A Six Step Guide to Saving Save Dual Universe

Rokkur

Step 1: Create A Standalone Client (Single Player):

This needs to be local client, that requires no login server from Dual Universe in the case Novaquark fails as a company.
This way players can continue to playing the game without having to stress on if their creative work and invested play time will evaporate.

Remove your broken economy from Single Player. Enable Creative mode like NQ-Ripley had on stream.
The fact that Ripley can access a stand isolated instance from test/live server, means a version of a stand alone client already exists.

Step 2: Export/Import our Construct Files into Standalone from Live or Test Server:

The files exist probably server side on your end, however, the ability to request the file if we have Core Blueprint would enable players to protect their past creations in single player client.

Step 3: Make VR Compatible: 
Make the game work with VR headsets, or at least have the configuration points for players to make their headset work with Dual Universe.
By this point you could market Dual Universe (Single Player) as a stand alone meditative 3D building experience.

This could be packaged as a standalone product, given to anyone who has subbed to DU for more than 3 months by Jan 1st 2023. 
You could then sell it to new players, for another cash injection. I think it would do way better, and players would love it, without the FORCED, BROKEN, RAGEWORTHY GRIND!

Step 4: Make Players Able to Host Small Servers:

This way players can play with friends or find people DU discord to play with, a lot like RUST, Valheim, Space Engineers, etc.

Step 5: Implement Cash Shop
So you have a survivable injection of cash so you can pay contract artist to develop more cosmetics players can purchase monthly.

Step 6:  Create Modding Tools for Single Player Client:
You have told a THOUSAND TIMES to give us tools! Get out of our way, you obviously no longer have the energy/gas in the tank to do better than weak right/click point systems. We can do better than that, give us the ability to prove it, show you what we as a community can do, and what could be done in this game in a fun way.

Most of the people didn't lose their love of the actual game or it's concept, the lost faith in Novaquark to deliver what Dual Universe could be.

This is probably my last post on these forums, and I doubt it will make a bit of difference or good, but YOU CAN'T SAY we didn't try to help you save yourself!

P.S. in the meantime you can even keep your "MMO" server online until you manage to run it into the ground. Just give us a chance to save our time/work.

Edited by Rokkur

18 hours ago, Rokkur said:

Said Stuff

Step 1 Fractualize the playerbase.

Step 2 Remove players from the playerbase

Step 3 Implement a game mechanic that only 2 percent of gamers have. 

Step 4 Put the cost onto the players

Step 5 implement a cash shop that will be circumvented by all the moding you are going to allow. 

Step 6 have the players create all the content. 

With these brilliant idea's I would say you already work for NQ. 

15 hours ago, Thunderchrome said:

use the Trump plan: Lets build a Free2Play Model the let the dumb eve whales pay for it.

Wait! That was the NQ plan since the kickstarter...

@RokkurThis is just shouting into space, if you like doing this, great for you! But just don't expect NQ to do anything constructive with suggestions, requests or feedback...

The issue is lack of actual pvp(not click on interface) or threat in the game, also huge lack of pve enemies.

Your greatest threat in the game is hauling to much weight. No lazer guns, pvp arenas, ship combat arenas.

Game is build, so that noone ever sees your work and never is actually used. Ive just returned from alpha, nothing that was promised was implemented instead costs of building are silly with schematics now, so all new players are punished for rich organizations.

Edited by Asbo_Flemzo

1 and 4 are not possible.

Please at least learn how DU works in the backend before making grand plans to save it. It is fundamentally tied to running on an AWS k8 cluster and cloudfront.

3 is way more complex than you think because DU as is suffers scaling issues and would need a ton of work to look decent in VR.

5 has been planned already

6 is not possible because 1 and 4 isn't possible.

The End.

I’m afraid I can’t agree with the OP. 
removing players from the main game strikes me as counter productive. 

but a build client environment with Core BP export to the main game I could live with, however NQ have straight out said this is not going to happen.  Builds happen in game. The end. 

