Territory unit and gyro questions (need help)

Sethioz

Hey, not really a new player, but i'm bit confused about how the territory works exactly. I was under the impression that first territory on alioth is free like on sanctuary / haven, but seems like that's not the case. I'm quite sure i got it right, but those RED NOTICE MARKS are very alarming, so I just want to be sure:

Q: I only have 1 territory on alioth (and default one on haven), I have set it as HQ, can I leave it inactive for as long as i want without losing territory or stuff on it?

I didn't pay the 500000 fee after 3 days, so miners stopped and i dont care for miners, i get almost nothing from them anyway (yes i know you get 2400l bonus from calibrating),

BUT .. now it has "next fee due in 12 days" and it's all RED, some in the game chat said that you will lose all buildings on it after 90 days, some said you cant run industries ..etc.

so there's lot of conflicting info and i want to clear this out once and for all, IS IT SAFE TO LEAVE HQ INACTIVE?

Q2: how can i toggle gyroscope when using cockpit? i couldn't find any toggle button in controls. is there some hidden button combination or is there some other way of toggling it? i was thinking of using some sensor or some other blocks to automatically switch it, but seems like you can't even link them to gyro.

Territory Mechanics

1. If you have no existing territories on a given planet/moon then when you go to deploy your territory unit on that body, the deployment fee will be set to zero. If you already have claims then it will cost you a flat fee of 500,000 quanta regardless of how many claims you have.
  2. The only restriction applied to inactive territories is that they will be unable to start mining units. You can run industry units on inactive tiles as of Panacea update 0.28
  3. Currently a territory marked as headquarters (HQ) can be left inactive indefinitely. As long as your territory is marked as HQ that red payment reminder can be ignored and will periodically reset itself. Now the reason why you have heard conflicting information here is because concerns have been raised regarding the permanence of HQ tiles for accounts who have unsubscribed and are unlikely to return. Players have proposed that the 90 day inactive asset requisitioning (IAR) rules should apply to HQ territories as well, which would mean they would become abandoned should the owner's account remain unsubscribed for more than 90 days. Please note that this has not actually been implemented by the game designers but it is possible that they could make alterations so be sure to keep up with the news.

Gyroscope Control

There is no default hotkey for toggling the gyroscope while piloting a construct but you can easily create one by editing the default lua script. The function call required for engaging the gyroscope is slotname.activate() and it can be subsequently deactivated with slotname.deactivate() or directly toggled via slotname.toggle(). Simply link your gyroscope to your control unit (ie: pilot chair) and keep track of which slot number it occupies as you will need to replace slotname in the function call with the exact name given to said slot (note you can also rename them for convenience). Next open the lua editor and click on the predefined system slot. Press add filter at the bottom, then select the onActionStart() event by hovering over the 3 dots. Next click on the blank field within the brackets and choose which hotkey you want to use (note that option 1 = Alt+1 by default but you can also change that under your client settings). Then with your new onActionStart("hotkey") event selected, type slotname.toggle() into the lua editor field and press apply.

Now whenever you press that hotkey while piloting, your gyroscope will toggle on and off.

Here is a visual of what you need to achieve. Note I am using lshift (ie: left shift) as my hotkey and my gyroscope is plugged into the slot8 which I renamed as gyroscopeSlot. 

image.png.f99a00d14d96c380e66357d1f1b63705.png

15 hours ago, Msoul said:

Territory Mechanics

1. If you have no existing territories on a given planet/moon then when you go to deploy your territory unit on that body, the deployment fee will be set to zero. If you already have claims then it will cost you a flat fee of 500,000 quanta regardless of how many claims you have.
  2. The only restriction applied to inactive territories is that they will be unable to start mining units. You can run industry units on inactive tiles as of Panacea update 0.28
  3. Currently a territory marked as headquarters (HQ) can be left inactive indefinitely. As long as your territory is marked as HQ that red payment reminder can be ignored and will periodically reset itself. Now the reason why you have heard conflicting information here is because concerns have been raised regarding the permanence of HQ tiles for accounts who have unsubscribed and are unlikely to return. Players have proposed that the 90 day inactive asset requisitioning (IAR) rules should apply to HQ territories as well, which would mean they would become abandoned should the owner's account remain unsubscribed for more than 90 days. Please note that this has not actually been implemented by the game designers but it is possible that they could make alterations so be sure to keep up with the news.

