More suggestions by me to improve DU (little to no dev time required.):

Shaman

Essentially, Instead of adding new gameplay loops I would improve the ones we already have by adding more layers to Dual Universe's current gameplay progression.

If I was part of the NQ dev/design team, I would do either/all of this:

1. Give a sense of direction and provide long term goals to new players e.g. 'build a massive freight ship'
  2. Place new players in 2 rival starter factions, and create events such as xs core pvp, mining challenges or time-competitive missions weekly, daily, or perhaps even automatically for the two factions to fight between.
  3. reverse dispensers / player missions that you can auto-create or refresh using LUA. Adds so much depth with barely any effort required.
  4. make surface rocks able to be mined faster with ship equipment, to give a layer of progression for early game players who do not want to wait around with the AFK with auto harvesters. If NQ wants to go a step further, place larger surface ores in hard-to reach locations such as Thades or vast void of space itself to encourage mining expeditons.
  5. Related to (#4), Make it easier for new players to get started mining space asteroids, either by option #2 or by making a cheap, mini, safe zone only version of the DSAT.
  6. Give more options for ships to engage in and mitigate PvP encounters by for example implementing directional, slow, long range (60SU+) space radars to encourage pirates to intercept freight ships, as well as some sort of 'getaway device' that is only really viable for freight ships such as to use such as rocket engines (see #7).
  7. another note on rockets - Rockets need balancing, they run out of fuel too fast for their 'faster than max speed' feature to be practical. Rockets should act more like EvE onlines Micro Warp Drive,  MUCH more fuel efficient and powerful, able to be sustained for long periods of time, but is extremely heavy and/or debuffs thrust output in such a way that using it only practical on non-combat ships that don't need a high acceleration. This gives freight ships a counter to PvP vessels by being able to speed out of danger to almost warp drive speeds, but also means that you need to use more gas and larger engines to move your stuff around the universe. Should you play safe and pay the extra cost hauling Xenon fuel, or be a bit more risky and go without rocket engines for the allure of saving your quanta and beating the market prices? It is simple changes like THIS which are vital to the games integrity, NQ has to do nothing more than change a few values for a few elements and already the game has a lot more depth.

All of these ideas will probably gonna go under NQ's radar, but perhaps this could give ideas for what you guys want NQ should do to this game as well.

For a normal sane company most of those suggestions would indeed be low dev suggestions.

But if you look at the timeline for features in previous NQ releases, and use "NQ time" to project then the suggestions would be 6-12 months of dev at the very least.

We do not want to discourage community discussion; what's left of the community.  Your suggestions point to there being one or more core design flaw(s) in the game that should be sorted in Alpha or pre-Alpha (early Beta at the very latest).  I'm not too proud to admit that I misread and overestimated what NQ was capable of based on what I've seen other indie devs (solo and small team) achieve.  That was (one of) my bad.  Now that NQ is in "release" I will not give any benefit of doubt nor attribute "background" aspects based on the work of others.

I measure NQ dev time relative to the following benchmark:

it took three years to deliver an XS space tank. 

so some of these suggestions are 2030 material. Lol. 

The reverse dispenser thing keeps popping up and it’s a solid idea for sure.  

They already have the barter interface. It’s a shame this can’t be used with a market unit or container. You open it up. Everything you need to put in the container is shown as ghost icons. 

drop your stuff on the correct icons, once all the icons are filled, click validate and if all the amounts are correct boom, instant trade. 

tie it to LUA for more flexible interchange. Like variable amounts for variable price etc. 

This would allow things like material exchanges second hand goods trading etc. Swap T3 elements you have in abundance for something you lack or trade second hand damaged elements for something.