Confused about Industry Talents

Pleione

In a small org - we have 7 characters between the active members.  Most of the alts are specialized - like I have one that is focused almost exclusively on "Handling" talents - those with "When Deployed" aspects to them.  Other alts are focused on Industry and Crafting talents.

We seem to be getting inconsistent/confusing results.  Not 100% but it pretty much looks like whomever starts an industry determines the characteristics of the run independent of anyone who has "Reapply Talents" to the construct.

Any insights?

8 hours ago, Pleione said:

In a small org - we have 7 characters between the active members.  Most of the alts are specialized - like I have one that is focused almost exclusively on "Handling" talents - those with "When Deployed" aspects to them.  Other alts are focused on Industry and Crafting talents.

We seem to be getting inconsistent/confusing results.  Not 100% but it pretty much looks like whomever starts an industry determines the characteristics of the run independent of anyone who has "Reapply Talents" to the construct.

Any insights?

Oo. That would be rubbish if you're seeing what you think you are (not denying, merely agreeing it needs further testing). Might give this an 'experiment'  tonight. Ought to mean that a VR presence should always make a machine run like it's not been placed with any skills at all, if it's as screwed as you're thinking it looks.

You are correct, the person starting the industry changes the outcome due to the talents in crafting. there are points there under crafting by schematic and thus if said player crafts something with that talent or another does it without the outcome is different.  I just maxed all the talents in crafting and industry that reduce materials or gain extra items and it does make a real difference, wood honeycomb on industry now cost me about half from when i use my nanocrafter