Gyroscope Control

There is no default hotkey for toggling the gyroscope while piloting a construct but you can easily create one by editing the default lua script. The function call required for engaging the gyroscope is slotname.activate() and it can be subsequently deactivated with slotname.deactivate() or directly toggled via slotname.toggle(). Simply link your gyroscope to your control unit (ie: pilot chair) and keep track of which slot number it occupies as you will need to replace slotname in the function call with the exact name given to said slot (note you can also rename them for convenience). Next open the lua editor and click on the predefined system slot. Press add filter at the bottom, then select the onActionStart() event by hovering over the 3 dots. Next click on the blank field within the brackets and choose which hotkey you want to use (note that option 1 = Alt+1 by default but you can also change that under your client settings). Then with your new onActionStart("hotkey") event selected, type slotname.toggle() into the lua editor field and press apply.

Now whenever you press that hotkey while piloting, your gyroscope will toggle on and off.

Here is a visual of what you need to achieve. Note I am using lshift (ie: left shift) as my hotkey and my gyroscope is plugged into the slot8 which I renamed as gyroscopeSlot. 

thanks! exactly what i needed to know. will have to try that lua thing out.

edit: added the hotkey in 15 seconds, excellent instructions! i put it on same as landing gear, which is perfect, because i have VTOL-style ship, where one mode is for precision landing and other is flying, so it makes sense that when i put landing gear out, then it turns into landing mode (toggles gyro).

btw gyroscope doesn't occupy just any slot, it specifically says "gyro", even when gyro is not connected it has special gyro slot. or maybe it's because i previously already linked gyro to seat, either way for those who want to do same thing, slot name is "gyro" so command would be "gyro.toggle()"

is there a way to add custom hotkey? for example if i'd want to add something different that is not listed? for example "numpad ."

thanks again for detailed info!

Edited by Sethioz

5 hours ago, Sethioz said:

Is there a way to add custom hotkey? for example if i'd want to add something different that is not listed? for example "numpad ."

Yes but you can't do this on an individual construct level. In a universe with player interaction, there has to be some amount of standardization or you end up needing to relearn how to fly every time you pilot a new construct. In the case of Dual Universe that standardization is the action list. Event filters are currently limited to the 32 actions you saw after clicking on the empty onStartAction() field and only these actions are able to serve as control inputs. As a result all constructs and programing boards are using the exact same action set. Lua scripters can still define what these actions do, but it is encouraged that they stick to basic conventions like having the "break action" turn on breaks. Now when it comes to setting custom keyboard controls you can redefine which keys are connected to these actions via your local client settings. Simply press ESC to access settings, go to controls, and scroll down to the Piloting/Control Unit/Lua section. Here you can freely remap the individual hotkeys used to trigger said actions. Thus we end up in the scenario where players can choose their own unique hotkeys without imposing those definitions on others.

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2022 at 2:08 AM, Msoul said:

Territory Mechanics

Gyroscope Control

hey, i know old topic, but is there a way to turn off the radar? i tried using same method by adding a hotkey to toggle, but it won't work. i think it even said something like "attempting to call a nil value toggle" in lua editor at bottom, but i could be wrong about this part.

i tried on archhud and vanilla seat, radar won't toggle off.

also another weird thing i noticed, is that when using vanilla seat with nothing else connected, then radar connects to "core.action", but when using another seat with more stuff connected to it, then it says "radar_1.action", what's up with that?

i need this, because of this annoying bug where you're unable to leave your seat if there are lot of radar contacts and taking off my radar is NOT an option. i do this to find abandoned constructs, so taking radar off will be useless. i just want to toggle it off before leaving seat.

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you found a better solution, but I haven't seen any "Turn Radar Off" option in LUA anywhere.  Archaegeo posted this a while back. 

ALL: Anyone getting CPU Overload, make sure your Voxel Rendering is not in Auto, or not a Max Threads (ie. 3/3 or 8/9 on number of threads). This is in Graphics setting, upper right.  if you are in Auto or Max threads, all CPU processing is applied to Voxel rendering first, lua get leftover. It results in MONSTER FPS loss in flight too. 

On 5/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, Sync said:

Not sure if you found a better solution, but I haven't seen any "Turn Radar Off" option in LUA anywhere.  Archaegeo posted this a while back. 

well thanks for trying, but i'm not some noob born yesterday, OBVIOUSLY i go thru all game settings before playing. that cpu render limit does absolutely nothing for me, it doesn't even give me 1 fps boost and it doesn't change anything whatsoever, there's no overload or anything. i can have it on 1 or 4, no change at all. i left it on 2, but tried with 1, 3 and 4 aswell, but my CPU is still under same load, no fps change and still getting stuck with the radar bug, that's why i asked if there's a way to turn radar off manually.