It is clear to see they are trying to further kill off the game (heres why and the choices they have to improve or further kill the game) PVP/PVE game play

Snow

making pve easier allows more people to want to take risk into the pvp area in which they can pvp a lot more

higher risk less people want to even touch pvp space because its too risky. Its hard enough as it is without alts but they see us as progressing too fast and it being too easy for us to build up which further limits the pvp gameplay side fo things.

so overall with them wanting to slow down the economy they are slowing down the pace people overall get into pvp and making the entree and consistency in the pvp field harder.

so we have 2 choices
either we can have a steady stream of income and constant pvp then have them add more game play pvp aspect like pvp space enemies and bosses that are strong then weaker ones you can choose to engage in pve space that give diff rewards far better in pvp space rewards

or we can limit flow of quanta into the game and slow down/limit pvp 

we can either make the game fun engaging consistent and industries turning, or we can make it far less fun dreadful and make pvp space feel too risky for many 

given the limitations

We can either further expand and diversify pvp or limit it and limit the player who get into pvp

they should kill schematics and probably with that the npc-missions then all counter actions and actions are gone and free crafting and cheap stuff should be back. Probably this does however need reappearing surface ores. It is alot easier said then done but now only one part of the total was scrapped leading to undesired results and less balance.

It would however be good to have some form of missions in DU but at the moment they are meaningless and contribute to nothing. A good mission system should have a reward and progress, lets say a spaceport is actually build on the progress of alot of missions or something similar. now its just free cash for time invested.

Win or lose, combat in DU is not fun. (It was better before shields and common use of the remote control exploit, but even then it wasn't as fun as it should have been).

Combat is too risky. On average you will lose half the time and then you have a multimillion quanta rebuild cost before you can enter combat again... in an economy that's offers little opportunity to make those millions.

High tier weapons/radars etc. are too much better than low tier for low tier combat ships to be a realistic option. The decision to go to higher tier should be difficult because it's a lot more expensive for a marginal improvement, but instead, the improvement is so great as to be required.

Think about it. Even if NQ fired every staff member tomorrow and switched off the office lights, they would have to still pay for data... With us players being some of the the most creative people on the planet... (Seriously, just look at the talent some of the people in this Community have... it's absolutely professional grade, no lies.)

This data is going to increase constantly as players create more. The DATA PER PLAYER ratio is key, here. 

There comes a point in time when the cost to deliver the data per player outweighs the subscription fee income. Imagine if only the hardcore legates of orgs remain after their creative players have left... There will be a legacy of epic proportions that needs to be fed to the dwindling number of remaining players.

At some point, this ratio will tip into the red and NQ will start winding up the marketing hamster to deliver another corker of an excuse as to why they need to WIPE ORL THE THINGZ.

2 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

Think about it. Even if NQ fired every staff member tomorrow and switched off the office lights, they would have to still pay for data... With us players being some of the the most creative people on the planet... (Seriously, just look at the talent some of the people in this Community have... it's absolutely professional grade, no lies.)

This data is going to increase constantly as players create more. The DATA PER PLAYER ratio is key, here. 

There comes a point in time when the cost to deliver the data per player outweighs the subscription fee income. Imagine if only the hardcore legates of orgs remain after their creative players have left... There will be a legacy of epic proportions that needs to be fed to the dwindling number of remaining players.

At some point, this ratio will tip into the red and NQ will start winding up the marketing hamster to deliver another corker of an excuse as to why they need to WIPE ORL THE THINGZ.

so in essence their engines are poorly optimized, and the game is fundamentally flawed and they have a poor marketing team is your take

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

so in essence their engines are poorly optimized, and the game is fundamentally flawed

Depends on which engines you are talking about, if graphics engines then yes, if talking about the 'cloud' data then maybe. The design for the infrastructure is pretty genius , especially when you consider that this game started many years ago. Assumptions where that the 'cloud' would become cheaper, and it did, but probably not by as much as what the original designers thought it would become cheaper... But that architecture is the backbone of DU, not something you can quickly or easily change, especially not at this point in time. So I wouldn't say that they game is fundamentally flawed, but maybe a choice was made years ago that everyone needs to live with now.

