Dual Universe - Release 1.1.0 - Change Log

NQ-Deckard

Please add some scrap (Tier depending on the item tier, maybe randomly 2-5% of the used pures worth) to the items you get from recycling, as it is now its pretty much useless. If we could get some scrap besides the random part, then recycling would have its uses in case of crashes or if you escape pvp but have serious damages and need to repair some essential systems. If you could do that then the recycle system would be pretty useful.

(And let us stack elements with the same number of lives, as your streamer yesterday expected it to be, no one wants to right-click -> recycle a few hundred times)

1)  The unique, non-stacking item caused by dynamic properties is the bigger issue that I thought recycling would address.  In a sense that is true and there will not be as much pressure to address the issue in the future, but please, please do not lose sight of this.  I recommend a filter toggle at the least but would prefer that damage not be handled the exact same as objects that have added data such as control elements with DRM scripts installed.  This could be as simple as having a different color or overlay for the icons.  I suspect you will start getting tickets to un-recycle elements due to this overlap, hopefully not an overwhelming amount.

2)  The returned items, while a vast improvement over nothing being returned, does not seem to be in line with expectations from anyone I have interacted with.  As the previous post suggests; receiving scrap would be a welcome improvement.  In my opinion it would be preferable to get a diminishing percentage of the entire pool of parts based on the number of remaining element lives.

On 11/29/2022 at 3:22 PM, Wyndle said:

2)  The returned items, while a vast improvement over nothing being returned, does not seem to be in line with expectations from anyone I have interacted with.  As the previous post suggests; receiving scrap would be a welcome improvement.  In my opinion it would be preferable to get a diminishing percentage of the entire pool of parts based on the number of remaining element lives.

I agree.

Current return efficiency in recycling does not fit into lore, nor real world.
There is no point for recycling. It may help little when elements are damaged.

I was hoping to see good return, so that players want to choose to recycle non damaged elements too.

On other hand this implementation feel just sort of  quick tool for fixing or looting damaged ship.

I still wait for recycling, instead of this cheap placeholder.

- Using recycling indy element and by reversing the recipe of a recycled element, part, alloy, voxel, etc.