The game's flight model is amazing and undersold, Pleeeease add HOTAS support

choxie

I personally have several friends who would play this game just to play it like a flight simulator. With a better mission system and missions that are different based on your location, HOTAS support could pull players from other HOTAS-supporting space games I shall not name (and similarly have some notorious reputations).

I play all the space games and DU's flight model has spoiled me. I think its one of the best aspects of this game, and I think it's heavily undersold in the promo material. Realistic space flight is almost unheard-of in this genre. Please consider moving HOTAS support up the list of priorities! I guarantee it is a feature that will grab players on its own (and ones who don't care about amassing assets or creating excessive data load)

10 hours ago, choxie said:

I personally have several friends who would play this game just to play it like a flight simulator. With a better mission system and missions that are different based on your location, HOTAS support could pull players from other HOTAS-supporting space games I shall not name (and similarly have some notorious reputations).

I play all the space games and DU's flight model has spoiled me. I think its one of the best aspects of this game, and I think it's heavily undersold in the promo material. Realistic space flight is almost unheard-of in this genre. Please consider moving HOTAS support up the list of priorities! I guarantee it is a feature that will grab players on its own (and ones who don't care about amassing assets or creating excessive data load)

Completely agree.

38 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

Asked for this in 2018. Don’t hold your breath.  

Yep. Completely agree with this too.

No offense intended to OP but just two weeks ago this forum was almost as active as it ever was during 0.23+.  Since then the majority of posts are people who enjoy the building and flight physics begging the devs to stop killing the game and proposing solutions.  The type of posts since 1.1 morphed into betting on how much longer the meager momentum will keep the train rolling or if there will be a fiery derail event to spectate.  IMO, this game died with JC's departure and has been coasting downhill since.