UPDATE 1.2 ARRIVES ON DECEMBER 13TH - TACTICAL MAP, REVAMPED ASTEROIDS AND MORE

NQ-Wanderer

3 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

This game is perfect for carebears, they can do everything without a single risk, some of the roids rare/exo still spawn at 2SU of the safezone, so please, stop cry when you don't understand anything else than what your wallet want.

We are here for push this game in something better, not killing it.

This is a load of BS. If you want to talk risk vs reward, ganking an unarmed ship tops the list. You get the ship and the cargo with no risk, and the miner takes all the risk. That's not even PvP, it's PvE with an extra layer.

Cry me a river, ganker.

a bit confused here. If they update with the tactical map is to drop next week, how come NQ cannot show off their own working ingame version and instead they need to photoshop a screenshot of the UI of Elite:Dangerous. I'd rather see their take on this than a proof of concept they need to lift from another game's functioning ingame UI.

8 hours ago, RobRocketpants said:

why do you even need to resort to that to tease a feature supposedly releasing in a week, anyway?

Jesus what is wrong with you people... it's an obvious photoshop to show you what is coming ... where is the surprise in showing you what it does actually look like??

6 hours ago, willolake said:

It's not a sandbox unless you give _everyone_ sand, which means anyone can throw it in anyone else's eyes at any time. Not just sometimes in certain parts of the sandbox.

Great analogy, this is the crux of the issue.  Killing with impunity and no risk / reward balance.  If an attack ship will give away their position when firing and destroying a smaller unarmed XS ship they will think twice.  But if you have a group camping for haulers, then the risk vs reward is high amid the possibly you'd have to fight for the spoils... 

PVP is all or nothing.

49 minutes ago, Virtualburn said:

Jesus what is wrong with you people... it's an obvious photoshop to show you what is coming ... where is the surprise in showing you what it does actually look like??

As a former FDEV employee (Quality Assurance and NA Ambassador) If I was an artist working for a studio and another funded studio blatantly ripped my art and posted it as shitty of as edit as it is.. I'd lose my absolute shit, just as I am rn.

10 hours ago, Virtualburn said:

Those that think ganking unarmed miners is PVP - lol.   How about you can't enter the safezone for 2 hours after an attack so you have to stay out in PVP land and be flagged as a blip on the map... so if you want PVP you can find them, and if you attack you can also defend... there you go PVP.

You go out in PvP, are pretty bad/don't know enough game mechanics which allows us to kill you ALL THE TIME.

So keep it up, we don't mind, you're just an eternal victim.

We are the first to wait for NQ to remove all these safe zones precisely so that we can create our stations with OUR safe zones on the planets that we have decided to control.

At the moment we can't even use a space station with a shield to secure a fleet in the PVP area when we have to go to sleep/eat/work.

So obviously there are only people passing through the PvP zone, you can't stay there and do things there.

Again fault with NQ at 1000%

10 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

At the moment we can't even use a space station with a shield to secure a fleet in the PVP area when we have to go to sleep/eat/work.

You actually can... Just use Base shield generator XL.

1 hour ago, Virtualburn said:

This is double layer shitty thing to do. First one is more obvious, using another game UI as supposed representation of your own upcoming feature is shitty, if not illegal. Second, using not your own image for something what should come out in a week shows that you don't even have working UI at this point, which is worrying on itself... 
This honestly hit hard when it comes to respect of NQ... Image NEEDS to be removed...

If you don't have anything to show, don't rip off others work... 

11 minutes ago, Zripss said:

If you don't have anything to show, don't rip off others work... 

Doing a quick Photoshop job on some web image to show a concept and getting the task approved, is very normal.

But that is meant for internal stuff, not the f****** version announcement in the official forum..

So my guess is that the person responsible for making the announcement posted the wrong picture.

The alternative is that they don't have anything else to show yet, despite being days from the release.. Which when I think about it is not that unlikely when we consider who we are talking about here.

39 minutes ago, Sawafa said:

You actually can... Just use Base shield generator XL.

Learn to play the game before coming to talk on the forums.

You can't let a ship on a station in the PvP Area EVEN WITH A SHIELD STATION

BECAUSE THE SHIELD STATION ONLY PROTECTS THE STATION

🙂

Asteroid changes are underwhelming but understandable. Asteroids needed to be addressed very quickly so I'm not going to throw a lot of shade on it. Its very disappointing we did not get public broadcasted mega roids everyone can see so orgs have something to fight over. There are easy wins for both sides here. 

Tactical map memes are on point and well deserved. Tactical map is completely pointless unless we can see further then 2su. If it can see further (4su for example) this would be an extremely welcome update and welcomed by all pvpers. 2su radar with ships flying at 47k is just silly.

Smaller updates focusing on improving game play exp is a good step in the right direction short term. I do hope more stuff is added for new players like better tutorial rewards, better achievement rewards and t1 space fuel. All rather easy things to achieve and will greatly improve the playability for the game for many.

Like/dislike what nq has to say regarding updates, the communication has been improving. 

Deckard and nyota taking meaningful feedback and forum posts explaining why a decision has been made is a step in the right direction.

One of the things I liked about this forum post was right at the end that says we will get 1.3 info soon. This is very important. Players should always have something to look forward to (even if they're smaller, short term updates)

Dear Noveans,

The Tactical Map WIP we posted earlier was a conceptual image we used for design reference. It's of course not the final version of the feature, which will look more like this :

image (134).png

We also edited the original post to avoid confusion.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and see you in Dual Universe!

48 minutes ago, NQ-Wanderer said:

Dear Noveans,

The Tactical Map WIP we posted earlier was a conceptual image we used for design reference. It's of course not the final version of the feature, which will look more like this :

image (134).png

I WANT TO COMPLAIN WATER IS WET HOW DARE YOU DEVS I WILL NEVER MENTALLY RECOVER FROM THIS !!!!!!11ONE

1 hour ago, NQ-Wanderer said:

Dear Noveans,

image (134).png

Thank you for communicating with us.

4 hours ago, Virtualburn said:

Well, lets ask the developers of the original how they think of the use :)

something with copyright blabla

But its good to have this, Now please make a dev log about how we can all use this with ease!

30 minutes ago, ManfredSideous said:

I WANT TO COMPLAIN WATER IS WET HOW DARE YOU DEVS I WILL NEVER MENTALLY RECOVER FROM THIS !!!!!!11ONE

Sorry but the DU water is dry, you can also not swim in it, Pie in it, drink it, make little submarines colored brown in it, and thats about it

4 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Learn to play the game before coming to talk on the forums.

You can't let a ship on a station in the PvP Area EVEN WITH A SHIELD STATION

BECAUSE THE SHIELD STATION ONLY PROTECTS THE STATION

🙂

It was a little bit sarcastic, but you don't need to be rude, be more polite please.