Ore Availability and Distribution

Aseennav

23 hours ago, Aseennav said:

It would be nice to have more specifics.

Sorry I don't have specifics but the devs have hinted that update 1.2 will include a few changes that will help with the ore situation. T1 fuel is probably one of them but if you are interested in finding out more then checkout NQ-Ripley's stream today. He will be going over parts of update 1.2 on twitch at 18:00 UTC.

image.png.f1e093c64ce177d49f1d653b0382dcbe.png

Edited by Msoul
For those who missed the stream here is the archived video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1677244023

5 hours ago, Msoul said:

T1 fuel is probably one of them...

T1 Space Fuel specifically. The T1 Space Fuel will require 90L Iron, 90L Coal, 90L Aluminum, and 90L Silicon (plus 40L Oxygen and 40L Hydrogen).

That means 9x as much T1 ore as T2 ore is needed to produce Space Fuel. So, currently it is still cheaper then T2 Space Fuel. So I expect less people making Space Fuel with T2 ore, that would mean more T2 ore available for other stuff, thus cheaper prices (due to less demand). T1 prices on the other hand would have significant more demand, thus prices will go up. I can see T2 going down to 100q/L and T1 going up to 12q/L (average) quite quickly (at Alioth Market 6).

We have a whole new planet (with 3 moons) coming out, even if T2+ tiles are not significantly more then the previous outer 'ring' planets, it is still a significant addition to the ore pool.

40 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

T1 Space Fuel specifically. The T1 Space Fuel will require 90L Iron, 90L Coal, 90L Aluminum, and 90L Silicon (plus 40L Oxygen and 40L Hydrogen).

That means 9x as much T1 ore as T2 ore is needed to produce Space Fuel. So, currently it is still cheaper then T2 Space Fuel. So I expect less people making Space Fuel with T2 ore, that would mean more T2 ore available for other stuff, thus cheaper prices (due to less demand). T1 prices on the other hand would have significant more demand, thus prices will go up. I can see T2 going down to 100q/L and T1 going up to 12q/L (average) quite quickly (at Alioth Market 6).

We have a whole new planet (with 3 moons) coming out, even if T2+ tiles are not significantly more then the previous outer 'ring' planets, it is still a significant addition to the ore pool.

Additionally, you won't need T2 pure schemes to make the materials for K5, just the space fuel schemes.
I also imagine that this may also reduce cost of rocket fuel with more T2 available to use for that vs. space.

Edited by Rokkur

Since we are talking about fuel again.
I have the same questions again and again.
1. Why space fuel weighs 6 times more than its ingredients. And in general, many times more than mineral ores and many refined ingots. Even more iron ore.
2. When we finally have ONE space fuel and not 4 different ones. If they add more cosmic fuel from T1, will there be 5 or 8 fuels?
3. If it doesn't work with recipes, when will it be possible to mix different types of space fuel in a tank?

1 hour ago, ColonkinYT said:

1. Why space fuel weighs 6 times more than its ingredients. And in general, many times more than mineral ores and many refined ingots. Even more iron ore.

What? You still haven't gotten onboard with Dual Universe's NQnian physics? Go back to DU university you pleb! Weight increase in space fuel is due to Deck-chlorians physically manifesting after they have gorged on stem bolts... The reason why they can't be in the same fuel tank is obvious, the Natron stem bolt eating Deck-chlorians hate the Limestone stem bolt eating Deck-chlorians, etc. If you combine them in the same fuel tank, you'll get a clogged fuel tank at best or an exploding fuel tank at worst (due to the massive foodfight). Many testpilots also complained about highpitch voices shouting "Natron stem bolts are better!" giving them a headache...

@NQ-Ripley We demand this be made cannon now! 😉

1 hour ago, Cergorach said:

What? You still haven't gotten onboard with Dual Universe's NQnian physics? Go back to DU university you pleb! Weight increase in space fuel is due to Deck-chlorians physically manifesting after they have gorged on stem bolts... The reason why they can't be in the same fuel tank is obvious, the Natron stem bolt eating Deck-chlorians hate the Limestone stem bolt eating Deck-chlorians, etc. If you combine them in the same fuel tank, you'll get a clogged fuel tank at best or an exploding fuel tank at worst (due to the massive foodfight). Many testpilots also complained about highpitch voices shouting "Natron stem bolts are better!" giving them a headache...

