Pets?

Daphne Jones

If you have a pet as part of your backer package it can be accessed and deployed via the Novean Overview. The Novean Overview can be accessed in game by hitting the "P" key.

An overview of what is to be received with this update with the different backer packs can be found in the Update 1.1 deployment thread here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/25649-update-11-is-here-new-pets-new-skins-new-building-tools/

Hope this information helps!

26 minutes ago, NQ-Nicodemus said:

If you have a pet as part of your backer package it can be accessed and deployed via the Novean Overview. The Novean Overview can be accessed in game by hitting the "P" key.

An overview of what is to be received with this update with the different backer packs can be found in the Update 1.1 deployment thread here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/25649-update-11-is-here-new-pets-new-skins-new-building-tools/

The reply here, along with the link in no way addresses the original poster's, concern that they are missing pets from their reward package. The link doesn't show what pets who is supposed to get.

@Daphne - pretty sure I am missing pets to, cause I only have level 1 & 2 of Anicham, nothing else.

31 minutes ago, Rokkur said:

The reply here, along with the link in no way addresses the original poster's, concern that they are missing pets from their reward package. The link doesn't show what pets who is supposed to get.

@Daphne - pretty sure I am missing pets to, cause I only have level 1 & 2 of Anicham, nothing else.

Yeah. And the Automata Elite is missing for me.

Its actually not that complicated. The Automata pet has 5 variants while the Anicham has 3 thus the later is the kickstarter pet and the former is from the supporter packs. Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect.

• Silver Founder = Automata Tier 1 & Anicham Tier 1
  • Gold Founder = Automata Tier 2 & Anicham Tier 2
  • Sapphire Founder = Automata Tier 3 & Anicham Tier 3
  • Ruby Founder = Automata Tier 4 & Anicham Tier 3
  • Emerald/Diamond/Kyrium Founders = Automata Tier 5 & Anicham Tier 3
  • Contributor Supporter = Anicham Tier 1
  • Sponsor Supporter = Anicham Tier 2
  • Patron Supporter = Anicham Tier 3

Note the reason that founders are receiving some of the supporter pets is because NQ decided to gift them certain parts of the supporter packs back in March 2018 as per this graphic.

1920x1080.jpg__960x540_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

Edited by Msoul

Having a decorative pet following you in 1st person is kind of pointless and bordering on annoying too.

You can't even see it 99% of the time, except when it's getting in your way or darting behind you.

We really need a 3rd person view.

But also, i think these pets would be a lot more fun in general, if they could be placed on a Construct, instead of following us around.

1 hour ago, NQ-Nicodemus said:

Oh, I do have pets. I just didn't see them on the rewards notification and didn't know how to access them.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Msoul said:

Its actually not that complicated. The Automata pet has 5 variants while the Anicham has 3 thus the later is the kickstarter pet and the former is from the supporter packs. Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect.

Note the reason that founders are receiving some of the supporter pets is because NQ decided to gift them certain parts of the supporter packs back in March 2018 as per this graphic.

1920x1080.jpg__960x540_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

It may not be complicated, however, as an experienced player I myself didn't know where to access the information  you listed @Msoul to check to see if I had gotten all the pets for my backer level. AKA you don't know what you don't know, which can include where to find that info, which wasn't present in the response by Nicodemus.

6 minutes ago, Rokkur said:

It may not be complicated, however, as an experienced player I myself didn't know where to access the information  you listed @Msoul to check to see if I had gotten all the pets for my backer level.

That is very fair. Apart from the third party kickstarter page, most of the remaining information pages were archived after several years, likely to avoid confusing newcomers with unobtainable reward packs offering "alpha access". Since there seems to be questions regarding what rewards to expect I will write up a more detailed overview on everything soon and post it here on the forums.

3 hours ago, Msoul said:

That is very fair. Apart from the third party kickstarter page, most of the remaining information pages were archived after several years, likely to avoid confusing newcomers with unobtainable reward packs offering "alpha access". Since there seems to be questions regarding what rewards to expect I will write up a more detailed overview on everything soon and post it here on the forums.

Why are we still getting Beta questionnaires months after "Release" if confusion is a concern?

Haha, you sound a lot like my old boss.

"Why are you designing Y, shouldn't you be doing X?"

"I would love to do both but Y is system critical, X is just the gravy, and HR has still not figured out how to clone me."

Honestly thou I am not sure why and this thread is more centered around pets so I don't think it is a good idea to get into it here. If you find it annoying then either update your account email preferences, block it, or consider mentioning it to one of the CMs so they can investigate.

