Am I the only one that feels like NQ is forcing me to avoid people interaction in MMO like DU?

NoBadCompany

Since the last few updates, especially the last 1.1 update I can´t get rid of the feeling, that NQ is trying to get away with a way cheaper AWS server plan on their side.
The performance was on markets like Alioth 6 or 7 always a bit questionable, but since a few weeks the said performance is plain and simple awful in best description.

After NQ took the decision to remove planet mining for good, as explantion NQ came up with increased server performance and less storage costs for the remove of such important feature and brought the lazy mining unit and asteroid mining as possibility for that.

But still till today it feels lazy and not as much fun as the old planet mining expeditions with an awesome mega node find at the end.

So why I have the strange feeling that NQ had to swap, or was financially forced, to a way cheaper AWS server plan to some extend.
Sure I can do the math myself, since player base numbers are shrinking in an insane way, the dream of NQ to switch on further server clusters while the numbers would increasing, became a wet dream of the NQ development team, but shouldn´t less player on a server cluster lead to better performance?
The reality looks and feels different to be honest

But and that´s a big but(t) brings me to the elephant in the room.
As for now DU is still a paid to play subscription plan game, why on earth it´s impossible to fly to an asteroid and mine without constant “pending operation” at times there´s only one more player on that said asteroid?

That was a different story during beta and even at release that issues never occurred to me, because DU ran very smooth on my pretty decent gaming rig since alpha phase without having much problems.

So what changed I´ve to ask myself and all I can come up with, is the stomach feeling, that NQ had to decrease the server performance to a minimum, but still keep the slogan up, monthly paid subscription game, that allows you to build your dreams.

I´m for sure not dreaming of a laggy rubber-banding slideshow, while being forced to avoid the playerbase, because I like to play MMO games to get in touch with other players virtually from all over the world.

Are you per chance running Windows 11 and did an update recently? I have noticed since launch that the client seems more demanding, I have no evidence, just a gut feeling. It's also sometimes extremely lagy, no matter if I run it on an extremely low powered client or a somewhat more capable client. When I log off and log on again it's often just gone.

3 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Are you per chance running Windows 11 and did an update recently? I have noticed since launch that the client seems more demanding, I have no evidence, just a gut feeling. It's also sometimes extremely lagy, no matter if I run it on an extremely low powered client or a somewhat more capable client. When I log off and log on again it's often just gone.

For me it’s in-game tools like Albatross aHid that show this kind of degradation. 

I have a fairly top end rig : RTX3080 5900x 64GB DDR4 etc.  but albatross hud slows to a crawl (literally single digit FPS) after an hour or so. I have to log out and restart the client multiple times a day to recover the performance. 

For me its clear as day, I have perfect performance almost all day everyday untill some days when there actually are more then 200 players online and then the graphics just mess up, its about once a week on the same day but its always the same and around the same time.

cheap servers grand cheap gameplay. They are digging their own grave, remove enough features and nothing is left other then to build a hotel.