Development still going on?

Verliezer

Lua is a major feature for Dual Universe, so much so that it even has its own team lead. Development runs in parallel with the other major features but lua is a bit unique in that it also ties into just about everything. Last I heard there are some long term plans to add script protection/trading functionality as well as overhaul some of the older systems but the immediate focus could be dedicated to adding lua support to upcoming new features. Either way don't let the silence fool you, things are happening in the background.

I can confirm that there is still some development going on on the Lua feature. :) Don't worry, there are many things planned that have already been exposed to the Lua community; it just may take some time or wait for the integration of other features (like for example the known issue of remainingSchematics that will be solved with the integration of another feature soon).

But no no, I'm still here and still working on extending the possibilities of Lua especially for content creation. :) 

14 hours ago, NQ-Ligo said:

But no no, I'm still here and still working on extending the possibilities of Lua especially for content creation. :) 

Oh, what a teaser! I'm guessing detached camera with pathing. That'd be nice for the streamers, if not so useful for the general population.

5 hours ago, Yoarii said:

Oh, what a teaser! I'm guessing detached camera with pathing. That'd be nice for the streamers, if not so useful for the general population.

I could see a detached camera being very helpful when digging deep underground (assuming can clip) to act as a periscope above ground. 

Content creation could also be game within the game tools so we can make death traps, puzzles, and hopefully some coop/compete tools that make building much more than a tour stop.

2 hours ago, Wyndle said:

I could see a detached camera being very helpful when digging deep underground (assuming can clip) to act as a periscope above ground. 

Content creation could also be game within the game tools so we can make death traps, puzzles, and hopefully some coop/compete tools that make building much more than a tour stop.

You're right, very good point!

3 hours ago, NQ-Ligo said:

Just to make sure it's not misunderstood. When I talk about content creation, I'm talking about User Generated Content. As @Wyndle says, it's more about systems/tools that allow you to create services, cities, events ...etc. But of course we also work on gameplay :) 

So code to allow the creation of content in the game, rather than code to allow YT content creators to post more and better vids. Sounds fab. Keep it up! :)

On 12/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, NQ-Ligo said:

Just to make sure it's not misunderstood. When I talk about content creation, I'm talking about User Generated Content. As @Wyndle says, it's more about systems/tools that allow you to create services, cities, events ...etc. But of course we also work on gameplay :) 

Services? Oh, should we read that as Dispenser APIs are coming? :) And reversed dispensers? ❤️

On 12/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, NQ-Ligo said:

I can confirm that there is still some development going on on the Lua feature. :) Don't worry, there are many things planned that have already been exposed to the Lua community; it just may take some time or wait for the integration of other features (like for example the known issue of remainingSchematics that will be solved with the integration of another feature soon).

Good to hear, I am a happy man :)
Can you tell a bit more on when we might expect the fix for the remainingSchema's, schema checking is such a painful hassle :(
and I would love to hear a bit more on the feature where it is integrated with. 🙏