Terraforming new player tool or mod

BBDARTH

How about a player tool be developed to remove soil/stone from the inside of a construct without disturbing soil/stone on the outside of the construct build area or the other side of a wall of voxels. If this is already a thing someone, please inform me. 

Would be great, that, if "honeycomb" voxels clipped the mining sphere, whether you're depositing or digging. Don't think it's a thing, nor likely to be one, though. Particularly when the engine adds lag for every voxel you remove or add to the planetary surface; we have a nodig rule for round our org's bases, since it already takes long enough for structures to render in on approach.

1 hour ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Such a tool actually exists. The support used it for the excavation of underground structures after the Demeter patch. But NQ made pretty clear that they do not want to give it to players.

I wonder why. It doesn't seem to involve anything more "process heavy" than pre-levelling the terrain before deploying the static on it would. Maybe there's a peculiarity to the actual activity that requires too much data interchange.

The developer excavation tool Maxium is referring to here was deemed too powerful in its current form to give to players. It is capable of instantly removing all terrain from within a building zone and thus with repeated core redeployments, could effectively be used as a gigantic shovel. Instead players with underground constructs following the Demeter terrain reset in Fall 2021, were asked to submit tickets to NQ support to so they could manually excavate them as per the Demeter Excavation Process. Perhaps in the future a toned down version of this tool could be added to achieve the more precise control you are looking for. Until then I recommend using the dig tool to approximate your wall/edge and then use the smooth tool to clean it up. It is not perfect and takes a lot of effort, but you can achieve fairly good results like this.

3 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Such a tool actually exists. The support used it for the excavation of underground structures after the Demeter patch. But NQ made pretty clear that they do not want to give it to players.

I tried requesting that process on my construct and they said they no longer do that for players and suggested I post a request for a tool here.

13 minutes ago, BBDARTH said:

I tried requesting that process on my construct and they said they no longer do that for players and suggested I post a request for a tool here.

LOL. Sorry BBDarth. Not laughing at you. Sardonic laughter at the parlous state of support in the game. It's no better than we've come to expect from NQ.

1 hour ago, Kezzle said:

LOL. Sorry BBDarth. Not laughing at you. Sardonic laughter at the parlous state of support in the game. It's no better than we've come to expect from NQ.

Thats ok, I will just have to lower and level my whole tile if they do not do this in a few months. Should be enough revenge on the server to make me happy.