Pay to play and free to play fix

Asbo_Flemzo

Remove territory tax and schematics from pay to play players, make the game free to play and tax/schematics the free to play players.

Work on pvp arenas within vr surrogates so free to play player will be happy with small cash reward.

Your games player base will skyrocket, the game will succeed.

Currently your 6 months from a dead game under the current mechanics, current loop is log in use all my money, then log out because i cant do anything, due to taxes and schematics.

The positives on the other hand is the new player experience is much better than alpha version, but without any real pvp for non mega organization players, pvp being literal late game activity, which is stupid, the game will die.

Thanks for your time

long, pointless post about F2P. 
you have been warned. 

At least maybe reduce the burden, for sure, but if there is no tax on tiles or other limits such as skills limiting tile ownership like we have core limits right now, orgs will take over entire planets within a month.

THey would then have to implement some way to contest ownership. Like they did with alien cores, but then they would have to implement atmospheric combat...  This whole avenue seems iffy to me, it's like opening Pandora's Box and finding a can of worms and a ticket to a whole nother ballgame inside.

They do definitely need F2P, though. That would absolutely boost numbers.

here's what I would do.

First up, limits;

f2p accounts are abandoned after 3 months, even stuff on haven.

f2p players can only set one colour for their avatar, the other colours are derived from that.

f2p players start with no skill points and are encouraged / guided / goaded  into playing the tutorials. 

limit f2p players to tier 3 skills and reduce skill points to 15 per minute.

give a paid option for f2p player to boost skill points to 30 or even 45 skill points per minute for a month for a few dollars (tiered?).

Every time a skill maxes out to level 3, pop up a recommendation to play the full game. 

No access to wallets, so they cannot send money to others.

Do not allow access to RDMS or legate role so that anything they make personally is private to themselves and can't be shared or transferred. Cannot create construct keys. If they use a construct key for themselves, constructs now fall under these tight restrictions. 

Constructs F2P players build have automatic DRM, cannot cut and paste out from them or their LUA.

All blueprints they create will have automatic DRM  that you cannot remove.

Limit them to owning one territory on haven.

limit them to operating XS and S dynamic cores. Likewise, XS and S weapons only.

outside of their personal cores and constructs they behave much like the surrogate. Ie cannot calibrate other people’s mining equipment above base level, fly other people’s ships or run other people’s industries. 

additionally, other people cannot calibrate F2P players’ mining equipment, boost their constructs with skill, fly F2P people’s ships or run F2P players’ industries. 

Most importantly, offer CLEAR ADVICE to the F2P player on the benefits of upgrading to full player mode and doing so removes all above limitations.

general extra cash income from F2P players by:

• as mentioned skill speed booster. 
• level cap enhancer up to L4 if they stop paying, they lose the skill back to L3

F2P AND subbed players can use the following shop:

• cosmetic item shop.

fancy suits, better furniture, MOAR  decorations.

• coloured glass windows, more shapes like hexagons etc.

• colours and skins for every type element and coloured shields, engine flames, weapon trails/explosions

• frivolous stuff such as fancy dragon shaped wings and evil/alien looking weapons etc.

so many things that could be done.....

le sigh.

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

coloured glass windows

I don't know the code needed for this off hand but I bet transparent screens can fill this request already.  It would be nice if a color picker with transparency slider were a part of the package here.

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

frivolous stuff such as fancy dragon shaped wings and evil/alien looking weapons etc.

If NQ is short of art staff I bet there's a few dozen builders in-game who would be willing to do the leg work on designing models for stuff like this in exchange for some in-game benefit and attribution.  Attribution is easy, just include builder(s) in the details of the item as well as an in-game title.  In-game benefit may be a longer discussion because it should not be something that would imbalance the economy or PvP even if a given object becomes insanely popular.

6 hours ago, Asbo_Flemzo said:

Remove territory tax and schematics from pay to play players, make the game free to play and tax/schematics the free to play players.

Work on pvp arenas within vr surrogates so free to play player will be happy with small cash reward.

Your games player base will skyrocket, the game will succeed.

Currently your 6 months from a dead game under the current mechanics, current loop is log in use all my money, then log out because i cant do anything, due to taxes and schematics.

The positives on the other hand is the new player experience is much better than alpha version, but without any real pvp for non mega organization players, pvp being literal late game activity, which is stupid, the game will die.

Thanks for your time

People would have one pay-to-play account which owns all their territory and runs the indy jobs all their alts would be f2p accounts.  In my case this would be about 6x cheaper and I wouldn't lose any functionality at all.

At least it would solve the problem of 'how do the normal players compete with someone who has 10s of alts?'.  Everyone would have 10s of alts!

19 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

People would have one pay-to-play account which owns all their territory and runs the indy jobs all their alts would be f2p accounts.  In my case this would be about 6x cheaper and I wouldn't lose any functionality at all.

At least it would solve the problem of 'how do the normal players compete with someone who has 10s of alts?'.  Everyone would have 10s of alts!

yes. It’s easy to come up with ideas. Hard to see what shit those ideas will fling fanwards. 

even with all the restrictions on my post, I bet players could find loopholes to exploit. 

On 12/4/2022 at 7:13 PM, Zeddrick said:

Everyone would have 10s of alts!

No, I wouldn't. I could have 100s of alts right now. But I simply cannot do that. I cannot play as "more than one person" because I am just one person. That is kind of schizophrenic to me. When I play an RPG I try to build up, skill etc. my character, i.e. that ONE character I am playing as.  Switching from one character to another in the same game world is for me completely detestable.
Even when I used the VR those 2 times maybe I felt this. It was just wrong. I felt like I am cheating on myself.

2 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

No, I wouldn't. I could have 100s of alts right now. But I simply cannot do that. I cannot play as "more than one person" because I am just one person. That is kind of schizophrenic to me. When I play an RPG I try to build up, skill etc. my character, i.e. that ONE character I am playing as.  Switching from one character to another in the same game world is for me completely detestable.
Even when I used the VR those 2 times maybe I felt this. It was just wrong. I felt like I am cheating on myself.

Obviously, there will always be exceptions. But that just makes it worse, since it puts people like yourself at a disadvantage that's not really deserved, while not achieving the aims of the OP in the first place.