Suggestion to attract more people to aegis station

DBxWanderer

Move some of the high-end missions to aegis station. If you introduce NPC pirates to kill form quanta bounty then place the best missions closer to AEGIS. This would move the main market and give the other planets and equal opportunity to become inhabited versus  alioth

If there had been something in place at launch to incentivize Aegis use as the main market it may have split up some of the load that is now firmly in place around M6.  Now that M6 has become the defacto market for the entire game again post-launch it would take drastic measures to change that.  The kinds of drastic measures that would ruffle feathers, drive off established players, and further hurt the game overall.  

Now, if we want to talk about incentivizing NEW players to prioritize using Aegis we'd first have to stop the exodus churn, then find ways to grow the player base, and then treat DU like an actual MMO instead of an online sim of hope crushing.

The Aegis Space Market was added to Dual Universe as part of the Athena Update. Said update also happened to include the first iteration of Space Territory Warfare via the alien cores system. These two paired together rather well in beta and I suspect they will do so once again during release. However the next iteration of alien cores is still being developed right now. Your proposal of migrating some missions to Aegis would certainly help in the intern but either way I think Aegis has a lot of potential for growth due to its central location in Helios. Whether or not it ever reaches the same level of popularity as the Alioth markets is hard to say but I wouldn't call it impossible.

24 minutes ago, Msoul said:

The Aegis Space Market was added to Dual Universe as part of the Athena Update. Said update also happened to include the first iteration of Space Territory Warfare via the alien cores system. These two paired together rather well in beta and I suspect they will do so once again during release. However the next iteration of alien cores is still being developed right now. Your proposal of migrating some missions to Aegis would certainly help in the intern but either way I think Aegis has a lot of potential for growth due to its central location in Helios. Whether or not it ever reaches the same level of popularity as the Alioth markets is hard to say but I wouldn't call it impossible.

Why is my ship (Illyria, on the right side) in that promo image? I NEVER WENT THERE!

14e7dc4c-0011-4ab3-9a1d-c74646b16b7e_ima

50 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Why is my ship (Illyria, on the right side) in that promo image? I NEVER WENT THERE!

Just a little quote from the EULA:

7.1 The use of the Game by Users results in the creation of user-generated content (hereinafter "Generated Content"), such as buildings or vehicles built with the help of the Game tools.

7.2 By creating Generated Content, You grant NOVAQUARK, its licensors, licensees and any other person designated by NOVAQUARK a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable license, for the duration of their term of protection, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, execute, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or delete the Generated Content (or any portion thereof) in any manner NOVAQUARK sees fit. In addition, You grant a personal, non-transferable license to all Users of the Game to use the Generated Content when using the Game, including all rights to reproduce, distribute, display, execute or any other license rights necessary to use the Generated Content on a worldwide basis and for their term of protection.

So TLDR: They can do whatever they want with your stuff.

3 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Just a little quote from the EULA:

So TLDR: They can do whatever they want with your stuff.

Likely someone at NQ: “Technically. It’s not YOUR stuff, it’s OURS.”

I do recommend you check out Aegis at some point if you have time, the fact you were not even aware of it makes DBxWanderer concerns all the more valid here. Also SirJohn85 is correct in that NQ has reserved said rights so they can showoff their universe and the player constructs within without needing to dive into legalities. With that said, the real reason why your construct would appear in a promo image is probably because it looks awesome and thus caught the attention of NQ either through other players pointing it out via the old community spotlight submission form or by a staff member happening upon it.

It would still have been nice if I was notified or even knew about it.

Doesn't really matter.

And no, I won't be going there, because there is nothing to see (EXPLORE) there or anywhere, anyway ...

