Is it safe yet? (November 20th, 2022)

Pleione

19 hours ago, Pleione said:

Not helpful.

They will never be helpful. They want you to take 20+ people out with you to mine a pvp asteroid. Unfortunately PvP isn't even remotely close to fair or balanced. The aggressor has all of the power in most cases and there is no counter play to how most people fight. Its generally an S core with rails and/or cannons. With an alt in another seat with the stasis guns to make sure you have 0 chance in getting away. The whole thing might take 30 seconds to a few minutes depending on how your shield is tuned, but its just terrible. You can be on a roid sub 1 SU from the safe zone, get a ping that someone is in range, get back on you ship and start flying but because of how much damage is done so fast, your dead anyway. 

There isn't much if any skill in the PvP, the guys like to act like it is, and will go crazy when you tell them there isn't. A good chunk of the "hard" work like keeping the correct distance, facing the right direction, etc is and can be done by lua. Sure there are a few open source pvp huds out there now, but nothing as good as the stuff they use. 

They have all the good tiles, they have the numbers (they are the only ones still playing for the most part at this point). 

It should be pretty obvious by the changes that keep being made that they have some pretty large sway for some reason in what patches come and the overall toxic nature is a fairly large reason why the new players we did get didn't really stay around.  People never want to take a L. Sure, some of the dudes in those orgs are not all that bad (VMMO) but their overall attitude is that they want to be #1, even if it ends up killing the game. 

1 hour ago, CyberDay said:

They will never be helpful. They want you to take 20+ people out with you to mine a pvp asteroid. Unfortunately PvP isn't even remotely close to fair or balanced. The aggressor has all of the power in most cases and there is no counter play to how most people fight. Its generally an S core with rails and/or cannons. With an alt in another seat with the stasis guns to make sure you have 0 chance in getting away. The whole thing might take 30 seconds to a few minutes depending on how your shield is tuned, but its just terrible. You can be on a roid sub 1 SU from the safe zone, get a ping that someone is in range, get back on you ship and start flying but because of how much damage is done so fast, your dead anyway. 

There isn't much if any skill in the PvP, the guys like to act like it is, and will go crazy when you tell them there isn't. A good chunk of the "hard" work like keeping the correct distance, facing the right direction, etc is and can be done by lua. Sure there are a few open source pvp huds out there now, but nothing as good as the stuff they use. 

They have all the good tiles, they have the numbers (they are the only ones still playing for the most part at this point). 

It should be pretty obvious by the changes that keep being made that they have some pretty large sway for some reason in what patches come and the overall toxic nature is a fairly large reason why the new players we did get didn't really stay around.  People never want to take a L. Sure, some of the dudes in those orgs are not all that bad (VMMO) but their overall attitude is that they want to be #1, even if it ends up killing the game. 

Did you really read the different messages above ?

I explained that 2 or 3 players can easily succeed in a mining operation in PvP zone.
There are people who even do this on their own.

There are of course some strategy and ways to play to master, that's what I tried to develop in my answers.

A pirate is often alone or in a duo. Of course if you are unlucky you can find more people but it's really very rare case. Because hunting on asteroids with more than 2 ships if you are not sure to have someone in front IT IS NOT PROFITABLE.

You won't be able to survive 100% of your encounters.
But if you try to play smart you will greatly reduce encountering a pirate.
And if you play with a small group (2, 3 people or a little more) you have plenty to save the majority of your ships by sacrificing one. See your attacker run away and leave before friends come to him.

People who say there is no skill in PvP are those who have never practiced it. YOU may not have skills because YOU ARE a bad pilot on Dual Universe. But this is not the case for everyone.

Your ramblings on the Lua part clearly show your lack of competence in this area as well. You'd better shut up than talk nonsense.

It's clearly not the PvP guys out to kill the game. NQ is doing all these nerfs to limit the possessions of wealth-hoarding safe zone players. The care bears are the first to blame.

If we had territory warfare, cleary NQ would not have needed intervention with such a violent change in the economy.

On 11/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Knight-Sevy said:

The fight you are referring to appears to be the fleet fight that took place on a station with a shield planted by Lodestar.

The server died before the fight really entered an interesting phase. The losses are more than limited compared to the number of ships involved.

It's not just a mining ope gone wrong. But a fleets who to try to destroy / defend a station.

What my friend said was that they caught Legion mining and asteroid and destroyed them. idk. I wasn't there.

26 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

What my friend said was that they caught Legion mining and asteroid and destroyed them. idk. I wasn't there.

Oh yes, there was a fight more recently. I think it's a translation bug I had the equivalent of "annihilate" on the quick translation. There was indeed the loss of 1 or 2 ships I believe. Always a few diehards who are slow to pass on the meta S ships ^^
But no really significant loss, PvP is active at the moment clashes as it happens regularly and I believe that all sides lose and kill ships all days.

It's quite a good thing. Content for all.