Dual Universe - Release 1.1.2 - Change Log

NQ-Deckard

37 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Exploit fixed, so all actions by those doing exploit are fixed and turned back and according to eula they are banned?

Fixing the exploit is often just NQ wording for fixing it technically and not rolling back all the damage it has caused. I've asked questions about this practice before, but never got a reply. As in beta they didn't roll back the damage, we had to wipe after two years. It seems that we'll be in the same situation again in another two years...

As for banning, DU is such an absolute mess, you can use an exploit by not even knowing or wishing to. Banning people for that is insane! I remember the returning backpack bug with unlimited range, I tried everything possible (except not playing) to fix it myself after reporting it. It took ages for NQ to fix it and then it came back again... I cannot not use my backpack... If schematics now do xyz and people don't know what's happening, it would be bad to ban them for it. Intentional misuse should be obvious, but difficult to determine after just two days...