2 hours ago, Msoul said:

To move some cargo missions on the Aegis, it would be wise to make space stations near the planets. To have space-to-space transportation. In addition, such stations could be local aggregators of materials and goods near the planets.
Given that space stations do not require payment for tiles to place (at least the first one), this would help to move part of the gameplay into space. Without the need for planetary landings.
Well, it would be nice to do the processing of space mining. (Increasing the size of nodes on asteroids, increasing the number of asteroids. Ideally, abandon the tracker altogether and make an asteroid radar. But this does not fit into the strategy to make life easier in pvp and for pirates 😉 )

I'm heavily involved at Aegis, and seed it with some things. I have pretty good sales and there are quite a few structures around it. Flying into the area is hairy as it's a blob of radar hits and you have to really watch your path.  But yeah, if you haven't checked it out, you should fly out there.  Very strategic area in general (exactly between all current safe zone planets).  Lots of buy orders for T1 right now, so check it out! :D

Aegis market needs no advertising.  Other then an awareness on what it is.  a market in space that has a warp beacon to it in the center of the safe zone.  You dont need to fly planet side to sell stuff, you dont need to haul your stuff off planet either.  it is equal parts away from all the safe zone planets.   Thus it is the easiest market to get to for the most amount of players.  With the only disadvantages being you need a space ship. 

Market 6 was always going to be the defacto market at start.  Thats just alpha diehards being alpha diehards.   

But I dont think any of this is a problem with the Aegis market not becoming the defacto market.  Because anyone wanting to sell or buy 2,000 tons of goods would much rather fly to Aegis then Allioth. 

I think the real problem with the Aegis market is the economy in general.  Most of the population does not have quanta to buy things. That 100k a day is not going to give the masses allot of buying power.  With the only other income being transportation missions. And yea some people are making allot of quanta running missions. But thats not everyones cup of tea. And trying to rely on mission runners to inject quanta into the economy is laughable. 

Its one of the reasons I was so against removing T1 bot orders.  It was not that I was making allot of quanta selling ore to bots.  It was that the masses where able to sell to the bots to get quanta to buy stuff I put on the market.  Right now I feel everyone is trying to hold onto the quanta they have which is going to hurt the economy even more, which will drive more players out of the game.  And its going to take an NQ comity 6 months just to have a discussion about having a discussion to fix the economy. 

12 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

It would still have been nice if I was notified or even knew about it.

Doesn't really matter.

And no, I won't be going there, because there is nothing to see (EXPLORE) there or anywhere, anyway ...

three of NovaX’s constructs are used in their ship/ construct museums without a single notification or even attribution. In fact additionally one of our member’s constructs was was sold to a customer, rebranded and rebranded version is also in the museum. So you could say we had four of our constructs used.  

it is what it is. When you upload a picture to Facebook and post it to a page you expressly give them permission to use it as they see fit. (It’s in the EULA) And you will find your photo being used to train random AIs throughout the world. when you design a ship or a piece of LUA code on DU it becomes theirs (which makes me wonder about open source licensing of uploaded LUA code, now that I come to think of it). 

We were kind of encouraged to see so many of our tiny org’s constructs being selected my NQ from among all the amazing things players have made, but of course we would’ve liked to have seen a little signpost out the front with the creators name and a Org on it.

this goes for every construct. There were so many constructs at the museums that I wanted to follow up but of which I have no idea who the creator was.

31 minutes ago, RugesV said:

Its one of the reasons I was so against removing T1 bot orders.  It was not that I was making allot of quanta selling ore to bots.  It was that the masses where able to sell to the bots to get quanta to buy stuff I put on the market.  Right now I feel everyone is trying to hold onto the quanta they have which is going to hurt the economy even more, which will drive more players out of the game.  And its going to take an NQ comity 6 months just to have a discussion about having a discussion to fix the economy. 

I am of two minds on the ore bots, but at this point the pragmatic view has an unassailable lead.  Add to my own mixed feelings a glaringly obvious contradiction is present in NQ's position.  Aphelia maintains absurdly high numbers of certain elements for sale at every market other than Aegis.  This is an injection of usable parts with no associated ore sink other than the now defunct bot ore buy orders.  @NQ-Deckard has stated the element sell orders are needed to ensure every new player has ready access to these parts meaning they're not going to consider changing those orders.  Darned if you do, darned if you don't.