I have two VR headsets and would love it but the performance is no where near adequate for a barf-free experience. 

IMO I would rather have

1) PVE by way of NPCs. I.e. The three Ps… Piñatas (NPC loaded trading vessels), Pirates (NPC hunters targeting players) and Police (NPCs that turn up at reported crimes and respond to bounties).

2) in atmosphere PVP including air to ground and ground to air. With terrain occlusion (ie no targeting or shooting through  asteroids or mountains.)

but programming is not NQs strong suit so I doubt it will ever come to pass. 

IMHO, two changed alone would spice the game up no end. 

but you see ten replies to this thread would likely have 10 different opinions as to “how to save the game”

and since NQ have closed the Ideas thread it’s clear they have no intention of starting to listen to us going forward. 

now all we can do is wait for NQ to do whatever they feel like. 

I just visited DU Discord. What a CircleJerk that space is ... seems only the 10 or so players left (all PVPers of course) and the 2 NQ devs left there and all praising everything and talking as if everything was stellar .... echo chamber ...

1 hour ago, Jinxed said:

since NQ have closed the Ideas thread it’s clear they have no intention of starting to listen to us going forward.

Hearing the tone and the words used when it was announced on a stream that a cash shop is in the works I'd say they're paying attention to the forums.  I've still got the majority of my pre-paid year for them to win me back and that's the most generosity (or money) they'll get out of me without tangible, objective improvements.

26 minutes ago, Wyndle said:

Hearing the tone and the words used when it was announced on a stream that a cash shop is in the works I'd say they're paying attention to the forums.  I've still got the majority of my pre-paid year for them to win me back and that's the most generosity (or money) they'll get out of me without tangible, objective improvements.

Still, if it actually required player input for them to consider delivering a cash shop, then this game is in a worse financial position than I imagined. 

1 hour ago, Jinxed said:

Still, if it actually required player input for them to consider delivering a cash shop, then this game is in a worse financial position than I imagined. 

Or maybe they've got so much money sloshing around, they don't even need to think about alternative revenue streams... As if... :)

33 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

Or maybe they've got so much money sloshing around, they don't even need to think about alternative revenue streams... As if... :)

Need a chuckle emote as well as a like emote on these forums. 🤣

3 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I just visited DU Discord. What a CircleJerk that space is ... seems only the 10 or so players left (all PVPers of course) and the 2 NQ devs left there and all praising everything and talking as if everything was stellar .... echo chamber ...

wow, what the hell happened? did they do a purge of "undesirable elements" or something? Last week the Discord was a total Saxa and they had to implement a timer to reduce the vitriol.

"facepalm"

What your proposing is to be honest: Space engineers. but then with vr, ooh right thats a mod already and so is the rest.

DU is DU, standalone single server. with a game not living up to its promiss, but for some points different then any other space sim

Just thought maybe game would be better single player than completely closed.
But listening to what people are saying in this thread, cleaner probably that it all comes to an end.

Game will die, no doubt, so yeah, no more point in posting on forums. Deuces!

4 hours ago, Rokkur said:

But listening to what people are saying in this thread, cleaner probably that it all comes to an end.

You are doing a good attempt, the main issue is that NQ does not listen, else we would not be where we are now. They killed over 50% of the player base with 0.23 and they did not give a shit about it. even when the advanced test group adviced Not to implement 0.23 they did not listen as Negative comments are not read, only positives. (NQ staff told us themselves)

So with that this forum is just waste of time to us all, why still write? because we are all sadistic to our own.

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

So with that this forum is just waste of time to us all, why still write?

Hope springs eternal.  It may be that we are unable to influence DU's progress away from almost certain failure.  It may be that some of the remaining and/or former community members start their own software projects with the lessons learned from this fiasco.  Even if NQ will not listen to us someone may find value in our rantings.  Anyone would be hard pressed to stamp out that last ray of hope or eliminate the value I see in the writing of those who have even the most miniscule amount of care in their words.