can vividly imagine this crisis meetings and cynical ideas going on. Maybe its something I be doing myself in this situation. Lying to players/clients. Its how buisness work (no ideally, but realisticly happens with failing ones).

I do understand that this is how business works, sometimes -- I've been involved in a few failed startups, myself. The last time I was involved in a new/failed startup -- we also had a subscription model with a few users that could have been milked indefinitely. The CEO decided it was better to be honest, let those customers go, and shut it all down so that everyone could move on to new projects, including him. 

NQ's executive team (Nouredine as CEO and Granatino as president) are huge crypto/blockchain fans -- they believe that web3 is an inevitable, undeniable future. 

They never even believed that DU was a game to begin with. They literally call it a "user generated content" platform and insisted it wasn't their job to "make content" -- just scroll Nouredine's posts talking about DU!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they wanted DU to be a success, and I'd wager they kept most resources working on DU up until release....but when it bombed (and there can be no ambiguity that it did indeed bomb), I think priorities quickly changed to align with their personal goals, which they've probably wanted for a while. 

I also think that (to an extent) Nouredine is right...it's just a game, it's not anything to be too upset over. It isn't life shattering. 

That said...there are players that have invested a ton of time and energy into the community and their creations -- not to mention money.

This investment is because there's a reasonable implication that NQ is doing their part to maintain and improve the 4-month-old game.

If people believed that NQ was already all but done with DU, would they keep subbed? I do expect NQ has some level of resources still working on the game of course, but is it their main priority? Will they grow the game, or just maintain it? 

They whine and cry about how players are "mean" to them (for pointing out valid issues with every facet of the game 🤷‍♂️), but they don't seem keen on respecting their customers time or money when it counts. 

And of course I could be wrong, but if NQ isn't going to say anything to clarify, all we can do use go by the CEO's own comments, since there's no other updates about the game. 

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

They never even believed that DU was a game to begin with. the game. 

Problem with that, that during KS (and later) they presented the game and gathered money for the game, not some "content platform" or god forbid another metaverse nonsense.

Its like you paying for pizza in pizza restoraunt and when order comes, its some tiny 1 week old muffin. Sorry, mate, our kitchen road was quite windy : ) And also chief never believed he is making pizza.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:57 AM, Zeddrick said:

It worked with the wipe -- look at how many, myself included, said they wouldn't play after the wipe but still did anyway.

I wouldn't take this for a given thing. In my case its the opposite including those friends I had in close contact. There are just memories ... and some pictures.

but I'm proudly chapeaux to ourself, the players, now knowing that:    

We are named the community, "driving" the content creation with their space mmo voxel engine. Something.

..this obviously was true.

image.thumb.jpeg.479cbcbd07192414e8c8498711f0b276.jpeg

.. and cool

NQ is now on the rails to establish a virtual world, accessible via http, in which you can build and meet socially - and maybe also fly to the moon for a walk - psssssst: in your own ship !

Even with the ignorance and silence I constantly felt from NQ - I wish them the best. The light I've once seen in this game has been turned off unfortunately. And still I hang around here in the forums following the wrestle with NQ for DUGame going to die if they don't act freaking smart now.

I think, I feel NQ's intention. 

On 1/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, le_souriceau said:

Problem with that, that during KS (and later) they presented the game and gathered money for the game, not some "content platform" or god forbid another metaverse nonsense.

Its like you paying for pizza in pizza restoraunt and when order comes, its some tiny 1 week old muffin. Sorry, mate, our kitchen road was quite windy : ) And also chief never believed he is making pizza.

The kickstarter is a tiny percentage of the 21 million in funding they had so far.  We have no idea what they promised to the private funders who provided the rest.  It could have been 3D blogging and blockchain BS for all we know.

18 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

We have no idea what they promised to the private funders who provided the rest.  It could have been 3D blogging and blockchain BS for all we know.

Look at https://www.voxelfarm.com/index.html besides entertainment (games), they have an entire arm dedicated to "Geo-spatial and mining". It wouldn't surprise me at all if investors see the most revenue not coming from the entertainment arm, but from the mining arm. And not just on Earth, but imagine the moon, asteroids, Mars, etc. as new and profitable areas for using their tech. NQ might be using DU as a vessel for their tech in other industries, using DU for loadtesting and troubleshooting.