@NQ-Ripley We demand this be made cannon now! 😉

I thought that the matter was in dark matter, which was passed into the moonshine still during fuel processing.
But I admit I was wrong. I did not consider this option! 😉

As somone who spent eight years studying nanotech and metamaterials at university, this game’s chemistry and physics are just plain painful. Almost ans bad as Elite Dangerous’ absolute gobshite renditions of mass, gravity, ancceleration and energy that make no sense. 

for me, it’s things like XS lights weighing 70kg which makes them about 25 tonnes per cubic metre, (even ignoring their rounded corners which basically makes them even denser). 
think about that, one XS light weighs almost the same as a non American male. 

these things are significantly heavier than an equivalent volume of solid gold yet they are made of much lighter materials. 

I keep telling myself: the game is a metaphor. The game is a metaphor.

Anything we don’t understand appears as magic to us. Anything we don’t understand appears as magic to us. 

By now you must realize most of the gameplay tables had at most one meeting to discuss.  Materials... transfer times... all feel like someone was given an afternoon to code the entire table - just placeholders you see - we will put in real values before launch...  What worse is they have added layers of code to "fix" things that are not correct in the tables, instead of just fixing the tables.  (Ref:  industry batch sizes which are suppose to take a minimum of 3 minutes to avoid excess CPU usage.  So now there are batches of batches and weirdness like being told your out of schematics when you still have 4 left.  Yet today I found a transfer unit running on a 22 second cycles - opps, forgot to layer that code onto transfer units too!  In the meantime, quick hacks have resulted in some items taking 41 minute to transfer but only 47 minutes to build (ex. numbers but close))

5 hours ago, Pleione said:

By now you must realize most of the gameplay tables had at most one meeting to discuss. 

Materials... transfer times... all feel like someone was given an afternoon to code the entire table - just placeholders you see - we will put in real values before launch...  What worse is they have added layers of code to "fix" things that are not correct in the tables, instead of just fixing the tables.  (Ref:  industry batch sizes which are suppose to take a minimum of 3 minutes to avoid excess CPU usage. 

So now there are batches of batches and weirdness like being told your out of schematics when you still have 4 left.  Yet today I found a transfer unit running on a 22 second cycles - opps, forgot to layer that code onto transfer units too!  In the meantime, quick hacks have resulted in some items taking 41 minute to transfer but only 47 minutes to build (ex. numbers but close))

Transfer units do indeed process one unit at a time.

I do wish I could make just one batch... My industry dude has so many skills that he ends up making two or even three batches of simple stuff... and even worse when it comes to honeycomb... I just want one batch for a sample library but instead I have to create 300m^3 or something ridiculous like that... Now multiply that by 200 types of voxels and I end up needing hundreds of thousands of litres of raw mats to fund a simple library.

Like the fact that an L light needs a large schematic to make. Same as a fkkn large space engine that is 20x larger.

Or the fact that Plant Case A and Plant Case B are identical sized but Plant Case A requires an S sized assembler and 7 times more material than the XS assembler buildable Plant Case B...

Or that plant Case M is exactly half the size of Plant Case S.

And that's just some simple decorations.

What's interesting is you can see clearly how they started off with good intentions but then later on they just got more and more blasé and someone somewhere at some point just said  "ahh fk it, we'll run with what we have."

1 hour ago, Jinxed said:

What's interesting is you can see clearly how they started off with good intentions but then later on they just got more and more blasé and someone somewhere at some point just said  "ahh fk it, we'll run with what we have."

The "f* it" moment seems to have occurred early in alpha IMO.  Most of what is pointed out here should have been roughly balanced in the planning stage between proof of concept and alpha client. 

3 hours ago, Wyndle said:

The "f* it" moment seems to have occurred early in alpha IMO.  Most of what is pointed out here should have been roughly balanced in the planning stage between proof of concept and alpha client. 

I could forget and forgive this in Alpha, but it absolutely should have been straightened out in Beta.  That is just another sign we are really in Alpha 3 now...

3 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

In a normal situation the entire beta would have been about fixing bugs and balancing a already feature complete game before release.

But that's clearly not how NQ rolls..

Yeah, NQ seems to not have a Working Plan with Milestones and features that was based on the Foundation systems.

Also the fact that PVP and PVE were not made to co-exist but to be an afterthought shows this.

7 hours ago, Jinxed said:

Transfer units do indeed process one unit at a time

Some things transfer 1 at a time, others 50, 100, and I seem to recall some 200s.  One hopes this is all table driven, hopefully not individually coded, but who knows.

The attached screen caps from Talemai Moon 3 tell a big story.

Just a bit over 24 hours from the planet being added to the game the ore distribution as you can see is pretty much 2 hot spots for the whole moon.

I know small moon, but this lopsided hot spot type of distribution is really terrible.

2068298991_TalemaiM3Distro1.png

2015668778_TalemaiM3Distro2.png

Edited by Aseennav