I have 5 DACs left. It it worth using one right now?

aliensalmon

Just wondering.

In case you wanna know more about me as a DU player: The things I liked the most when I played were seeing and exploring the cool constructs others have played, and I also liked building static constructs of my own, too. (Although it's hard for me to finish what I'm doing.) I liked figuring out how to make a space capable ship, but that type of excitement only comes once. I also like talking with the community both in game and on the forums.

Really happy to hear that talking with the community made your list. Everything else you described is also doable right now but admittedly some of the large player builds are still in progress so expect to see some "scaffolding" here and there. There are of course other gameplay aspects you might want to explore too like lua programing, industry, and pvp. Finally please don't forget that for the first 6 months after release, a talent point booster is in effect for all subscribed accounts. Now I wouldn't recommend redeeming a DAC just for that but I do think it is worth mentioning as some tend to place high value on their talent points. If you do decide to wait till later then please don't forget to place all of your important constructs on your safe moon territories to ensure they are not lost to IAR and be sure to signup to the newsletter (see footer on www.dualuniverse.game) to keep up to date.

3 hours ago, Msoul said:

Really happy to hear that talking with the community made your list. Everything else you described is also doable right now but admittedly some of the large player builds are still in progress so expect to see some "scaffolding" here and there. There are of course other gameplay aspects you might want to explore too like lua programing, industry, and pvp. Finally please don't forget that for the first 6 months after release, a talent point booster is in effect for all subscribed accounts. Now I wouldn't recommend redeeming a DAC just for that but I do think it is worth mentioning as some tend to place high value on their talent points. If you do decide to wait till later then please don't forget to place all of your important constructs on your safe moon territories to ensure they are not lost to IAR and be sure to signup to the newsletter (see footer on www.dualuniverse.game) to keep up to date.

Thanks for the helpful reply. Yes, the community is one of the best things about DU, in my opinion. Both good and bad talk is good. I think the community is also not just direct communication between users but also things that the community built in game or showed off. 

I've dabbled a bit in Lua and industry (more so the latter, but I've coded a simple "bouncing ball" simulation for a screen too.) PVP is also something I've wanted to do, too, but it's something that requires a bit of investment and commitment in my opinion. Thanks as well for the info on the other stuff like the talent points, IAR, and the newsletter!

It depends on in what DU community you participate in. D4nkKn1ght hosted a 'Fly in' two days ago and streamed all the ships on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/D4nkKn1ght

(You can watch the stream from two days ago to get an impression of what's there.)

There are a ton of cool communities showing cool ships/constructs, doing races, etc.

Shamsie (NQ-Ripley) was also streaming a lot of interesting stuff before he sold his soul to NQ. 😉 He still streams DU occasionally...

Markee Dragon also has his streaming community/activities in DU.

There are many, many others. I think that there are many cool constructs in DU and people are showing them off. But many are also still in their build up phase two months after launch, because so much was build during beta that they want to reconstruct first. Beta ships that need to be reworked and new ships that are being build. Just keep in mind that not everyone is as motivated as they were during beta and rebuilding might take longer then planned. But I already see impressively tile clusters that are build up pretty heavily.

Now, if those five DAC are the only things you want to spend on DU you might want to hold on to them, at the risk of loosing the opportunity to spend them at all... If not, there are cool things in DU already and just go and look!

3 hours ago, Cergorach said:

It depends on in what DU community you participate in. D4nkKn1ght hosted a 'Fly in' two days ago and streamed all the ships on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/D4nkKn1ght

(You can watch the stream from two days ago to get an impression of what's there.)

There are a ton of cool communities showing cool ships/constructs, doing races, etc.

Shamsie (NQ-Ripley) was also streaming a lot of interesting stuff before he sold his soul to NQ. 😉 He still streams DU occasionally...

Markee Dragon also has his streaming community/activities in DU.

There are many, many others. I think that there are many cool constructs in DU and people are showing them off. But many are also still in their build up phase two months after launch, because so much was build during beta that they want to reconstruct first. Beta ships that need to be reworked and new ships that are being build. Just keep in mind that not everyone is as motivated as they were during beta and rebuilding might take longer then planned. But I already see impressively tile clusters that are build up pretty heavily.

Now, if those five DAC are the only things you want to spend on DU you might want to hold on to them, at the risk of loosing the opportunity to spend them at all... If not, there are cool things in DU already and just go and look!

Cool, I'll check 'em all out when I have the time!