1 hour ago, Msoul said:

If you find it annoying then either update your account email preferences, block it, or consider mentioning it to one of the CMs so they can investigate.

This questionnaire in particular is tied to unsubbing. To be fair, it's optional but extremely poor optics. 

The pets have no value for me at this time (or at any prior time).  

2 hours ago, Wyndle said:

The pets have no value for me at this time (or at any prior time).  

Likewise. I didn't sub for pets, back at the end of Alpha. I subbed in the hope of dropships and boarding actions (AvA) and TW... Looks very like I'd lose my bet except I also subbed for "fun with friends" and I got some of that...

Pets were always quaternary attractions. I wish they'd focus on the big promises.

1 minute ago, Kezzle said:

Likewise. I didn't sub for pets, back at the end of Alpha. I subbed in the hope of dropships and boarding actions (AvA) and TW... Looks very like I'd lose my bet except I also subbed for "fun with friends" and I got some of that...

Pets were always quaternary attractions. I wish they'd focus on the big promises.

Yeah, I didn't sub for pets either, but one of the ones I have is pretty cute (the one with flapping wings and XXXS AGG pulsors). The other one not so much.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, Msoul said:

Thanks, I had no idea I qualified for a pet at all and the game didn't bother to tell me I had one (unlike the outfits where it showed me them when I logged in).

Turns out when I hit 'P' I can turn it on and this thing is flying around behind me now.

If I force respawn, will the pet die too?  I feel bad about that ...

5 hours ago, Zireaa said:

I got a pet but I’m a bit disappointed in the look I think they look lame and like it was slapped two gether  but I like the outfits  well some of them 

“two” = number 2

“to” is the spelling you’re looking for. 

yes, I’m not a professional but I could have knocked-up the small one in Blender in quarter of an hour. 

quite disappointing. 

now imagine if you checked a box on their menu and then they helped you surface scavenge by gathering the same type of whatever material you were currently harvesting. They could start at the annoying small volume rocks in the pile. 

3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

“two” = number 2

“to” is the spelling you’re looking for. 

yes, I’m not a professional but I could have knocked-up the small one in Blender in quarter of an hour. 

quite disappointing. 

now imagine if you checked a box on their menu and then they helped you surface scavenge by gathering the same type of whatever material you were currently harvesting. They could start at the annoying small volume rocks in the pile. 

Tried all of them. They annoyed me. So I turned them off again ... 

As you say, if they would at least do something, and without the annoying sound.

50 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Tried all of them. They annoyed me. So I turned them off again ... 

As you say, if they would at least do something, and without the annoying sound.

If they don't do even one of scan, gather, grow and develop, lay eggs or produce usable poop (like NMS pets on the pet roster do) then they are basically a waste of developer time when there are so many actually necessary things that still need doing.

Like, say an actual non modal UI so that I can use more than 10% of my 49 inch screen real estate efficiently.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, Kezzle said:

Or just having "Enter" behave like everyone expects in dialog boxes...

Speaking of UI bollox, it’s not jus the search field, if you right click to rename something the dialogue box DOESNT GET FOCUS. 

Seriously, why did I click “rename”? BECAUSE I want to RENAME IT.

so don’t make me have to the. double click in the f’kkn name field to bring it into focus and select the text, this should be a given.  
Now repeat that chore for 180 factory elements in a printed bloop and it gets old quick. 

while we’re at it, how about the Escape key for that matter?  Its general function and purpose were basically nailed down in the late seventies but NQ seem to have lost the memo.  Sometimes it closes a window, sometimes it doesn’t sometimes it resets the field you’re typing. Sometimes it doesn’t. 

And what is it with the pop-unders?

Why the actual lemon-scented fudge would I want a window to open up UNDER the current window. Other companies have got this basic feature down pat since Windows 3.1 days. 

go to craft something in a popped up blueprint and press k type in the name of the thing you want to find EXACTLY or it doesn’t appear. Wait, so I want to see if I have have any in my container…  Press  I and it pops underneath, press escape twice, the blueprint closes. Press k.. forget how much I had again… grrrr. 

Yep. The UI is a mess. Basic definitions and standards seem to have been eschewed, or architecture decisions have been made which make adherence to expected conventions impracticable. How we could ever have expected an outfit that can't manage to fix these basic problems to effectively implement the "one shard, space-to-ground" vision that was one of the USPs of DU?