No Talent Point Refund?

SegaPhoenix

I (and many others maybe) have been taken by surprise with the latest mineral buy order removal. I understand the change but I guess I am frustrated with the lack of timeline or communication. Had I known what I know now I would have made very different decisions regarding talent training or territory claiming. I feel like had I saw this coming I might have either invested less talents into mining unit gameplay or rushed to get premium tiles with better ores elsewhere in the universe (which is now likely too late as they are claimed). I feel like most other games I play when such a large change as this is made, especially with the poor communication and considering the expectations that talent points are refunded. 

Please consider a Talent Point refund =)

NQ Logic: You used those skills, profited from the early game bot orders... and mining units are still viable with the game changes.

Also, NQ reps have said if you don't like it, and the game, don't play... when people have voiced their deep concerns. And arguably there are less and less players playing due to their attitude towards the community... so some are taking the hint. 

I know most of my friend group from beta keep being astounded by what more NQ can and do to squeeze life out of their game.... all while hoping they'll still change it around, we all love the idea of DU and have thousands of hours playing invested... 

Even falling player numbers are apparently not enough for NQ to realize that their direction is driving people away, like you can see a definitive drop with the annoucement via steam stats... its pretty clear.

And what happens when there is even a lower population of active players without bots? How will a new player be able to join the game and mine/make enough  to even buy parts.... from bots/market when they die off? Guess they'll just pull the lever and turn the bot orders back on? 

Most all games have more than one 1-2 ways to make fresh currency In game... with many games, and most MMO's rewarding players for everything to keep the endorphins kicking and players inventories full of shinies. Kill a monster? Here is some currency. Sell an item to a vendor in game? Here is some currency. Oh, you got top leader board for that arena? Here is some currency. Ah, you logged in and did your daily crafting quest? Here is some currency. Oh, you completed a quest? Here is some currency.  

We have... missions... and vr challenges that are different types of missions that you can only do once a day. Oh, and login bonus. 

Anyways done beating a dead horse. Myself and others have tried, and maybe the only thing NQ will listen to at this point is the sound of players quiting. 

I really hope they can make the game fun/more playable, and that by doing so creates a game with a positive churn rate. 

Edited by BlindingBright

image.png.6bf35d5bd363781b7bbe90ef85694e4d.png This tile if you do the math at 6h/L (current market trend) is only worth 457,000h per week. It cannot afford its own taxes in the current market.  Yes its not a tile worth keeping, but NQ did state previously that all tiles can afford to pay the taxes down to 5h/L.   This was during our concerns in the beta about taxes.  Not sure about NQ @BlindingBright, not all tiles are currently viable in the economy. I wish they were.  If NQ doesn't want to keep bots, then they really should lower taxes by 50%.  Not everyone has 600L/hr tiles. 

Edited by DekkarTV

1 hour ago, DekkarTV said:

image.png.6bf35d5bd363781b7bbe90ef85694e4d.png This tile if you do the math at 6h/L (current market trend) is only worth 457,000h per week. It cannot afford its own taxes in the current market.  Yes its not a tile worth keeping, but NQ did state previously that all tiles can afford to pay the taxes down to 5h/L.   This was during our concerns in the beta about taxes.  Not sure about NQ @BlindingBright, not all tiles are currently viable in the economy. I wish they were.  If NQ doesn't want to keep bots, then they really should lower taxes by 50%.  Not everyone has 600L/hr tiles. 

I, blinding bright am not saying they're viable, am saying by NQ Logic they, not I, still think it is viable and or are okay with this change. 

Deckard has shot from the hip many times since becoming a producer for Dual Universe, at the time of his statements about tiles being viable at 25l in Beta, those were during different times. Times have changed. 

Their stance has changed. You as a player must make the decision if a tile is worth it to mine for you, and balance that risk vs reward. 

This is the fun hard hitting gameplay that players crave 😅

4 hours ago, DekkarTV said:

I don't know how you doing your math, but let me say: You're doing it wrong!

Market price on Alioth at M6 ranges currently from 7q to 14+q per liter.

Adjacency bonus +60% (max)

Handling bonus 25% (max)

Harvested ore from extraction

Even with only three mining units, that tile (when run in a patch) will make a profit IF you have the right talents trained. My characters do, so they can make a profit. BUT do you want to bother with it? The talent training, the time for calibration, setting up the infrastructure, keeping up tax payments and set calibration times? I will not be keeping up with my tax payments and will roll up my mining operation on Alioth and put it into storage. That is not just due to the the low prices of ore, but it helps a LOT on both ends, I make less profit and I can buy cheaper. No my frustration with NQ peaked again after the most recent 'communication', don't get me wrong, I like that there are no more (new) bot orders for T1 ore, it's just that the trustworthiness of NQ is not there, and they proof that time and time again. That means I shouldn't be spending the amount of time I was spending on DU on activities that are not enjoyable, as they've shown that when you work in DU and build your very own space empire, they'll take it all away in a wipe (due to issues they caused)... I have a couple of million ore stored for production, with production revenue I'll be growing that stockpile.

Sidenote: I suspect that the current prices might very well go much lower as people are finding out that NQ won't be fixing the T1 bot orders, as they said they would. Some people have stocked piled a lot T1 ore waiting on the fix, now that it's not coming some will dump it all on the market...

3 hours ago, StoneLegionYT said:

I'm going to give NQ this one time and this one time only.

STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING AND ACTUALLY ADD CONTENT...

We've been saying this for years: stop releasing stuff, waiting till everyone assumes it's permanent (in this case, even telling people calibration spam isn't an exploit), then stealth-nerfing it (dropping it in a patch with no forewarning), and being surprised players are annoyed/leaving... and NOT adding anything new. Far better to address inflation by giving players more stuff to spend money on than constantly dialling up the grind! It would be super easy. Add some more expensive lumi colours or semi-transparent lumi, some more coloured force fields, ways to earn/buy old collectibles, element skins, XL elevators (that can cross a whole L core)... new money sinks instead of forced poverty equals fun/gameplay. I wish they'd show some imagination.

PS: I spent most of my 3 mill bonus loyalty TP on maxing out calibration points that I'll never now be able to use. I refund would have made sense. But hey, we're used to getting stuffed around. 

1 minute ago, Megabosslord said:

Just double the size so we're not frigging around trying to stand precisely on top of the things... and with better range. I'm so sick of 'elevator not in range' on L cores.

Yes, several sizes and designs would be awesome, but size of the element shouldn't be a factor in how far it can take you imho, it should be purely a cosmetic thing.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it matters what NQ does at this point. 

Their CEO certainly doesn't care. His priority right now as the game just launched and is failing to retain subscribers...?

He's going to London to speak at Tech Circus metaverse event so he can "bring my take on how to build the metaverse". 

If the company's leadership actually believed in the game, maybe they'd be spending time improving it, working on building a subscriber base, or communicating with customers...instead he's speaking at an event, likely to keep trying to pitch NQ for acquisition or investors. His priority is anything but the product itself because he knows the product doesn't work.