14 minutes ago, Snow said:

so in essence their engines are poorly optimized, and the game is fundamentally flawed and they have a poor marketing team is your take

a436bd32624711.568d07a7a4256.gif

Basically... but their initial idea was sound. and it showed promise after the kickstarter... I remember having a blast making my hovercraft fly when I first played in 2016 or whenever the first play session started.

I remember thinking I was cheating by putting the wings on the sides and flying OVER THE TREES.

such a sense of naughty trepidation was so intoxicating I upgraded to 300 dollar tier or whatever it was back then... Basically five Cyberpunk 2077s..

22 hours ago, Snow said:

making pve easier allows more people to want to take risk into the pvp area in which they can pvp a lot more

higher risk less people want to even touch pvp space because its too risky. Its hard enough as it is without alts but they see us as progressing too fast and it being too easy for us to build up which further limits the pvp gameplay side fo things.

so overall with them wanting to slow down the economy they are slowing down the pace people overall get into pvp and making the entree and consistency in the pvp field harder.

so we have 2 choices
either we can have a steady stream of income and constant pvp then have them add more game play pvp aspect like pvp space enemies and bosses that are strong then weaker ones you can choose to engage in pve space that give diff rewards far better in pvp space rewards

or we can limit flow of quanta into the game and slow down/limit pvp 

we can either make the game fun engaging consistent and industries turning, or we can make it far less fun dreadful and make pvp space feel too risky for many 

given the limitations

We can either further expand and diversify pvp or limit it and limit the player who get into pvp

We saw what players do with illimited ressources: NOTHING.

The entire beta was a shitshow where people with billions of quantas and ressources cryied for nerf PVP and co, without creating something, just stack ressources like retards.

So yeah, we need changes, but clearly not more nerf about PVP, this game need risk and REWARD.

good point, the reward section is vastly void. we need less limitations but probably we can argue all year about what we need. best we agree we need new server tech so all limitations needed on current server tech can be scrapped.

I believe high risk is needed in the general sense T2 should truly be the highest ore within the asteroid field then further push people into getting into pvp space pvp space gameplay overall but additionally the need to improve  the planet mining system overall as well

except at the same time we should make the pve gameplay easier and make pvp space seem more lucrative and consistent even if you lose a few ships

also additionally did you not read my msg on expanding things you can do within pvp space for higher rewards/more things to do higher interest @CobaltNZ

3 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

The entire beta was a shitshow where people with billions of quantas and ressources cryied for nerf PVP and co, without creating something, just stack ressources 

Um. Did you ever visit the inner planets? 

21 hours ago, Snow said:

additionally, a large amount of people quit during beta so is it really a good point of reference?

most quit because of 0.23, that patch killed mega/medium/solo industry, so if you want to know why most people left, its because industry was killed and after that exploiders of schematic scam were not taken out of the system. Frankly i think they are still here.

22 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

The entire beta was a shitshow where people with billions of quantas and ressources cryied for nerf PVP and co, without creating something, just stack ressources like retards.

So yeah, we need changes, but clearly not more nerf about PVP, this game need risk and REWARD.

You are mainly talking about a specific group of exploiders NQ never touched and who even sold stuff outside the game. The simple remedy would be to actually ban these kind of people but that was never done, or not at large. I would not be surpriced if this process still continues but reporting them even with proof does not work.

You obviously can't design a game around extreme outliners (a small minority of players with seemingly unlimited time to play and many alts), since that means the game will become mostly unplayable for the majority of players. And yet it seems like this is exactly what NQ is doing..

5 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

You obviously can't design a game around extreme outliners (a small minority of players with seemingly unlimited time to play and many alts), since that means the game will become mostly unplayable for the majority of players. And yet it seems like this is exactly what NQ is doing..

But they clearly can, and are, though.. It's like they are taking the upper bound of players and scaling everyone else relative to them.

5 hours ago, Jinxed said:

But they clearly can, and are, though.. It's like they are taking the upper bound of players and scaling everyone else relative to them.

The small org that I have spent all my time with since launch was keeping up with the large orgs in several regards.  When I realized that I suggested that we cool our jets and take time to enjoy the gameplay, literally a day before the first nerf.  We lost one player along the way but it wasn't related to the game.  The building plans I had prior to launch were based on a slightly slower economy but survive even now.  What initially looked like a 3 month project is now closer to an 18 month project.  I personally have a stronger appreciation for permanent structures in DU.

And I still have PTSD from space towers.